Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus
what about that huh???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

as they say, "oh what a world it would b"

nut

bee eater posted:

as they say, "oh what a world it would b"

standing outside with my mouth open wide

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ceilingfan posted:

what about that huh???

they don't?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Birds can and do burp, but due to the way their digestive system works it is not common or indeed necessary and is often a symptom of illness. Scientists conjecture that it should not be impossible for birds to fart, but it has never been observed.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Also, my wife and I have a pair of budgies and while we have been unsuccessful in getting them to repeat words or phrases, they are prolific at imitating our farts. All it takes is for one of us to fart and the birds start making fart noises at each other in a kind of farting rap battle.

(Farting Rap Battle is my stripper name)

poverty goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFH1jUNGEQc

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Birds can and do burp, but due to the way their digestive system works it is not common or indeed necessary and is often a symptom of illness. Scientists conjecture that it should not be impossible for birds to fart, but it has never been observed.

I have been told to my dismay by a coworker that due to the presence of gizzards and crops(special bird guts)they can neither burp or fart

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
yeah but what if they could though

jeffery
but how deep ((tonality)) would their burps and fart be?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Ceilingfan posted:

I have been told to my dismay by a coworker that due to the presence of gizzards and crops(special bird guts)they can neither burp or fart

your co-worker is wrong, birds can and do burp. due to the fact that a bird's gastro-intestinal system is quite short compared to other animals, however, birds are far less likely to for a buildup of gasses. birds are very capable of expelling the small amounts of gas that do occur. bird digestive systems are believed to be short to the evolutionary pressure of reducing weight for flight. shorter digestive systems weigh less and also store food and waste mass in smaller amounts.

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

your co-worker is wrong, birds can and do burp. due to the fact that a bird's gastro-intestinal system is quite short compared to other animals, however, birds are far less likely to for a buildup of gasses. birds are very capable of expelling the small amounts of gas that do occur. bird digestive systems are believed to be short to the evolutionary pressure of reducing weight for flight. shorter digestive systems weigh less and also store food and waste mass in smaller amounts.

Manifisto

I never knew I needed this in my life until now

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

it is a scientific fact that hummingbirds hover so well not because they flap their little wings really fast or in figure 8s or whatever, but because they literally fart to stay airborne

they fart with precision

obviously farts can handle only the vertical aspect; they need the burps to move horizontally

ty nesamdoom!

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

Manifisto posted:

it is a scientific fact that hummingbirds hover so well not because they flap their little wings really fast or in figure 8s or whatever, but because they literally fart to stay airborne

they fart with precision

obviously farts can handle only the vertical aspect; they need the burps to move horizontally

nature isa miracle

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

farting rap battle

nut

somebody tell this bird 2 stop thinking happy thoughts

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

they fart with precision

ducks just jet boating it up across the pond

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

Then they'd burp and fart all over my car!

Hemingway To Go!

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

do this with a blad eagle over an american flag

FreshCutFries

FreshCutFries

question has been adequately answered per above. please close thread.

Escape From Noise

But do bees fart and burp?

FutonForensic

[heavy Russian accent] burping and farting! farting and burping! my feather babies, they are true земляки

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
birds don't have buttcheeks so i bet their farts would be near silent.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

What if birds could burp and fart?
Like a slob would burp and fart
Just a stranger on the branch
Tryin' to fart his way home?

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

they fart with precision

Thrust vectoring

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

But do bees fart and burp?

bees poop, and kinda fart, but don't burp as much as vomit stomach contents into a cell and then wave their wings to dry it out, and eventually they make a sex.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

bees poop, and kinda fart, but don't burp as much as vomit stomach contents into a cell and then wave their wings to dry it out, and eventually they make a sex.

Much like me.

Except for the last part.

Heather Papps

hello friend

man imagine if you were kissing a bird and it like, hahaa, burped, hahaha imagine it.
IMAGINE.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

man imagine if you were kissing a bird and it like, hahaa, burped, hahaha imagine it.
IMAGINE.

Birds have no lips. Also I am super scared of birds (really) so I would never kiss them.

Heather Papps

hello friend

yeah but just haha imagine haha anyways yes isn't it great that humans are the farting and burping kings!

lost my old email

Heather Papps posted:

yeah but just haha imagine haha anyways yes isn't it great that humans are the farting and burping kings!

my dude there is a thing such as a hippo. it is like a rhino that went wrong

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Heather Papps

hello friend

new byobian nights tale: the rhino and the hippo

it is like the ugly duckling only the hippo stays fuckin gross forever and only gets worse and the family of rhinos is just like "well this is our terrible son"

google THIS

A small cretaceous dinosaur is preening its feathers, when suddenly it burps so hard it flies several meters off the ground. Also Sprach Zarathustra starts playing.

Escape From Noise

lost my old email posted:

my dude there is a thing such as a hippo. it is like a rhino that went wrong

Hippos are actually large aggressive frogs with big teeth.

nut

archaeologists at the big conference: ...and these findings lead us to believe that dinosaurs exhibited mottled skin as a means of blending in with the surrounding fauna or breaking up their silhouettes while grazing in the open leas

smartest archaeologist there: Yes yes, but what if, it was just fart stain?

archaeologist number one: my god

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

What if birds couldn't stop burping and farting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Birds have no lips. Also I am super scared of birds (really) so I would never kiss them.

I have no lips and I must birb

ty nesamdoom!