Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

MikeCrotch posted:

can we add JP Losman in here as well

I mainly remember him from NFL Europe prior to his stint for the Bills

Losman was drafted in the first round by the Bills. He never played in Europe. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hi all are we talking about the UFL champion Las Vegas Locos quarterback J to the P Losman?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol, the Bills tried to trade up to draft Ben Roethlisberger but no one was willing to trade down, so they took Losman instead and acted like he was the guy they wanted all along.

e: Which was even funnier considering they took Losman with their second first round pick that year, down in the 20s, after taking legendary wide receiver Lee Evans at 13.

The 2004 draft was loving stacked and not just the quarterbacks. Larry Fitzgerald was in that draft, and DeAngelo Hall and Jonathan Vilma were real good players for a while too, and Sean Taylor looked pretty awesome before he up and died. Even the busts like Gallery and Winslow were considered ultramegaprospects at the time.

And then there's the Jaguars, who the Bills offered #13 and #22 to move up to #9 and snipe Roethlisberger from the Steelers, but no, the Jaguars told them to pound sand so they could draft, uh... (checks notes)... Reggie Williams.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 29, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eric the Mauve posted:

And then there's the Jaguars, who the Bills offered #13 and #22 to move up to #9 and snipe Roethlisberger from the Steelers, but no, the Jaguars told them to pound sand so they could draft, uh... (checks notes)... Reggie Williams.

:negative:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol, the Bills tried to trade up to draft Ben Roethlisberger but no one was willing to trade down, so they took Losman instead and acted like he was the guy they wanted all along.

e: Which was even funnier considering they took Losman with their second first round pick that year, down in the 20s, after taking legendary wide receiver Lee Evans at 13.

The 2004 draft was loving stacked and not just the quarterbacks. Larry Fitzgerald was in that draft, and DeAngelo Hall and Jonathan Vilma were real good players for a while too, and Sean Taylor looked pretty awesome before he up and died. Even the busts like Gallery and Winslow were considered ultramegaprospects at the time.

I had forgotten all about this like a repressed memory...so depressing
Stupid loving Jaguars.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I had forgotten all about this like a repressed memory...so depressing
Stupid loving Jaguars.
Also we had to give up a fuckton of picks for the “privilege” of drafting John Paul loving Losman, because the rumor was Green Bay was interested in him.
loving Jaguars, always screwing us over. LOL we would’ve ruined Big Ben anyway

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Somewhere out there is a universe where Sean Taylor is wrapping up his Hall of Fame career and Ben Roethlisberger died in 2006, and another one where Roethlisberger was drafted by the Bills and they ruined him like they ruin all quarterbacks. Both of these realities are superior to the one we're stuck in.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Somewhere out there is a universe where Sean Taylor is wrapping up his Hall of Fame career and Ben Roethlisberger died in 2006, and another one where Roethlisberger was drafted by the Bills and they ruined him like they ruin all quarterbacks. Both of these realities are superior to the one we're stuck in.

The Giants would have drafted Ben if the Rivers-Eli trade didn't work out

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Whatever, gently caress Big Ben.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Whatever, gently caress Big Ben.

It's more depressing somehow that we drafted Losman than it is that we didn't draft Big Ben.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

The karmic implications of rapist Ben roethlisberger leading the bills of all teams to a super bowl boggle the mind

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Funnier still is that Bill Cowher adamantly didn’t want to draft Roethlisberger, fought the GM and owner tooth and nail over it for a month to no avail. If he’d persuaded Rooney to draft a lineman instead the Bills would have gotten him at 13

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Imagining a world of Eli on the Chargers, Ben on the Giants, and Rivers on the Steelers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
This is the browns new OC. Totally Not Freddie Kitchens

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt look at the picture but i could tell he was poo poo when you said he was a coach/player/fan of the browns

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ghost Dog posted:

i didnt look at the picture but i could tell he was poo poo when you said he was a coach/player/fan of the browns

harsh, but fair

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you're into butterfly effect stuff, Banner Society (not-EDSBS) has a good piece on the college and even NFL implications of the Ole Miss player doing a dog piss celebration in the Egg Bowl.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is the browns new OC. Totally Not Freddie Kitchens

I'm so upset you snagged him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ron Wolf is super salty about his kid getting fired.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1222638686895996936

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I mean in this specific case he's got a point insofar as DePodesta hasn't the faintest idea what he's doing (football-wise, he's apparently in expert at kissing Haslam's rear end) and is hiding behind ~The Data~

But to blame 'Analytics' for DePodesta's incompetence is exactly as fair and valid as blaming 'Old School Football' for Gettleman's

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The data is perfect; the players and coaches just need to execute.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hey guys Sashi picked a good LB, some rotational de's and Myles Garrett! The data also says he would've 100% picked Baker and Ward to. Obviously the data is above reproach

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Data is useful, if you can interpret it correctly. Other times you follow a correlation down a causation hole and you get the Browns.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
The best the Browns could find for an OC is the QB coach of the 2-14 Bengals :laffo:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It can't be much longer before prospective coaches just stop taking Jimmy's calls right?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

spanky69 posted:

The best the Browns could find for an OC is the QB coach of the 2-14 Bengals :laffo:

To be fair our QB coach in 2018 was a bad Bengals OC.

Whom we promptly fired after Baker's record rookie year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

a neat cape posted:

Imagining a world of Eli on the Chargers, Ben on the Giants, and Rivers on the Steelers

I absolutely don’t want to imagine a world where the Steelers won 5 rings in the last 15 years. Of course it probably would have cost the pats a few so...complicated

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It can't be much longer before prospective coaches just stop taking Jimmy's calls right?

I'd still put late life Al Davis as the most toxic situation to be in as a coach, and to be fair he really picked some winners to be toxic towards. But we're getting close.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I'd still put late life Al Davis as the most toxic situation to be in as a coach, and to be fair he really picked some winners to be toxic towards. But we're getting close.

We should play the game, how many Head Coaches is Jimmy paying right now?

So that will be 2 coaches salaries this season, and at least 2 salaries through 2022. What's fun is that Jimmy hasn't paid less than 2 Head Coach salaries at once since he bought the team. Hell in 2014 and 2016 he was paying 3 at once.

That's gotta get expensive.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ambition is a hell of a drug.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i assume stefanski’s role is to design the offense, alex van pelt will ensure it’s properly executed, and depodesta’s analytics team will be doing most of the playcalling, with stefanski having the option to veto like it’s loving madden

it’s not based on anything besides what i’ve observed in dystopic capitalistic “forward-thinking” hierarchies

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean coach salaries keep coming after your fired. Ambitious guys who think they can turn it around will always be around, and guys looking for one last paycheck they won't have to stick around for when it falls apart.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just popping into his thread to say, "gently caress Kyle Shanahan!"

I hope he never gets close to another Super Bowl again.

Not a Niners fan, not a Falcons fan. Just a guy saying, "gently caress Kyle Shanahan!"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Any other jobs of interest still open?

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1224364293786722304?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Guess this goes here

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1224039623330058240?s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles are still without an OC

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

shyduck posted:

Eagles are still without an OC

Isn't Josh McCown kinda their defacto OC

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Isn't Josh McCown kinda their defacto OC

Being a backup QB pays more

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1224741209047875584?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a name I haven't heard in ages. He was an offensive lineman on the Super Bowl 32 and 33 Broncos squads.