Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I remember reading Vic Stories from con staff here on SA in an Ask/Tell thread about anime conventions years ago, and that definitely wasn’t the last time I heard about his behavior. I thought it was fairly common knowledge so when this whole debacle started I was a bit baffled that suddenly the popular narrative was that Rial et al was making that poo poo up to frame him for (insert reason here). But thinking about it, it’s no wonder that it caught on in the current social climate, just as it’s no wonder that the accusations blew up on Twitter.

IIRC, someone on Twitter told their experience of having Vic in cons and as part of the staff, they had to move Mari Iijima to a different room because Vic was stalking her in the con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Exercu posted:

Vic's been De-Brolyed. Johnny Yong Bosch for new Broly voice.

Hah, this is great news. I hope the vicstans are losing their poo poo over this.

Regalingualius posted:

He admitted to getting one of his straight friends blackout drunk and then having sex with him. For obvious reasons, he ate a permaban for that.

I remember tracking down which thread this happened through their rap sheet. Once people started pointing out that he raped their friend, Azure_Horizon edited out their post and tried to pretend nothing's wrong. So yeah, it's good they got permabanned.

Hell, they weren't even a good LPer or anything. They LPed Suikoden II while hating every good aspect of it (Nanami and Jowy) and argued with posters when they said he was wrong. It was the most insufferable LP of Suikoden II ever.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

That thread was wild. It started when a different goon made that QCS thread to ask why Death Ray got banned from all of BSS, when he was only booted out of the Comicsgate thread. Trans goons dropped by to point out that Death Ray barged into the trans thread just the other day and was being a transphobic and ableist shithead. And then Death Ray started posting in the thread with his shtick of using smug :decorum: as a thin veil for his bigotry.

3 pages in and Death Ray drops a hard-R N-bomb. Because he apparently believes everyone is secretly dying to use slurs, you just need the courage to do so. :psyduck:

After that, he doubled-down on everything, including being a creeper to trans goons, until a mod finally got around and banned him. It was one hell of a thread to read, that's for sure.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Tashilicious posted:

My favourite part is still how the OP of that thread slowly grew more and more horrified at what the person he was defending was doing.

The cherry on top of that was Death Ray admitting he had already decided to no longer post in the Comic Strip thread, and the OP going "But that was the reason I made this thread in the first place! What did I even defend you for?! :psyboom:"

divabot posted:

doing so, what a goddamn car crash

I thought Death Ray was better because in 2017 he actively hated the alt-right and white supremacism, tangling with the malesteemed Vox Day over the latter's scammy comics crowdfunder

From his posts in the old CG Discussion thread in BSS, Death Ray was trying to angle himself as The Most Important Person fighting against Comicsgate, despite folks who actually fight CG like Renfamous never even mentioning him. Another part of why he got banned from the thread was how he kept trying to bait posters into interacting with him by constantly hinting that he knows the surefire secret to defeating the alt-right forever, but he won't tell until others beg him for it.