Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the chicago behrs should bring back Kyle Orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Master Stur posted:

Packers defense looked a bit less lost, offense looked the same to me

it looked to me like the packors were deploying a lot of lafleur's concepts in the first half, then by the second half (or like partway through the second quarter, really) had reverted to more or less the same type of thing mccarthy used to do. Maybe trying to capitalize on rogers' familiarity with that playstyle, maybe just because lafleur didn't feel confident leaning on the new stuff yet

the stretch of time where they were using new stuff included both the 2 awful opening drives and the one good touchdown drive, so its sort of a wash i guess

will reserve judgment until after the starters have had more opportunity to shake the rust off, and until ive seen em against a couple of more typical defenses

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 6, 2019

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Pittsburgh is basically ohio so it's probably going to be 0-3 before the night is over.

is indianapolis also in ohio

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the one good thing i have to say about the ring of cincinatti white-flight suburbs in kentucky is you can get a pretty cheap clean hotel up around Florence, i guess because the cincinatti airport is somewhere near there?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nick foles sacrificed his clavicle in a voodoo ritual to destroy tyreek hill's clavicle

this may not have been a good trade-off for the jags, but it was the moral thing to do, and thus could be expected of a righteous and just Man of God like big dick nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the truth of tom brady is that he already played like a 39-year-old man when he was 19, so being 42 is a relatively minor adjustment