Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Vic is just on the cutting edge of obscurity that he either would be worthy of a two-parter Behind the Bastards episode, or would make Robert Evans go "who the gently caress is this loser? Get outta here, we only cover noteworthy villains."

Robert Evans only covers people who have books written about them that he can do a cute little book report on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

DarkSol posted:

What? Robert Evans posts on SA? When is he going to do a Behind the Bastards episode on Lowtax then?

When someone writes a book about him and does all his work lol.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

BobHoward posted:

Go on then, what should Evans use as source material instead? You seem real mad that a comedy podcast guy isn't doing primary research

I don't really care how he fills his podcasts. I'm just responding to people who act like BTB is some bastion of original investigative journalism. It's an entertainment product that needs to generate 4+ hours a week of content. So when people ask "why won't they cover X?", its reasonable to say that isn't what the show is.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don’t think anyone thinks that it’s investigative journalism, just that the banter when their subject of choice comes up will be fun.

Thats fine, but since the podcast is functionally "Rich Evans does a funny book report", its not gonna happen if there isn't a book first.