Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Shame they brought Vic back for those Full Metal Alchemist movies. They are bad films, but it's an interesting to see them try to re-create the series so dependant on sfx and a seemingly limited budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oh fantastic. Can watch it guilt free then. ...tho the series is encouraging giving Brotherhood a shake which will have the same issue. Separation of art and artist I suppose.

Kurieg posted:

Didn't the first live action FMA suck out loud though? I'm amazed they made a second one.

Yeah, but in a way that's totally watchable. Sub-par action, mild-to-ok CGI, great costumes, and overly dramatic acting/script. The sequel introduces the cavalcade of other military characters, and they're surprisingly well cast. They nail Armstrong, for example. So if you liked the show, it warrants a look imo. Just go in with low expectations and enjoy it for the bollywood-esque curiosity it is.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yikes. Start to feel sorry for him until you remember all he had to do was not be a creep.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Could see his explanation as being true, but it's so besides the fact that it's hilarious he feels like it vindicates him alone.

Good measure of a person how they react to something like this. "I made a stupid decision to go pantless in a zoom and I am so so sorry in a moment of absent-mindedness I flashed everyone my crotch. I will be better." vs. "THESE PEOPLE HAVE THE AUDACITY TO try to make me accountable for mistakes i made WHEN I WAS RUNNING LATE."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

My point was more it doesn't even matter if you did. Bewildering that people are still eager to meet this baby.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"um. thank you for that, Sephiroth's Child."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's a shame about Star Trek Continues, cause if memory serves it was a very well done tribute show. Evocative of the original, including a few of the original actors to boot. Vic even kind of worked as a slightly more swarmy Kirk. Would be hard to rewatch given *hand gestures to this thread*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Vic is just on the cutting edge of obscurity that he either would be worthy of a two-parter Behind the Bastards episode, or would make Robert Evans go "who the gently caress is this loser? Get outta here, we only cover noteworthy villains."

Vic (though more his lawyers) was already covered by a much more exclusive podcast, now defunct, ALAB.

https://www.alabseries.com/episodes/episode-4-weeb-wars-pt-1