Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat

All my impulsive tea purchases arrived today :retrogames:

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

i started with the ho-ji cha kamakura since it'd be weird to drink black tea this late in the day. it's listed as a green tea but it's roasted and there's very little green left about it, and it's not grassy or astringent at all. it reminds me a lot of a mellower formosa oolong. I think I prefer this a tiny bit to upton's standard formosa oolong, even

i might try this one next https://www.uptontea.com/japanese-green-tea/gen-mai-cha-loose-leaf-green-tea/p/V00203/

Escape From Noise

poverty goat posted:

i started with the ho-ji cha kamakura since it'd be weird to drink black tea this late in the day. it's listed as a green tea but it's roasted and there's very little green left about it, and it's not grassy or astringent at all. it reminds me a lot of a mellower formosa oolong. I think I prefer this a tiny bit to upton's standard formosa oolong, even

i might try this one next https://www.uptontea.com/japanese-green-tea/gen-mai-cha-loose-leaf-green-tea/p/V00203/

Hojicha is really nice. Really great for fall IMHO. I need to get myself some.

I'm almost out of gold leaf black tea! Maybe I'll get some more after my next payday.

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAvdWCLiNug

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

ulvir

https://youtu.be/eELH0ivexKA

poverty goat

drinking that broken leaf darjeeling

Escape From Noise

Enjoying some anxi oolong a friend got me from Hong Kong with some mikan.

poverty goat

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Sucking down some Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Red right now.

My go to.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's time for Adagio lemongrass tea because my tum hurts

ulvir

nut

gdam

poverty goat

I'm drinking the black gold bi lo chun and it's really good but I think getting my brain to accept it as black tea first thing in the morning may be a fool's errand

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

It's time for Adagio lemongrass tea because my tum hurts

haggy the black tea trick helped my flu recovery. i couldn't keep much down but it made a difference whatever day you suggested it.

today imma do some very weak green loose leaf with honey

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

poverty goat posted:

All my impulsive tea purchases arrived today :retrogames:

Your next order you should try some pu-erh, Upton's cheap "signature" one used to be my absolute favorite on a cold morning.

Also you get to say "poo air" while daring people to giggle

SeaGoatSupreme
All I've got is roasted yerba mate right now but I'm gonna make a big cup tonight. Definitely need some good tea time to feel clear headed rn

ulvir

drinking this :coffeepal:

really nice and thick mouthfeel

ulvir

jfc this arbitrary “we hike prices every year” poo poo that puerh pushers do to their unsold stock is so goddamn fail, this tea was sub $40 in 2018 when i bought it

French Accent

i love my cinnamon chai but i've been exploring tea from respected chinese provinces. got some jasmine from fujian and i get hooked on the aroma every time i make myself a cup of it

if anyone wants to suggest something that tea aficionados enjoy, i will gladly have a look and quite possibly buy it

Escape From Noise

French Accent posted:

i love my cinnamon chai but i've been exploring tea from respected chinese provinces. got some jasmine from fujian and i get hooked on the aroma every time i make myself a cup of it

if anyone wants to suggest something that tea aficionados enjoy, i will gladly have a look and quite possibly buy it

For black tea I really like Yunnan gold leaf.

For oolong tie guan yin is a really nice lighter variety. Dong ding/frozen summit has a more roasted, deeper flavor that's really nice.

French Accent

i will definitely check out gold leaf, thank you!

Escape From Noise

French Accent posted:

i will definitely check out gold leaf, thank you!

There are varying grades. Some are pretty pricey, but I always enjoy them.

ktonastya

I'm afraid I just "blue" myself

Drinking this herbal tea, witch’s brew. It’s not bad. Has a little too much minty-ness to it that it overpowers the other flavors though

poverty goat

i ordered some tea today :getin:

SeaGoatSupreme
What did you get

Spill the beans

SeaGoatSupreme
Sorry, that was needlessly insensitive in this bean free zone

Please tell us what lovely herbs and spices you bought to make hot not bean water

poverty goat

I'm sampling a few of upton's assams to see if I like anything better than the assam irish breakfast blend I usually get

Macnult

sippin’ on some decaf chai tea and feeling lovely

tomorrow i’m thinking gunpowder green if i’m feeling the sleepies, or honeybush with some basil sprinkled in there

Escape From Noise

I need to dig up my friend's chai recipe and get the ingredients together.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Sorry, that was needlessly insensitive in this bean free zone

Please tell us what lovely herbs and spices you bought to make hot not bean water

What? Tea with cold beans straight from the can on a piece of toast is like the most British breakfast in the world.

okay it's like a really quick but sad breakfasts but still, it involves tea and beans.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 7, 2020

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

First up: https://www.uptontea.com/assam-tea/assam-organic-loose-leaf-black-tea/p/V00043/

Smells like honey in the bag, brews malty and earthy with undertones of... Sandalwood? Pipe tobacco? Very mild tannicity, good with milk but does not require milk, and quite a caffeine, wow that's really something. Good stuff, do not regret the minimum order of 200g