Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This sounds like fun. Can't wait to start getting hate mail.

It was a tough call between Buddy Holly and John Denver for my Air Force leader's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

An enemy alliance is rushing newbie goons, so ignore the part about going black. Stay beige for now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

:siren: Stay beige until we can boost you out of range of idiot nazi raiders. :siren:

Also get on discord, because then we can boost you faster and you can coordinate w/ your fellow browser game friends.

Might want to strike out the part in the OP that says we're Black or at least append it to say "Stay beige for a couple days."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Well, my resources might be getting looted but what little cash I had on hand after upgrading my cities is safely tucked away in the stadium.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

While you were blockading my nation, I studied the bat.
While you were pillaging my cities for $0, I fielded my dreams.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kind of wish it was soccer so we could make FIFA corruption jokes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Wait... so I can fund a baseball team via international war profiteering?

Hmmm I might have to check this thing out.

Better than that, you hide your stolen cash in baseball investments so it doesn't get stolen back when someone invades you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Worth noting that this game is 5 years old, and in just a month GOONS has already managed to crack the top 20 strongest alliances, and keeps gaining ranks by the day.

Also, once we get 30-40 or so more goons on board, we will have enough people to vote for and change the name of the black color trading Bloc to whatever name we want.

Yes, whatever name we choose. Decided by goons...

We should've gone brown so we could change it from Typhon's self-aggrandizement into something they hate.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Once you apply you paste in your SA link
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=171552

and then your nation link. in P&W Under nation click "view" and copy paste that link..
It'll look like this: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=180163
(with your nation ID)

This helps the bot recognize you and do other things that help beat nazzis.

It's not very clear communication, took me half an hour before I realized that was what it was asking.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I just wanna be able to wear big boy pants a go to war. Growing up is hard.

Better to wait until your army's built up. I learned that lesson the hard way.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

GOONS hasn't been this good at browser games in years. Join today and punch a nazi.

Look at how far we've come since then.

They lost a couple members too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We use nuclear power because the fuel isn't used for anything else except nukes and it's twice as powerful as a coal or oil plant.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coordinating with goons to break a blockade makes me feel like a hero.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cobbsprite posted:

This sounds like exactly my jam. What's the bennies for referrals, and who needs one the most?

They pretty much just go into the warchest so just click whoever in the OP. It's a relatively small amount of cash and resources (non-goons would probably consider it a lot) but it'll keep our expenses low a couple months from now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mekchu posted:

The Communist Republic of Nueva Republica de Mekchu has been made and is applied in-game.

I hope this can be a browser version equivalent of OOTP and HOI mixed together.

It's not.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The game's mechanics are basically "bigger number wins battle", "gaining ground control weakens planes", "gaining air superiority weakens tanks", and "major sea victories block the opponent's ability to trade with other nations until they win at sea, you lose your ships to other nations' attacks or the war ends".

There are also missiles and nukes but you probably won't have to worry about them until much later.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jumped on an officer of an enemy alliance right before he was beiged by another goon, he won't be able to rebuild before more goons are allowed to declare war against him.

Stomping pubs is fun and all but I wish the actual game was less shallow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The dog food goon had a nice rug.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Typhon just lost six more members in the past day and dropped four places in the ranking as a result. We might be able to knock them out of the top 50 with enough time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You know how I said Typhon's been losing members? It looks like a lot of them are being punted down to Applicant status.

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4214

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My wars are going to be a lot more entertaining.

:cb: :cb: :cb:

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 30, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BombermanX posted:

So this game is just baseball and nationstates. Do I get to pass stupid issues like turning my deceased into burgers?

All you can do is build things, amass troops, attack (and spy on) players and play baseball. That's the entire gameplay.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kim Jaym Il posted:

What better way to annoy pubbies than by turning your nation page into a monstrosity straight out of the 1990's internet?

Got a ten hour loop of Silver Shamrock as my anthem for Halloween.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Writing this explanation just made me realize how dumb baseball is in this game

If Alex ever hired a professional game dev for consulting work, baseball alone would make them throw a fit. PnW is a case study in poorly thought out game systems.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You mean it's not good for a game's economy to let enfranchised players generate money out of thin air?

And also how an ad hoc tipping culture needed to form around away games because there's no incentive to do it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't believe they keep picking the grossout food options.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remora posted:

The pubbies are learning.

Like TIE fighters, goons prefer to attack in groups of three.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ask your doctor if AncapistanTM™ is right for you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I got half of those over the past couple days because I picked a fight with Typhon's "Commander of Economic Affairs".

The Good Professor posted:

The free market wills it, who are we to deny it?

Proof of weak hands.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TVsVeryOwn posted:

why did you eat such a cute dog?

Ate two more since then and I'm sure I'll eat a few more over the next couple days.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Update:

I have consumed ten missiles this week! I have consumed ten missiles in the past week. (First one was on Sunday)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=115525

quote:

- 12 cities
- 11 examples of leadership i have shown
- 10 days until I become the biggest nation in PnW
- 9 reasons my income went down
- 8 phones that i want to have but are too expensive for me
- 7 leadership qualities I value
- 6 more projects I want to build
- 5 hours until my next attack
- 4 different militarian attack modes
- 3 baseball losses to every win
- 2 alliances (past and present)
- 1 motive
Winning The Battle: Steps to the War

I'm going to miss crushing these guys when the war ends.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drove one into vacation mode! :toot:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=103863

Airstrikes against their money might not earn anything but it sure does piss them off.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anshu posted:

Where do I find the source of this image and, if possible, vote?

Menu list > Nation > Edit > Scroll down to the color trade bloc selection > Click the link that says "Vote on Name" > Click the big button that says "New Vote" > Select "BLACK Lives Matter"

It's buried down there because Alex doesn't understand what good UI design is.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Solumin posted:

It's right at the top of the Edit Nation screen.

Yeah, I missed that one with all the mess up there.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Some nerd is now spamming reports on the forums for the crime us not playing baseball with him. :pedophiles:

He's also the leader of Typhon. It was already fun beating on them but now it feels like they deserve it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It keeps happening.

103 steel smashed to pieces. Why do they waste their strength in suicidal charges?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

corgski posted:

This game is extremely fun and by fun I mean it’s a place where I can make high-effort shitposts in the RP forum that’s usually full of “fake” nazis announcing that they’re going to re-roll their nation after getting trounced by goons.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/26957-pdnna-national-figurehead-found-dead/

Spending a little effort on terrible roleplay posts about our goings on does seem like a good way to piss them off. Best of all, it's within the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Our suicide nuke destruction missions are getting results. Be sure to display the achievement afterwards to rile them up.