Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Barudak posted:

Im not saying he should start right away but theres a quarterback with basically no wear and tear on them who has already made all the money he needs to and would just play to win (tm) and has been resting for a few years now and absolutely cant be worse than trubinsky

The Bears will have to stick with Trubisky and pretend he's their franchise QB for a couple more years before cutting ties. I don't get why it's so hard to admit you hosed up and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

It would be silly to immediately cut ties with a guy who's still young, cheap and not conclusively worse than whatever QB will be available in free agency

They should absolutely be aggressive about targeting a QB to replace him by the time his contract is up, though. Sucks they don't have a first rounder next year

He is Blake Bortles and the quicker the Bears can accept that the better chance they'll have of not wasting a great defense and a decent offense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also this is his 3rd year and he still stares down his receiver on every loving play like a high school QB.

Should have gone after Foles.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pace is overrated but the team is a decent QB away from being a contender.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Trubisky has always been bad. He had a couple good games last year against bad teams that inflated his stats. But any team with a competent defense just destroyed him. And once they figured out that all you have to do is keep him in the pocket, he was done in the NFL. He was horrendous in his last few games last season and looked worse than a rookie last night.

This isn't surprising either. The reports out of camp from independent media was that he looked like hot garbage. He's a one read QB in his 3rd year with poor accuracy.

And the bashing of their receivers is unwarranted. Miller is really good but wasn't used much in the game. And he was probably not the first read so there was no chance he was getting a ball thrown to him. The Bears legit have a good receiving core and with a halfway decent QB like Foles probably have a top-10 offense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I like how Pace put together a really talented receiving core (even drafted Ridley) and Nagy decides to make loving Cordarrelle Patterson a huge focal point.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's still a funny photo because it led to a bunch of Trubisky defenders online trying to use quantum physics to prove he actually wasn't open.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Listening to Gruden during the NFL Draft, I think he even realized Trubisky was poo poo

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has any good receiver played with worse QBs in his career than Robinson? I'd love to see him with a good QB for a year.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1170032479056646147

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Most of those receivers played with someone competent at some point. Robinson went from Hackenberg in college to Bortles to Trubisky. That guy would kill to play with someone as below average as Andy Dalton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think the Bears have a nice offense outside of Trubisky. Robinson is really underrated. A nice trio of running backs and I believe their O-Line graded out well last year.

If Trubisky could play last year's Bucs 16 times, he'd be a top-10 QB guaranteed.