Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Let's go camping, SAFauxton on uplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my character is bumbling around like they got their head bashed around in a chopper crash

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LMAO EVERYONE SHOULD TRY PICKING UP A DEAD BODY

FUCKIN PSYCHO MANTIS THAT poo poo RIGHT OFF A BRIDGE WOOSHAWWWW BITCH SEEYA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

so for reals when is the concussion from this crash supposed to wear off my ghost is shambling around the woods like a heavily armed drunk

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The drone flyovers are a pain in the rear end because they are super good at spotting you and you pretty much have to break LOS to be hidden, no bush cover or laying in grass. Even then, they end up coming across at a weird angle and start spotting you while you think you're fine and then you have to dance around the tree/rock to find the one good spot. I'd love to be able to shoot one of those bastards down at some point.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zushio posted:

Counterpoint on vehicles: Motorcycles are loving hilarious and you can launch yourself crazy far if you get some speed and a ramp.

I landed on top of a tree once.

Like all the way on top, as though I was napping in a bizarrely-placed deer stand. Problem is that it was just a hair too close to a mega-killer drone hut and I got pasted.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Changing sync shot to a consumable (instead of a cooldown) really punches up the difficulty unless you slow your roll and take things careful. I love the way you can basically dismantle a garrison from 200 yds and then get spotted by a loving drone gently caress

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cyks posted:

For the most part it is the same. There's some heavy dudes that have helmets that take two sniper shots to the head to drop but human enemies are not bullet sponges with health bars.
There are drones in the game that are however. The ones that were of similar level to my gear level seemed to go down pretty fast (a clip or two of an ASR) but ones that were 20+ just didn't budge and would kill you in a second if they got a clear shot. There wasn't many of them in the beta and also seem to be pretty randomly placed and you can just sneak around them?

It really makes the gear level seem completely irrelevant but it may have a bigger impact on the main story line and the future raid. As far as just goofing off and clearing out camps and collecting weapon blueprints/attachments there wasn't any difference between a level 1 and a level 30 item level character in the beta. From what I saw, the loot level system is being greatly exaggerated from people who didn't play.

Also the transmog mechanic in Breakpoint has been improved so much over Wildlands if that's your thing.

The fatties can be dropped with one sniper round if you drill it right through their face, like nose/mouth area. Or you can load K rounds use armor buster and just clonk a hardened tungsten spike through their dome like a real cool goatst.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'd be way less comfortable with the gear score stuff if it was on mods too but for now it isn't. I don't want or need a dang sabremetrics spreadsheet in order to determine ~~oPtImaL bUiLdS~~ just throw me a number and a few basic stats that indicate what it does better - drone damage, xp, range, etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a drone was carrying pants

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

guns don't matter if all your kills are CQC :ocelot:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol it said it was preloaded but 10 mins ago it started allocating and then downloading again so I guess I'll be playing in 10-15 mins.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ghost Recon more like Can't Logon

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

stay SILENT-30086, server ghost

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Molten Llama posted:

Open beta best beta.

...particularly as yesterday it had a fun bug where ammo and explosives crates respawn immediately after being picked up, making me an unstoppable murder justice vengeance machine with ~400 rounds of sniper ammo on deck. Sure, it's practically cheating, but it's fun to clear an entire base without stepping foot on it.

The trend of "automatic cover" across the Clancy franchises and games in general just sucks. Why's this cover work and that cover doesn't? You'll never know, but enjoy taking fire!

Conversely, I disagree with you on CQC, as it cannot be used to hunt pigs. Very unsatisfying. Go refine your Snake Eater clone, Ubisoft! :argh:

I was hoping they would just give in and put in the Division style cover and c2c movement system. It's simple, it isn't intrusive on the player, you can just hold the vault button down to parkour your rear end across things. It's the only Clancy game not to try guessing (badly) at how the player wants to move and cover, and total shocker it's not hot garbage. D2 itself yeah it needs work but the cover movement setup is solid.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

knockout posted:

Will Breakpoint have a DJ Perico equivalent? If not, consider me sorely disappointed.

it's gonna be a guy yammering about interior design and playing ben folds songs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

did they simply put in the gearscore poo poo to pacify pvpers who can't cope with not having a way to grind out a pvp advantage through hours of pve

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Captn Kurp posted:

Game is fun, these bases are large enough and populated enough that considering an approach and executing it is loads of fun. My biggest issue with other games that have the "outposts" system where you can tackle something in an open world is they're usually not populated enough for an approach to matter much IMO.

Yeah Thronde and I took down a base full of Wolves that were all sporting those red skull icons saying they were too strong, but it turns out that a bit of planning and teamwork are big force multipliers and the K rounds you get as a sniper will absolutely gently caress up a drone tank.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Turtlicious posted:

When do you get the AI partners like you had in wildlands ?

presumably when they decide to saddle up and stop hiding in the goddamn cave

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GreatGreen posted:

I can’t wait to play Watch Dogz 2 so I can pay for a 2 HOUR DOGZPASS TOKEN that will let me play as the Old Lady NPC for 2 WHOLE KICKASS HOURS, oh man t’s gonna be SO WACKY HAHAHA LOL.

I hope I’ll be able to get some good shots in before my time runs out and I have to move back to the dumb old regular NPCs though.

Also in other news, as a surprise to no one, reviews are already in and it seems Breakpoint is a certified Bad Game comprised of a hodgepodge of dissonant mechanical systems, made by committee, to serve as a hollow microtransaction platform. Sucks.

Nah it's fine, your opinion is just that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

starring Jon Bernthal as The Guy Jon Bernthal Always Plays

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thump! posted:

Yeah it seriously sucks how he’s kind of typecasted as “Military dude gone rogue”

I feel like he’s got acting chops beyond that stereotype

I think he's gonna end up expanding his repertoire to The Guy Owen Wilson Used To Always Play

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I thought I'd spook a guy out of cover by shooting my sniper rifle at the tree he was behind

Turns out the HTI (I think it's called HTI at least) sniper rifle can shoot through trees. It can also shoot through the corrugated trailer walls and I'm assuming most non-concrete interior walls as well.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 2, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

My Spirit Otter posted:

The higher the penetration the tougher material it can go through. You start upgrading that bad boy and with the right perk, you can go through concrete.

gonna start upgrading and trying to shoot through jersey barriers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cyks posted:

It makes more sense narratively but I'd be willing to forgive it. Plus those bases are still being staffed by employee civilians who I assume aren't forced to sleep on the office ground?

Again this is coming from me being still very early in the campaign but wildlands having friendly, neutral and enemies driving around where the friendlies would jump out and help you or you could use an enemy vehicle to reduce your chances of being discovered were nice features that they could have found a way to carry over into breakpoint.

that's what the faction stuff is about, I think.

near the end of the beta I started cracking into a base and some random bystander went full rambo to help.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The whole slide/fall mechanic is so weird, I think a lot of people complained in the betas so you only roll a few metres then automatically stop, regardless of how steep the slope is, but at the same time, it feels like you start sliding on really shallow slopes. It should only happen on really steep ground, but once you start tumbling, you should just keep going like in the closed beta. I want my Lone Survivor sim back :colbert:

It's real janky, I crouched and walked down a drat-near-vertical rock face (it's near that big port area on the northern shore to the west of the docks where you meet the old man and his daughter) but if you approach even a shallow slope while running you start losing it.

Basically you're a loving mountain goat while crouch-walking and you're a ragdoll physics gag when running.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wait why would you want to do that

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thump! posted:

Yeah not having the option to holster weapons outside of it being forced in Erewhon is really strange to me. Why would they take out such a simple and immersive feature? I don’t always need to be jabbing my pistol into the face of these hapless civilians

they all use bitcoin so it's not really all that bad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pilchenstein posted:

I've been surprised by how divisive this has turned out to be - it's basically exactly what I'd expect from a Ubisoft game at this point but a lot of people are incandescent with rage and I don't really get why. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it's a lot better than Wildlands which is all I really wanted :v:

:ssh: the people poo poo-talking it are doing so due to the lack of anime tiddies

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Stealth seems like a fool's game, at least when infiltrating a larger installation.

Killed a guy, oops one exclamation mark, bad guy must've seen it. Oh, another exclamation mark.

*30 more exclamation marks pop up*

yeah they have radios

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:v: I kid, I kid.

Ubi has a history of making games that are mediocre at release but made good by a marathon of support and patches. This is one of those games. It's fun but it's also a bit of a shambles.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose Oquendo posted:

Any tips on taking out those groups of drones that fly around reallllllly fast. As soon as I shoot one, they all start moving so erratically I can't get any good shots off.

shotgun

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s kind of annoying the armor piercing sharpshooter rounds don’t penetrate helmets on the mini gun guys, that seems like something they should be able to do.

Hit 'em in the face slot, I've dropped them with a DMR that way.

It's not easy, you pretty much have to get a straight-on shot from maybe 100-125m and hope you aren't getting hosed by bullet drop. But it's doable and cool.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This game is better than Wildlands in every way. I understand not liking it, I don't understand liking Wildlands more. That seems to be a common sentiment on r*ddit.

wildlands has years of work going for it whereas breakpoint makes your sync shot a consumable gadget.

I get they're working on giving you a team and hopefully you get the good sync shot back but people have good reason for liking wildlands in its current state more than breakpoint in its current state and there's nothing wrong with passing judgement on the game you have rather than the game you expect it to become

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Finally! A good improvement, but it's insane that it wasn't in the game to begin with.

:capitalism: except "that's Ubisoft!"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gobbeldygook posted:

I really can't recommend it at all. I completed Assassin's Creed: Odyssey right before playing Breakpoint, so all of the ways that Breakpoint ineptly mimics Assassin's Creed are glaring. Like, the inventory management system is just atrocious.

shame there's no feed-your-drone idle animation

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jabro posted:

I was completely aware of the irony of it as I was writing it. :)

I guess I’m getting tired of the Ubi way of third person shooters. I love the environments they build but their overuse of just shoot more bullets at one thing is tiresome.

between bullet sponges and iterations of "don't stand there, now don't stand there" I've long since resigned to the fact that there's no good way of scaling shooter difficulty past a certain point without doing overly complicated poo poo with ammo types

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Breakpoint is also good about avoiding arbitrary bullet sponges.

If it’s not a robot, and you shoot it in the head, it dies.

You can kill the final boss of the game with one headshot, in the intro. (Unless they patched it out). Yeah, it doesn’t do anything for the story, but you do get the achievement and he drops his unique loot.

lol I prefer to think you just gently caress up his nose a little more which is why he's doing the coke snort thing when he starts shooting at the glass when you steal the skell guy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

blackguy32 posted:

So are they actually going to finish the story for this or nah?

technically they never have to finish the story

you just get disavowed by the secretary and that's that, burn tape roll credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

arm the predator drones so when they spot you they launch a hellfire missile