Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Howard Day’s Wing Commander remake is way more interesting than anything CIG have produced so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

has anyone said fart citizen yet

e: fart shitizen

let me throw my hat in the ring and be the first to say shart shitizen

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Just been going through some really old emails and it turns out I backed this dumpster fire early enough that I got a VIP golden ticket, and still no game

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

That golden ticket might actually go for something on the market.

Since they’re not giving me a refund any time soon I might look into that.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Scruffpuff posted:

Engine change confirmed! And it only took 2 days, as prophesied.

One of my favourite bits of Star Citizen bullshit right there. Either the switch to Lumberyard was trivial and only took a few days as they claimed, meaning it’s all built on bog standard Cryengine and they’re lying about replacing half of Crytek’s code, or they had to devote serious time and resources, in which case they’re lying about the switch being trivial.

Either way they’ve outed themselves as liars.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

:gary: :drat:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm shocked at this accusation.

I also doubt they’re as open and transparent as they say they are !!

edit: point is it’s such an easily debunked lie, and pointing it out breaks their brains.

Bargearse fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 6, 2019

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Oh gently caress I just figured out exactly why Sandi Gardiner bothers me so much. She looks way, way too much like my ex girlfriend from like years ago.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

monkeytek posted:

Did she ever try to choke you?

Did she claim to have numerous world level skills in business, fashion, marketing, etc.?

Did she stalk your previous baby mama?

If yes to these questions, this is not a coincidence.

Come to think of it, there was some occasional unexplained parping.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Sillybones posted:

Same. I've been on the lookout and I still haven't found any degrees that look like that around.

I don't know, it's a well established fact she can't act for poo poo and that photo is the only time I've ever seen her look genuinely happy.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Alright so Elite Dangerous is coming out with space legs and atmospheric landings and here I am finding out about it from a thread dedicated to making GBS threads on a third rate ego project

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Going to go against the grain a little here and suggest that Elite Dangerous is actually good

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

I love how we just got a new Star Wars space combat game, one that’s actually pretty good, from EA of all people, while Squadron 42 is still years away from release if it ever sees the light of day at all

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

So the same vague waffling non-answers they've been giving for the last eight years.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

CIG is just getting repeatedly upstaged by space games that actually exist and are playable.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

I rolled my eyes pretty hard when Star Trek Discovery name dropped Musk, but it was pretty funny in hindsight after his big “rescuer diver is a pedophile” debacle.

Yeah but the dude who dropped the reference was from the Mirror Universe where maybe Elon Musk is... good?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

bandaid.friend posted:

The show also names "Musk Junior High" as where Tilly attended school in season two

Huh, somehow I totally missed that.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Nearly 10 years on and Squadron 42, the only part of this goddamned shitshow I was ever actually interested in, is still nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile, the TIE Fighter Total Conversion for X-Wing Alliance just came out and it's actually pretty good.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

.random posted:

We already know that some aliens in the ‘verse are primarily aquatic - most famously, the people of Ukh’wear. Ukh’wearians (from here on out, UWs) are noted for their backwards, quaint, and simplistic culture of celebrating nature and believing that animals - and perhaps even plants - can feel things. Despite this obvious flaw in their character, they are also known for their heartiness in both fresh and saltwater; much like the sharks they vaguely resemble, they are in constant motion even when asleep. This trait makes UWs especially good slaves for working in the saltwater mines of Teres III as well as the outer reaches of Banu space.

The introduction of their river habitats in 3.17 is an acknowledgement that slaver gameplay is being prioritized into 3.18 or 3.19 the latest. I know I’m not the only one excited to learn the unique anatomy and biology of UWs so that I can manipulate their hormone production to ensure docility while still keeping them as useful slaves.

Oh, and let’s not forget they’re supposed to be total freaks in bed, and my character can’t wait to find out about subaquatic cunnilingus hell yeah up top.

Very telling that a bunch of poo poo you made up on the spot is at least as compelling as any of the official lore.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

They've been saying blockchain is taking over for what, ten years now?

There isn't a single use case for crypto that hasn't already been solved more effectively by more conventional means.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Does the game exist yet, and has anyone called it Shart Shitizen yet?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

It’s everything I hoped for and more

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

The Titanic posted:

Apex star citizen is arguing about what space food should be allowed in the deep space future when cig regularly puts out future space food like "pizza" and "hot dogs".

If anything, future space food would most likely include things like burritos and kebabs, things that can be prepared and eaten in zero gravity without utensils. Apparently the International Space Station uses a lot of tortillas for that same reason.

And right there I’ve put more thought into it than CIG ever did.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Mellow_ posted:

tfw your burrito breaks open when you bite it and there is now rice beans and beef floating around your cockpit

pfft then you just turn on the pumps for the gravity liquid geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Piss Stain Johnson posted:

https://x.com/FntasticHQ/status/1734265789237338453?s=20

:lmao:

e: this is what it looks like when you can't keep the grift rolling. if they were smart like CR they would've kept teasing and selling skins.

They’ve reached the “and run” stage of “take the money and run”.