Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2 bad teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its the nfls loving fault for showing us this instead of the cardinals, but arizona would definitely poo poo the bed on a thursday night season opener so whatever

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, I like basically everything about this team except for the QB

Cohen kinda sucked tonight, they weren't getting any of the sweep motions or other backfield shenanigans working and then it was just some wideouts that kinda suck and allen robinson

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

so i didn't watch the game but looking at the box score did the Bears move Tarik Cohen to WR because he had 8 receptions but no rushing attempts

charitably I think he was a distraction but green bay was not letting the stuff in the backfield fool them and it worked

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Alaois posted:

seriously did they just not hand the ball off to him a single time, telegraphing immediately that if he was on the field it was to be a pass catcher and completely missing the point of a receiving back

IF they can get it working it might be better than telegraphing a run like last year with jordan howard but in practice it seems like it's not gonna work

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cris was saying how mack was neutralized but they'd just run away from him and some fat dude would squish the rb. obviously it worked well enough for green bay but mack was impactful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

as a cardinals fan im fine with it either way. if you go for it and end up losing then you get completely eviscerated in the media. on the other hand, why should you care about that as a coach? and then on the other other hand it's proven that that stuff matters. it's a tough decision to have to make as a first time coach and i'm fine with it either way and it also might not have been his decision to make or the decision he made.

also, iirc the surrender index goes up as the time ticks down so it's like double the number if the decision took place before halftime. maybe it's that plus a modifier for going into overtime, idk. either way, it's kind of a QBR look at the decision where it's grading from a fan's perspective and not necessarily a useful predictor of a coach's cowardliness or how cowardly a decision actually is, just that if you read about it in the paper the next day that's how the storyline would go.