Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
sir-idiot-a-lot is writing about information like this game takes place in the pre-Thottbot era of MMOs :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Lammasu posted:

latest one has multiple cats. You find Jeane's kittens and they hang around your apartment.

That sounds adorable and I love it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TuxedoOrca posted:

That sounds adorable and I love it.

Yeah, lot in this game I like. It's so weird it feels like Suda51 is personally loving with me though.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
So what was through the green space anus? WHAT DID MRTRASH SEE ON THE OTHER SIDE

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/eltp...dd74f1dfb80#t=0

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

cmdrk posted:

So what was through the green space anus? WHAT DID MRTRASH SEE ON THE OTHER SIDE

It's called a "spanus."

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

For me the best prediction of Nostropisscat is that there will be over 5 million active players for Star Citizen.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Pos my wormhole daddy

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Aramoro posted:

For me the best prediction of Nostropisscat is that there will be over 5 million active players for Star Citizen.

And all of those have their NPC friends being quanta'd all over the place. It's gpnna be wild. And so living and breathing.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The failed Will Smith zombie game has poop and pee mechanics.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Regarding the NPC making live calls to you to give you quests, and everyone can see the NPC making the call. I remember playing Runescape, where you talked to an NPC and everyone around you would see the conversation bubbles above your heads. This also meant only one person could speak to the NPC at a time. If someone else was already talking to the NPC, you had to stand around and wait. If they were further ahead in the quest than you, you'd see the NPC chatting about events that from your perspective hadn't happened yet

I imagine Runescape fixed this up later with a more suitable conversation mechanic for an MMO

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Lammasu posted:

The failed Will Smith zombie game has poop and pee mechanics.

Only game I've played where that was implemented well was Digimon World.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Wtf does implementing poop and pee mechanics well even mean?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
It means the designers actually give a poo poo about fidelity.

:c00lbutt:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The pee and the poop is physicalised. If your regular janitor doesn't turn up to work, you can actually find where he's taken a dump (assuming he doesn't flush) and examine his leavings to find out what he's been eating

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

bandaid.friend posted:

The pee and the poop is physicalised. If your regular janitor doesn't turn up to work, you can actually find where he's taken a dump (assuming he doesn't flush) and examine his leavings to find out what he's been eating

As long as I can poop on the floor and make people slip on it, I'm happy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Mellow_ posted:

Very schwifty

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Death Stranding lets you weaponize poop, pee, and blood. Checkmate CIG.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Mellow_ posted:

Oh you're one of those ss13 players

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

bandaid.friend posted:

Games that cheat just magically spawn poop in the toilet, whereas here, it is organically generated in your fidelitous intestines as part of the digestive simulation layer. Like, did people really think a non-cheating company of CIG caliber was just despawning pizzas and hotdogs on consumption? None of those low budget hacks here, only fidelity!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mocapped to perfection.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DreadUnknown posted:

Death Stranding lets you weaponize poop, pee, and blood. Checkmate CIG.

Postal 2 with pee, too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
IIRC Duke Nukem Forever had poop as a weapon too. Always bet on the Duke :dukedoge:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
bartender poo mocap when

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Do you think they will put those little mocap beads on their anus? For fidelity of course.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommissarMega posted:

IIRC Duke Nukem Forever had poop as a weapon too. Always bet on the Duke :dukedoge:

Not if you were hoping for a good game.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

dialhforhero posted:

Do you think they will put those little mocap beads on their anus? For fidelity of course.

is making GBS threads mocap shared with sitting or not

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

dialhforhero posted:

Let me check:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
another thing i am wondering what do you think those mocap beads will smell like haha im just curious haha

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 25, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

salartarium posted:

Only game I've played where that was implemented well was Digimon World.

I liked Death Strandings where peeing made mushrooms grow.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I loved Death Stranding but does anyone actually understand what happened in that game's storyline?

I just ignored all that stuff and chose to be excited about running around with boxes on my back, scaling mountains for no good reason at all.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Fidelitious posted:

I loved Death Stranding but does anyone actually understand what happened in that game's storyline?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rek1TzX2vw

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Thoatse posted:

Let me check:

I just spit all my coffe cup on my pc....now you owe me a new monitor!!! :awesomelon:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Fidelitious posted:

I just ignored all that stuff and chose to be excited about running around with boxes on my back, scaling mountains for no good reason at all.

It gets thoroughly explained if you don't deliberately skip all the stuff that explains it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's a Kojima game so I highly doubt that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only thing that really bothered me about Death Stranding's lore and story, is that it takes place across the entirety of the United States, but there is nothing about the landscape that remotely resembles the U.S. Death Stranding 2 takes place across Europe, and I hope Kojima did a better job with this.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Yes, just watch those 7 hours again. Watch them closely. Don't forget anything as you play through the game, keep every detail in mind as you go back to work over the coming days, spend time with loved ones and do chores. Just watch the cutscenes.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Something something BRIDGE BABY something something CONNECTION something something MOBSTER ENERGY PISS BREAK

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

I said come in! posted:

The only thing that really bothered me about Death Stranding's lore and story, is that it takes place across the entirety of the United States, but there is nothing about the landscape that remotely resembles the U.S. Death Stranding 2 takes place across Europe, and I hope Kojima did a better job with this.

Kojima had a nice holiday to Iceland, and wanted to make a game that looked (and sounded) like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kojima made me care about a god drat baby. That motherfucker.