Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

The Bears will have to stick with Trubisky and pretend he's their franchise QB for a couple more years before cutting ties. I don't get why it's so hard to admit you hosed up and move on.

It would be silly to immediately cut ties with a guy who's still young, cheap and not conclusively worse than whatever QB will be available in free agency

They should absolutely be aggressive about targeting a QB to replace him by the time his contract is up, though. Sucks they don't have a first rounder next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

BlindSite posted:

Lol, one game and it's lost season sign Kaepernick time.

fans are dumb.

Trubisky looked really bad and the Bears are really not in a position to wait out a struggling inconsistent QB, so I get the griping. They certainly shouldn't give him too much rope, considering where the roster's at, and it would be really disheartening if this team didn't succeed because their franchise QB turned out to be a bust

But yeah, it's one game. Mitch looked really bad sometimes last year too and he looked good enough at others. He's probably not The Guy if he's capable of playing that poorly, but the defense is great and it's unreasonable to assume Nagy was actually a gigantic fraud who can't coach an offense at all.

Blake Bortles almost made the Super Bowl once! Ya gotta make do with what you got