Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

This is one of those games that you can invest as much or as little time into as you want. 5 minutes a day or less is often enough to do your basic duties in the game, but you can also spend hours a day if you feel like getting into a diplomatic or internal position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Ruzihm posted:

We have now managed to get a pubbie kicked from his alliance for attacking us and not surrendering when they told him to.

Specifically, this one:

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

I'm pretty sure that Cobra guy is spending hundreds of dollars on the game just to try and fight us. Hopefully someone posts the messages from him.

We legitimately pissed him off so much that he's spending hundreds of dollars to try and get back at us.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Romeo Charlie posted:

Aesculus asked in another thread if I still had the catfood vid.

I have it if anyone wants a copy. https://ufile.io/i80zudxe

I no longer can host the vid on youtube as they've remove the video.

A classic.

The mercy board goal currently is to get someone to eat fish flakes.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

There's always money in the banana stand baseball stadium.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Worth noting that this game is 5 years old, and in just a month GOONS has already managed to crack the top 20 strongest alliances, and keeps gaining ranks by the day.

Also, once we get 30-40 or so more goons on board, we will have enough people to vote for and change the name of the black color trading Bloc to whatever name we want.

Yes, whatever name we choose. Decided by goons...

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Remora posted:

Applied ingame and in discord. Afraid to touch anything in the game. halp

Main thing to remember is that basically anything you do wrong starting out can be fixed easily. We have optimal guides available, but don't stress it if you missed something or already did something else before reading the proper way.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

The man called M posted:

What is the key to powering a city? I would assume Power Plants, but I keep building plants, and my cities are still not powered.

A nuke plant should be more than enough. Do you have any uranium? It's required to power the nuclear power plants.

If you don't, hop on discord and ask for some help getting sorted, and if you do, come by for a chat anyway!

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

super sweet best pal posted:

Coordinating with goons to break a blockade makes me feel like a hero.

Many of these pubbies have been playing for almost 5 years, and are regularly being brought to their knees in war by the coordination of a couple less than a month old goons.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Elric posted:

No, just a lurker.

Exactly what you'd expect a spy to say. :thunk:

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

jjack229 posted:

Your screen grab cut off my nation. :colbert:

We were kinda hoping you'd take the hint...

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

tater_salad posted:

Wait. A j4g and I missed it .. is there a synopsis of tears somewhere?

Guy sends DNFJ a screenshot of one of his posts in this thread, thinks he's smart for spending :10bux: to do so.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Hey look you're on tv!

"You must have clear objectives. I'm trying to work them out"

Dominate the game and run the nazis out of it.

Screenshot that.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

What better way to annoy pubbies than by turning your nation page into a monstrosity straight out of the 1990's internet?

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Ineptitude posted:

So i enjoy fashbashing as much as the next goon but im finding it hard to allocate time to sit and search for potential victims to raid.
I don't mind being a bauxite battery babe but i would enjoy it more if i also had some fashbashing to do.
Its been well over a week since i have been called upon to defend someone or babysit someone or really do anything at all so it would be cool if there was more activity in this regard.

What i am asking for is for someone to find targets for me so that i don't have to

EDIT: Im going to leave them here as a monument to my ineptitude

Pinged you on discord. There's a very easy way to find targets but I won't mention it here because apparently we already have J4Gs in this lovely browser game!

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Worth noting, some of our members recently got some Nazis in trouble for having swastikas and Nazi propaganda on their nation pages, and apparently the pubbies REALLY DON'T LIKE THAT.

So now, they've resorted to scouring all goon nations, looking for any tiny infractions they can to report us(drug references, curse words, overly descriptive references to fash bashing).

They're mostly reaching really hard in their reports, but that said, to anyone new joining, err on the side of caution when naming your nation and adding descriptions.

When I doubt, just ask yourself, 'Would a :decorum: centrist moderator say "well, technically" about this?"

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Libluini posted:

Drug references? Are you for real? Your nation's fact book, your nation's policies, all have multiple drug related questions. Or does it not count as referencing drugs if your fact book proudly proclaims that 78% of your citizens are using weed and 69% are taking hard drugs?

That's what they reported, not necessarily what the admin agreed with. Luckily it appears he just cleared out the recent reports and pretty much shot them all down. Just noting that we should be careful, as the pubbies are taking a fine tooth comb to our guys out of frustration, and hoping something sticks.

That said, of all the frivolous reports, one did actually stick. A goon had their nation named "Glorious Rainbow Orgy", and received a strike for it. So if anything avoid making sexual references on your nation page, no matter how benign, as there seems to be a hardline stance on that.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Single post, same day regdate, 100% Not Mad.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

No better time to start playing than now, come get reported to the FBI by the game admin!

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Is making food unprofitable because everyone is doing it just because it seems like a reasonable thing to do? Or is there another reason?

It's tied to your land area, which we don't carry a lot of with our build. As such it's more profitable to focus on other resources, and just buy the food(which the alliance takes care of).

Kim Jaym Il fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 9, 2019

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Yeah that totally came out wrong :frogdunce:

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Now I have to quit again.

Cyberbully extraordinaires.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

My favorite part of our recent war:

Their ally, The Regiment, an alliance with this on their main page:

just sat there helpless and watched as we ravaged their friends.