Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus
what about that huh???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Birds can and do burp, but due to the way their digestive system works it is not common or indeed necessary and is often a symptom of illness. Scientists conjecture that it should not be impossible for birds to fart, but it has never been observed.

I have been told to my dismay by a coworker that due to the presence of gizzards and crops(special bird guts)they can neither burp or fart

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

your co-worker is wrong, birds can and do burp. due to the fact that a bird's gastro-intestinal system is quite short compared to other animals, however, birds are far less likely to for a buildup of gasses. birds are very capable of expelling the small amounts of gas that do occur. bird digestive systems are believed to be short to the evolutionary pressure of reducing weight for flight. shorter digestive systems weigh less and also store food and waste mass in smaller amounts.

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

Manifisto posted:

it is a scientific fact that hummingbirds hover so well not because they flap their little wings really fast or in figure 8s or whatever, but because they literally fart to stay airborne

they fart with precision

obviously farts can handle only the vertical aspect; they need the burps to move horizontally

nature isa miracle

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

Hemingway To Go! posted:

do this with a blad eagle over an american flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceilingfan

Dapperpus

cda posted:

More pics of birds doing these things please

I’ve stopped drawing birds in the last couple months now I’m doing cowboy cats. I’ll do another burd for you soon :)