Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

.random posted:

It’s ok! We just need to delete the post and all posts that reference the second post and then wait for the casuals to catch up and read the thread.

Can also just post it in the GBS thread, or sc-lite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

My favorite part of the SC crowd hating on ED is that the game is basically the exact same thing to their fever dream of SC, except ED has been released for years and is adding content to an already existing game.

If flying through space in a spaceship then landing on a planet is boring in ED, how is it going to be any better in SC...

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

trucutru posted:

The "ship value" is new but I don't think they have used "price", "cost", or something similar. They used to have just the naked numbers in there.

BIG naked numbers.

Loling at the idea of jpegs going out of stock

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

That new ugly thing costs $500..? At least it comes with a scratching post and toilet.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

It reminds me of that city in the clouds from a n64 Star Wars game.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I’m gonna go scuba diving in my space game so I can collect fish. You know, space scuba fishing.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

skeletors_condom posted:

The Disingenuous Narrative

lol

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

where's this trainwreck going to be streamed?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Looks like some solid tier 0 inventory systems. Thanks for all the hard work!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Drakkel posted:

Why would you mocap a fish? Were people clamoring for the most lifelike fish animation possible in this spaceship game?

obviously for the exotic fish trader gameplay loop. Those fish tanks aren’t going to fill themselves.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Source your quotes

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Opioid posted:

I have fond memories of my pot-bellied, short dog man dancing at a cantina in a stained white muscle shirt and making loads of cash. Truly the future of gaming

Swgemu team recently launched a new server :getin:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

trucutru posted:

This op-ed got the Cool Chris award so I think it is cool enough

:stonk:

screens alone, this is a $2k+ setup just to look at jpgs

if i had to guess, based on the RBG in the case it's *also* a zotac 3060-3080 gpu

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

it's an incredibly weird witch hunt mob rule mentality

e: crap, snipe tax:

Archie is sassy.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pixelate posted:

CIG have done another thing

is this about that loophole where you could buy a ship package, gift it, "melt it into store credit" and magically it came out to be more store credit than the raw value it was purchased for?

if not, lol that was also a thing i'm pretty sure

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

:staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

What the gently caress

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Wow that’s a lot of words and so few jpegs

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Honestly can’t believe it’s that long of a rambling mess. I wouldn’t even read patch notes for a game I play daily if they were in this format.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hahaha yesss, yet another three-digit-USD niche purpose ship with all kinds of unique and new systems and features to exist on one hull.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Goons, actually.

you see everything *wrong* about the game is infact, the fault of goons. All because

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Just when I think there’s nothing more CIG can post that would make me hate their fan base more than the pride tweets…

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

But… WHY.. this isn’t even a marketing or promo event it’s just.. fans going to the same bar to drink and talk??

vvv

i am a moron posted:

hahaha okay this forum should not be throwing stones. :gooncamp: is based on real events and goonmeets were (are?) half way between a juggalos double wide and a LAN party. That picture is downright normal in comparison

pretty sure you're misreading whatever it is that lead you to think of gooncamp but, cool? good to know your unsolicited baseline expectations on goons are somehow worse than whatever you're reacting to

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 11, 2022

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

If there is one thing we know citizens like, it is to be drip fed an autoscroller experience.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I’m sorry, if you buy at the $40k level??? What? Are they selling crossbows for 40k..?

Oh reading helps.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 18, 2022

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

It's very obviously not real

Star citizen? Obviously

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Mellow_ posted:

They made the hull a bit smoother looking. That's it.

Oh so THATS why my brain didn’t recognize it as a new ship…

E: ugh phone posting, having issues getting it to accept a cat tax..

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 7, 2022

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Have some dreams.txt on land claims and base building.

This is absolutely hilarious. Backers already plotting how they can scam industry types, of course assuming any crafting system isn’t going to just print out identical copies like every other MMO ever.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Speaking of disappointment, backer is angry cause every peasant gets two ingame ship models (as in model kits, not actual ships) while the one they're supposed to get is still MIA.

Most voted comment is totally supportive, poor long time backers deserve status symbols and said stuff can't be given to everyone!

Ya know this is something that baffled me when I was (a younger, more idiot) on the Camelot Unchained forums around the time the kickstarter ended. There was of course the "we need additional funding" push being made, and most were outraged at the suggestion that some stupid vanity titles or rewards could be given to anyone who *also* pledged during post-Kickstarter phase.

The general attitude of "Founders" were that the "Backers" (people who pledged post-kickstarter) group should be given second class citizen status. Absolutely no sharing of rewards that the Founders had, they missed their boat. Even for the stupid little non-important cosmetic things or titles they theorycrafted, those HAD to be exclusive to the Founders.

People really get hung up on being FIRST and having some kind of status symbol to float, and missing that initial 30-day window to fund meant you were absolutely not a true-believer.

TBH I completely stopped going to those forums after the topic very strongly steered into the 'gently caress you got mine' voices being loudest. I gave up on trying to assume the community might be half okay-ish, and now the game is completely dead in the water because it was another MMO Kickstarter scam like Star Citizen, so those Founders really did get their wish.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

One person.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Whats your favorite Star Citizen moment?

For me, its hard to top Chris playing Star Citizen.

Honourable mention goes to the Archer Saga.

DENNIS?! IS DENNIS STILL HERE?!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Watching the beer and sandi email exchange unfold and get posted as it happened was definitely one of my favorite moments.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

BumbleOne posted:

hello there, first of all its a shame what happened to our titanic. someone said 1 thing that not everyone can agree to 100% > ban. i was a bit shocked honestly.
then someone else says: "i thought she was such a good poster and then she says this? how could i be so wrong?"

well, if you think that a friend is only a friend if they agree with you 100% of the time, then maybe clone yourself?
or join the borg collective?

i might get banned and yes gimme the banhammer why not.
titanic was/is a cool person. she is a ship godammit! i'm a robot. what do we know.

anyway...cig should just get rid of quantum travel, that gives em some time to build systems while commandos travel at sublightspeed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

sure is a shame when someone outs themselves as being a transphobe and gets shouted out of the thread huh?

wait no, that kicks rear end

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2023

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Experimental Skin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmzmJtDZGr0

You can literally smell the fidelity. It smells like toast. Wait, am I having a stroke...

actually one of the best 38 seconds of star citizen, holy moley that flight model for 10 years still makes me laugh

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

All of this discussion is making me want to boot up Outer Wilds again and figure out what the hell puzzle piece I am missing, still, from understanding what the game wants me to do.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if on top of normal mismanagement they hosed up in some contractual sense, and even though they scraped together a shooting week of their day rates on the backers' dime, talked a couple agents into getting "big names" to perform, they didn't dot some of the the umlauts on the contracts. And the talent realized what an absolute gently caress-show this is, don't want their likenesses on it, and lawyered up.

Honestly, yeah this has to be one of the more likely outcomes.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

i am a moron posted:

Prompt: write a forums post about Star citizen videos written by a cultist

Not sure why it trimmed the conclusion, I’m assuming the AI is now corrupted by the Cult of Imperium Games

I think it shot itself after writing as much as it did op.

Also this is way, way too uncanny and spot on. Dang.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Just launch any Source game and open up the console
Type:
sv_cheats 1
Hit enter
Type:
noclip
Hit enter

You can now practice flying in star citizen without having to do the train or elevator boss!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Oh good, I read the first sentence then scrolled and assumed correct.

This weirdly renewed obsession with Ben is creepy. Go away with that noise.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Tippis posted:

Oh, you're so behind the times there. :D

Idk the entire last page is full of posts telling you that you’re being a giant weirdo I’m sure it is us who are wrong about why staking someone is actually cool and good here though??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Popete posted:

So apparently they released a Tank Royale mode, where players fight it out in the handful of tanks in game. There is apparently a bug where the tanks drive like they are on ice and a player figured out if you ram into a rock hard enough it fixes the bug and the tanks drive normally.

I genuinely don't think CIG has paid testers.

space game