Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
https://twitter.com/MrArkannoyed/status/1294119625597149185

Still can't get this. Has anyone pulled it off? A video would be a lifesaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Arkannoyed posted:

https://twitter.com/MrArkannoyed/status/1294119625597149185

Still can't get this. Has anyone pulled it off? A video would be a lifesaver.

It looks like you're trying to hit it the way you would the Big Five split, which is harder than necessary. I think when I did 7-9 I came at it from the right hand side, not quite all the way over, and used a little right to left arc (aim a little right from center and put some left spin on it). You have more room over on the right side to work with.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

It looks like you're trying to hit it the way you would the Big Five split, which is harder than necessary. I think when I did 7-9 I came at it from the right hand side, not quite all the way over, and used a little right to left arc (aim a little right from center and put some left spin on it). You have more room over on the right side to work with.

I've tried it that way, too, but I can give another another shot (or a thousand). Does it make any difference which ball I use?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Arkannoyed posted:

I've tried it that way, too, but I can give another another shot (or a thousand). Does it make any difference which ball I use?

I think I beat every one of them with the heaviest ball, I can't really tell you if there's any difference.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Chapter 2 sure was something huh. I didn't have much trouble with the fetch quest stuff (that doesn't excuse it), but I'm surprised by how quickly the narrative moved.

I'm not crazy about how much of this is just York doing side quests for Houngan until Houngan tells him where to go for the next main plot sequence. Maybe there'll be a moment later on where I'm like "ooooooh I get it", but I wish there was a little more to York's investigation, or more, I guess, agency from York on where he goes during the investigation? Maybe chapter 3 will shake things up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"HUAH HUAH HUAH! Next, you must visit the spinning cyclone at the heart of Le Carre and obtain the cloth talisman to open the path to darkness!"

"Of course, Zach... the laundromat! Houngan wants us to pick up his dry cleaning!"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
York perfectly emulates Dale Cooper in that he is charming and eccentric and secretly terrible at his job unless handed the answer by supernatural assistance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man Cooper really was a super crappy fbi agent but it was disguised so well that I never even noticed

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Chapter 3 spoilers

York in the puzzle room: Oh, since Houngan sent us to fill a water tower, then to a street with old oak trees where we met a dog and then chased it around town until it led us to a creepy red tree that leaks sap, the password on this control panel in a drawbridge shed has to be the the chemical code for methanol!

York in the lab: wow patty this journal is interesting did you know that lena had a secret daughter with her older sister, but then her older sister went off and married someone else, so she must still be living in this town, do you know anyone who might fit that description patty?

This seems to not be a particularly long game, so it's honestly kind of wild how many of the Stamps are poo poo like "use 100 sleeping bags" or "kill a thousand wasps" - even just getting to 40 stamps for an extra suit took a lot of grinding.

No Mods No Masters posted:

The game is unfortunately a pale shadow of the original in general, but yeah with the framerate kinda sorta fixed the weakness of the side content immediately comes to the fore as the biggest problem. It really just needed more time in the oven :sigh:

The more I play the more I'm thinking "I wish they had just released The Good Life and then spent more time working on Deadly Premonition 2.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Echoing what was said above but i think where this game succeeds the most is actually

In the ways that it mirrors Twin Peaks S3, which was all about how through time/hindsight it's clear that Cooper is a very misguided individual who is actually wrong about alot of things in the previous 2 seasons. York is shown in a similar way, his incorrect predictions wrt film trends being the most minor example and his inability to link key aspects of the investigation being the most extreme. Of course the end of DP2 is less damning than Twin Peaks, but I think it still works alright

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

all the budget for the dungeon design went to modeling danny's rear end

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Really, really want to experience my next adventure with York, but is this game still running like absolute rear end? I saw the DigitalFoundry video where the game runs in single-digit FPS and as much as I love the first game I refuse to tolerate something that bad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The framerate has been significantly improved. Don't have numbers but it's at the very least a below average framerate rather then an absurdly low one.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

foonykins posted:

Really, really want to experience my next adventure with York, but is this game still running like absolute rear end? I saw the DigitalFoundry video where the game runs in single-digit FPS and as much as I love the first game I refuse to tolerate something that bad.
still hitches quite frequently but it's a lot better than what it used to be, to the point where they're closer to "haha this game is busted" than "jesus loving christ"

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah it’s not what I’d call great, but it’s noticeably better. I’m sure there’s a good before and after comparison out there if you need to see if you can tolerate it. If you loved the first game, I’d recommend pushing through just for the experience of more.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

Does anyone have any idea how to get Stamp 78? It's for beating the second boss with some sort of special condition, but I have no idea what. I got #76 for beating the first boss "using only hand-to-hand combat" so I figured that would be the condition for the second boss too, but nope. I've done it multiple times, the last time making sure to go in with no bullets at all. I've also tried using only focus shots, using no focus shots, unequipping all voodoo charms, and taking no damage. I have no idea. Someone on Reddit mentioned Stamp 82 is for doing the QTE in the final battle ten times, but I haven't verified that. (EDIT: I have now verified that.)

Arkannoyed fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 26, 2020

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008
Sorry this isn't the answer you're looking for. But reading this post just after finishing the story this evening made me thank God I do not feel any compulsion to collect the stamps!!

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

i love this videogame

https://i.imgur.com/Lq49Mg1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/rIV0zRT.mp4

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Why did they put any of the upgrade, skating or minigame mechanics in this :psyduck: Especially when there seems to be a huge chunk of story missing between Wednesday and Monday. I don’t think I have a clue what you-know-who’s plan actually was, or what happened with York, Zach and Patricia at the end - in fact the whole plot is just baffling - but uhh at least I now know that York’s sarcastic fb messenger sticker use is on point

You never even use the thing you get from THE LORD HUNGERS, right?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

You never even use the thing you get from THE LORD HUNGERS, right?

No. It shows up in the 2019 segment and Zach is like "it's just a drum" ... I guess the reason Houngan sends you to the Church is so you can run into what's her face.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The drum's true purpose is to make it so that everyone in the cast is forced to say THE LOOOOOORDD HUNGERS complete with echo at least once.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just want to reiterate how much I enjoyed this, I think they pulled off a sequel to DP very well. Yknow, tech issues aside.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

THE LORD HUNGERS for a re-release on PC/other consoles

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Shame Boy posted:

THE LORD HUNGERS for a re-release on PC/other consoles

A year and 9 months later, the game was released on PC :lol:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

A year and 9 months later, the game was released on PC :lol:

I bought it.

It has no graphics settings and no keyboard and mouse support.

It also hasn’t crashed on me and is running smoothly. So, somehow, better than the switch version and any existing port of 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
Does it still have the bug where pausing/opening the map pauses the game but physics objects like cars keep moving? It took a while before I figured out what was happening when I'd pause in the street and come back to York hit by a car.