Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

After The War posted:

Vic came up in an episode of his other main show, It Could Happen Here, so he's at least aware.

Robert is a goon, after all.

What? Robert Evans posts on SA? When is he going to do a Behind the Bastards episode on Lowtax then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

DarkSol posted:

What? Robert Evans posts on SA? When is he going to do a Behind the Bastards episode on Lowtax then?

When someone writes a book about him and does all his work lol.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DarkSol posted:

I think he's said that Lowtax himself was too small potatoes to warrant an episode on his own, but he does talk about Something Awful itself a bit in the first part of the Manosphere episode in regard to it being a stepping stone to more heinous internet poo poo like 4chan and Gamergate.

Also lol yeah isn't C-SPAM convinced in its wonderful detached from reality way that Robert Evans is some kind of CIA psyop plant or something and was trying to have him doxxed and then perma'd? Good poo poo.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 7, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

nine-gear crow posted:

I think he's said that Lowtax himself was too small potatoes to warrant an episode on his own, but he does talk about Something Awful itself a bit in the first part of the Manosphere episode in regard to it being a stepping stone to more heinous internet poo poo like 4chan and Gamergate.

Also lol yeah isn't C-SPAM convinced in its wonderful detached from reality way that Robert Evans is some kind of CIA psyop plant or something and was trying to have him doxxed and then perma'd? Good poo poo.
TBF, they do that to how many posters? Hell, pretty sure they think I'm a CSIS plant, which is why I got doxxed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd read a Lowtax book

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Vic is just on the cutting edge of obscurity that he either would be worthy of a two-parter Behind the Bastards episode, or would make Robert Evans go "who the gently caress is this loser? Get outta here, we only cover noteworthy villains."

Vic (though more his lawyers) was already covered by a much more exclusive podcast, now defunct, ALAB.

https://www.alabseries.com/episodes/episode-4-weeb-wars-pt-1

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

nine-gear crow posted:

Vic is just on the cutting edge of obscurity that he either would be worthy of a two-parter Behind the Bastards episode, or would make Robert Evans go "who the gently caress is this loser? Get outta here, we only cover noteworthy villains."
i am, once again, begging you all to listen to ALAB’s “weeb wars”

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

nine-gear crow posted:

think you have him mixed up with brown moses

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megamissen posted:

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I also saw a lot of "Let's perma Robert just too be sure too" stuff flying around about the same time too.

Anyway, holy poo poo is Vic ever a legally proven rapey shithead, huh?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 7, 2023

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Megamissen posted:

No, that's Evans. He basically got chased out of the thread about his own show by people screaming that he was a CIA asset.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

After The War posted:

No, that's Evans. He basically got chased out of the thread about his own show by people screaming that he was a CIA asset.

I don't go into some of the other forums and only hear about them and they always just sound like the wildest thing. To actually go and look would rob them of their magic.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dawgstar posted:

I don't go into some of the other forums and only hear about them and they always just sound like the wildest thing. To actually go and look would rob them of their magic.

When I bought my friend a forum account my first piece of advice was "Avoid C-SPAM".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

After The War posted:

That plus someone turned up some edgelord posts he made a decade ago under a different account here. They were dumb but not worse than the background radiation of the era.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Spazzle posted:

When someone writes a book about him and does all his work lol.

Go on then, what should Evans use as source material instead? You seem real mad that a comedy podcast guy isn't doing primary research

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

BobHoward posted:

Go on then, what should Evans use as source material instead? You seem real mad that a comedy podcast guy isn't doing primary research

I don't really care how he fills his podcasts. I'm just responding to people who act like BTB is some bastion of original investigative journalism. It's an entertainment product that needs to generate 4+ hours a week of content. So when people ask "why won't they cover X?", its reasonable to say that isn't what the show is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Spazzle posted:

I don't really care how he fills his podcasts. I'm just responding to people who act like BTB is some bastion of original investigative journalism.

I don’t think anyone thinks that it’s investigative journalism, just that the banter when their subject of choice comes up will be fun.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don’t think anyone thinks that it’s investigative journalism, just that the banter when their subject of choice comes up will be fun.

Thats fine, but since the podcast is functionally "Rich Evans does a funny book report", its not gonna happen if there isn't a book first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Spazzle posted:

Thats fine, but since the podcast is functionally "Rich Evans does a funny book report", its not gonna happen if there isn't a book first.

As your last ten or so posts in this thread have repeated

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Alright, alright, you've convinced me.

Namtab posted:

Lock this thread until the court case actually updates

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Namtab posted:

Or if rich evans guest hosts btb, but either way I support locking for the moment as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Namtab posted:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Xelkelvos posted:

Never lock this thread. :colbert:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Gas

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Lock the thread until Vic molests another teenager.

poo poo, that fast, huh? Wow.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spazzle posted:

Who is Rich Evans?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Surprising nobody, Vic got obliterated

https://x.com/KathrynTewson/status/1753503740555051143?s=20

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol congrats to vic’s fan club for buying Ron Toye a house

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1753503744216768536

Note that there's still two other parties that Vic also lost to, Jamie and Funimation so those are also gonna be amounts he owes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So Vic is legally a POS and he's gonna probably wind up owing, what, half a million?

What time is it now, Ty? Overtime? Sudden death? Beat the traffic home?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

TenementFunster posted:

lol congrats to vic’s fan club for buying Ron Toye's lawyers a house

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dawgstar posted:

So Vic is legally a POS and he's gonna probably wind up owing, what, half a million?

Almost the end of half time

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I’m surprised he hasn’t said anything about getting pardoned by Trump.

(Yes, I know that’s nonsense and not how anything works. That’s why I think he’d say it.)

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
He may be better of running off to the same billionaire freaks who helped along Johnny Depp and Marilyn Manson's media onslaughts against the women they abused. But they'll probably also tell him to go gently caress himself because he has the stink of loser on him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Remember to celebrate the good times.

https://twitter.com/k1rpix/status/1750072551634559067

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dawgstar posted:

Because Vic appealed, you can legally call him a pedophile, no "alleged" required. And he also owes half a million, with interest.

He did all of this to himself and it's delicious. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 3, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wild that he couldn't even get the culture war tourists to stick around.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Wild that he couldn't even get the culture war tourists to stick around.

There's still a few hanging around if you follow LawTwitter peeps, but he's such a relative small fry only weird desperate nerds give a poo poo to defend him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

There's still a few hanging around if you follow LawTwitter peeps, but he's such a relative small fry only weird desperate nerds give a poo poo to defend him.

Yeah, even yesterday or so somebody flung themselves at MarzGurl about how it was all a smear campaign, etc., and it stands out now just how little any of them knew about the trial because they all thought it was criminal trial with Vic on the defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
it's because he's legally a proven loser and nobody likes a loser, there's plenty of more charismatic sexpests out there who haven't made the awkward mistake of taking things to court