Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Shinji2015 posted:

:stonklol:

I dozed off and slept through the game. What the hell happened?

Holding, Illegal Use of Hands, OPI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's fitting that the opening game to the 100th season had a score that looked like it predated the forward pass.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Did anyone post this yet

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1169820945344679938?s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Nagy is trestman, one trick pony

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

For the first and 40 specifically I think it went holding penalty, OPI, holding penalty?

They were all penalties at least I remember.

e: which after thinking for a half second I suppose they'd have to be for it to still be first down

The OPI didn't seem legit to me, though, and was actually a nice pass.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Bears trade for Blake Bortles

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
In all seriousness Mitch looked this bad last year the first four or so games but then had excellent games against division rivals and the pats so who the gently caress knows what's going on

I do think it's obvious all the touted offensive niche guys who got highly drafted or were prize FAs are total busts - Shaheen and Miller were both second rounders and are invisible, Burton has the yips and is hurt, Cohen/Montgomery are seemingly just gadget guys like that bum the Rams used to have.

13 months ago this team was all in on an offensive rebuild scoring points and as soon as they got Mack instantly reverted back to what they've always been , because the ownership has no idea how to select a GM or coach

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cohen is legit good but was used poorly yesterday

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Metapod posted:

Cohen is legit good but was used poorly yesterday

The entire RB corps was misused yesterday. Like why the gently caress is Patterson being used on 3 and 1 to run it up the gut? Montgomery had some good touches, and tied Robinson for the longest catch of the game, but was absent most of the game. A 4:1 pass to run ratio is not what this team needs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
If only the bears had a power running back on a rookie contract. Oh well

Seriously where the hell has Anthony Miller gone

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

ELO Musk posted:

The OPI didn't seem legit to me, though, and was actually a nice pass.

I was shocked that the Bears didn't challenge it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That was the second time ever the bears have held the packers to 10 (another 10-3 loss back in 2011 I don't remember at all)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Full quote, still funny

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/...%26autosize%3D1

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The most vicious smack talk is telling the truth.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I still don't understand why you have a QB as green as Mitch Trubisky and you give him three snaps in the preseason.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I still don't understand why you have a QB as green as Mitch Trubisky and you give him three snaps in the preseason.

He's not green anymore. He's just bad.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

JK Scott for MVP

Most Very long Punter

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
A lot of ragging on the GB offense, but the Bears offense is great and the Packers were rusty and playing a new system. This game should scare the Bears more than the Packers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They looked like crap.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Even in the drive the Packers scored, Rodgers didn't really do anything amazing. That long throw was just horrific coverage by Amukamara and the ball was a floater.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I think we all may be overreacting to one game, the opening game no less. Offense always gets off to a slower start than defense in the season.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Well I think it's safe to say we all learned one thing from that game: Cordarrelle Patterson is still on an NFL roster.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1169983310791139329

I didn't even see this play last night Jesus Christ it's way worse than the actual int

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Well I think it's safe to say we all learned one thing from that game: Cordarrelle Patterson is still on an NFL roster.

Seriously, I was upset every time they tried to get the ball to him. Is Anthony Miller really that bad? Where was he?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was surprised Mike Davis got so much work. And lol at Cordarrelle still getting opportunities.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Democrazy posted:

I think we all may be overreacting to one game, the opening game no less. Offense always gets off to a slower start than defense in the season.

Didn't they say something like Trubisky only threw 3 passes in the preseason? That seems like a bad idea for a young guy who hasn't exactly done much.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Didn't they say something like Trubisky only threw 3 passes in the preseason? That seems like a bad idea for a young guy who hasn't exactly done much.

Three snaps, all handoffs.

Packers generated 19 pressures last night. Hell yeah.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

three plays and they were all handoffs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

If nothing else that one drive (actually their second best drive of the night) that started off with a delay of game and had another delay of game later in the possession seems like a reason he should have played some more. That can sometimes be on the coach getting plays in late but the helmet mic cuts off at 15 seconds and he seemingly had no awareness that the play clock was about to run out, they had all 3 time outs.

The second delay turned a 3rd and 5 into a 3rd and 10 on the edge of field goal range--well, obviously inside field goal range for any team but the Bears but that's a different matter--and I think just about every team in the league would take a time out there if they had the choice.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

None of this is bad given the team he's assembled, except for choosing Trubisky. That looks like his worst decision of all by a huge margin

MoaM posted:

I predicted Trubs would throw two scores, lmfao.

If the Packers defensive backs could actually catch, he would've.

mcmagic posted:

Even in the drive the Packers scored, Rodgers didn't really do anything amazing. That long throw was just horrific coverage by Amukamara and the ball was a floater.

He placed that ball well, and it wasn't awful coverage by Amukamura it's just really loving hard to cover MVS who has 4.3 speed when he bends a go route inside and there's no help over the top. Any DB is going to struggle in that situation. The pass itself was meant to be a floater because he was throwing behind coverage. Maybe he could've hit him deeper and given him a chance for further yards but he was just leading him to the right for the completion.

So that was a nice pass, but what else did Rodgers do? By my unscientific count he missed about SIX short passes. No joke, go back and watch it if you don't believe me

mastershakeman posted:

Seriously where the hell has Anthony Miller gone

I assume he was injured. He wasn't actually playing out there was he?

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1169983310791139329

I didn't even see this play last night Jesus Christ it's way worse than the actual int

Yeah that was his worst throw of the night including the INT. Easily, just look at that lob directly into the defender's chest. Dude's gonna get justly roasted by his teammates for dropping that poo poo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yikes. It's amazing he didn't somehow look worse. I get protecting your guys but that's a terrible coaching decision.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Play posted:

He placed that ball well, and it wasn't awful coverage by Amukamura it's just really loving hard to cover MVS who has 4.3 speed when he bends a go route inside and there's no help over the top. Any DB is going to struggle in that situation. The pass itself was meant to be a floater because he was throwing behind coverage.

It wasn't a great pass at all. The WR had to run horizontally for like 10 yards to get there and the DB had no idea where the ball was because he's bad. It's not like he just got ran by...

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

So that was a nice pass, but what else did Rodgers do? By my unscientific count he missed about SIX short passes. No joke, go back and watch it if you don't believe me

He had a couple nice dumpoffs. He was under pressure constantly and always has some rust at the start of a season. The talk of him being washed up doesn't worry me.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

indigi posted:

you have a very liberal definition of "good"

He had a good second season especially if you factor in his rushing numbers and the fact that he missed two full games.

Mahomes and Watson look much better though, which is pretty damning.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

It wasn't a great pass at all. The WR had to run horizontally for like 10 yards to get there and the DB had no idea where the ball was because he's bad. It's not like he just got ran by...

The open space on the field was to the right, so that's where Rodgers put the ball. It could've had more depth allowing MVS to possibly get some YAC but he got the deep completion which is what really matters. Also MVS absolutely ran right by Amukamura, you can see he's already even at the beginning of the play and by the time the ball arrives he's significantly ahead. So he did get ran by, that's exactly what happened

watch it yourself if you want: https://www.packers.com/video/can-t-miss-play-qb-rodgers-uncorks-47-yard-strike-to-wr-valdes-scantling

Leon Einstein posted:

He had a couple nice dumpoffs. He was under pressure constantly and always has some rust at the start of a season. The talk of him being washed up doesn't worry me.

Yeah but the thing about dump offs is they should all be nice, especially when you're talking about a top guy like Rodgers. His ball placement was not great in that game, a lot of passes down by the ankles. I remember one which was a short miniscreen and the dude had to dive on the ground just to catch the ball

I would never say he's washed, that's silly, but he did not have a great day throwing the ball.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

we really trying to blame amilli when his qb is the worst first round draft pick of the decade

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Play posted:

Yeah but the thing about dump offs is they should all be nice, especially when you're talking about a top guy like Rodgers. His ball placement was not great today.

I'm just saying the Bears defense is ferocious and Rodgers handled it well enough to win. He's not gonna be contained like that very often.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Leon Einstein posted:

yeah he usually takes a good 3 games to really start clicking, or at least that's how it's been in seasons past. Now if it's like week 7 and the offense still looks like poop from a butt then it's prob time to get a little worried. Until then not setting the world on fire the first game back with a completely new offensive system against what's almost certainly the best defense in the NFL is not that big of a shock. Actually having a defense that creates pressure and gets stops sure as hell is though

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

A better throw from Rodgers to MVS and that's a TD. It wasn't a terrible ball, but c'mon man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shadow225 posted:

we really trying to blame amilli when his qb is the worst first round draft pick of the decade