Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Hey guys, Chris Roberts here. Thanks for liking my game.

You guys come across any bugs that need fixing? Just arrived at my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Time_pants posted:

Okay, does anyone remember there was a dude who made a bunch of Twitter posts about how CI¿¿¿G??? had an obligation to make an "adult," "mature" game that was really just code for "my weird fetish" and had a gif of a woman tied to a chair getting hit by a bucket of water in all of his posts? Assuming this is something that actually happened or if I ate a bunch of expired meat and hallucinated in my fevered delirium, whatever happened to that guy? Is he still posting his weird nonsense? Did he get bored and move on to trying to get his rocks off to a different space game?

DID THIS ACTUALLY EVEN HAPPEN AT ALL??

Yes this happened but for whatever reason I can't find it again. I don't see it in my retweets or recaps. I probably threw it a heart but good luck scrolling those.

Speaking of Recaps you can find September 2019 Set 1 here: https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/20190917/

I haven't decided where to post them on SA yet. MMOHMO probably.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Serious question how has Todd 'I don't think that we've hit all of those details once' Parpy not been fired a dozen times over?

Keep in mind, Star Citizen in it's current state has delivered more enjoyment than many AAA games. I got my $0 worth.

You can take the Goon stance and point out that he is spreading FUD directly to backers on their own show, or the CR stance that he can't even get a lovely tier zero delivered. I have to conclude that Chris really does not care about the project except to show up every couple months to check if the money facet hasn't clogged.

@bootcha The dream died 2018. 2019 it's just getting obvious.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Self doxxing threat assessment for Virtual Captain:
  • (AUG 1998) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (SEP 2001) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (MAY 2014) You need a Platinum Account to view this message
  • (JAN 2015) You need a Platinum Account to view this message

I realize some of this may shock and upset some in this thread, but it feels good to get it off my chest. Also I absolve myself so there.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Wow I caught up with the thread in like 2 hours you guys are slacking off.

:reddit: posted:

I made an SCRefundsTracker:

Item 1: constant trolling and brigading on sc sub
IN PROGRESS, NOT DELIVERED

Item 2: prevent people from buying spaceships
NOT DELIVERED

Item 3: shut down CIG
NOT DELIVERED

WHEN ARE SCREFUNDS GOING TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES

ok I lolled pretty hard.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

lol

Bootcha posted:

This time....

TOMORROW

:siren:

:derp:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

did someone already make :spergin: with the SC logo painted on their forehead? I could use a smilie for https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/ to indicate spectrum posts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I won't post these all the time but if you are in the habit of skipping pages these may be of interest:
September Set 1 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-17/
September Set 2 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-30/

I know ppl don't want to check another site/app every day so I'll find a place on SA for the recaps to live soon.

TheAgent posted:

I'll be onsite and completely loving drunk (but v respectful) during space court

gonna livetweet me a loving crobear quote

:jackbud:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

But without Reddit screencaps we wouldn't have known about those sexy bears...

:hmmyes:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

This video is one hour. You madman.

:circlefap:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

lol this video is absolute gold, a perfect addition to the Sunk Cost Galaxy series. Good job embracing the lunacy of Star Citizen bootcha.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

quote:

Star Kitten has been effectively buried and forgotten

:roflolmao:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm going to stream the rest of the bootcha's video and any lols I can get. https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Have to be somewhere in less than an hour so not much time for organizing anything bigger.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Star Citizen: The TV Show

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I was watching the first half at work and missed "I wrote an entire blog post about that actually" part somehow.

AAAHHHAhahahahaAHAHAHAHahaha :vince:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm going to stream later today. Probably just working on blog code but if anyone wants to start u some homoerotic meme cyber...

A Commando posted:

Just had some terrible news about an old backer thats walking away from SC and i expect he isnt the last.. combat pilots leaving and when i say leaving they are selling their ships and getting money back. Second person this week.

:yeshaha:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 2, 2019

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm streaming some highly boring stuff now.

https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I counted 32 players in one area. Which I consider a huge win as far as their joke of an MMO goes.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I am streaming if people want to hang out. That DaGaimez video seems like a good place to start.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Bootcha showed up so yeah we did one ARGCast. One more and that's it for today. PM me if you wanna be on the show.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Pixelate posted:

Is there an archive for these anywhere VC?

There are 16 on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzukKdPOxKngLkDYgpIcwsA/videos

A few more on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/star-citizen-argcast

The rest are sitting on my HDD unorganized waiting for a drive failure me to upload them.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Star Citia=z====er: <16:30:44> Game destroyed

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

jarlywarly posted:

"More importantly, a cave has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a gamer (gamer: non-star citizen) discovers that a game has caves, he will automatically assume the game is also in possession of game-play loops, balance, coherent systems, tin of biscuits, actual flight model, compass, map, giant space worms, space news vans, economy, space suits etc., etc. Furthermore, the gamer will then happily believe that any of these or a dozen other items actually exist that the developer might accidentally have "refactored". What the gamer will think is that any developer who can show off caves the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his cave is is clearly a developer to be reckoned with.”

:golfclap:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

For anyone like myself who cannot be arsed with spending hundreds of dollars and an untold amount of hours getting the exe to run just to see what new 3D jpegs they added; FTR's video does a really good job detailing exactly how poorly they've executed the one thing they're good at. Beginning around 14:45 of the video.

But before all that it was really funny to hear in detail about how piss poor the Star Citizen "economy" is dealing with more than one player needing supplies for on-foot mining. Well done Tony Z.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

quote:

36:22 This new plague of star citizen is the insane occurrence of AI interdictions. As of patch 3.7 interdictions have gone from a tedious annoyance to absolute cancer I'm not talking about normal everyday star citizen poor design cancer, no I'm talking about like going to Chernobyl and rolling around in a pile of graphite debris cancer. Interdictions are so out of control that only the most steadfast of chris roberts nob polishers are left defending the state of 3.7 while interdictions are openly moaned about on spectrum

:master:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Too many cores must be locked up. It's re-quoting screenshots of twitter that were already posted in the thread.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Star Citizen is Cancelled :frogsiren:

I can personally understand the rage that's sparked over this decision. Many of you are probably already familiar with the fact that backers, the hardcore gamers who backed this project, tend to get involved. In 2012, the first wave of backers who helped us raise $15 million dollars, who donated $1 million each, and have been the driving force behind this project for years. I am personally friends with many of you, and have been for three years now.

For me, I am not even a backer. I'm just doing my job—writing reviews of products, writing articles, contributing to Reddit forums. I do not consider myself a backer, although I have supported the project myself for quite some time.

The people at Cloud Imperium Games, the developers of the game, understand this. A couple of months ago (March 7), there was a Reddit AMA with Chris Roberts and a couple other senior employees. The most notable statement from the AMA (which is embedded and below if that helps you see what they were saying

"Jim jam the game's a scam" ~ Chris Roberts

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Is there a way to get my money back?

I really tried believing. 2 years later I still can’t enjoy the 70$ promise I bought. Nothing works, missions can’t be completed, the shooter is bad... I’d really like my money back.

I’m just really bummed out. I also can’t find a reasonable roadmap for 1.0..

1.0.0? :lol: :thurman:

I'm streaming some blog development: https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Baxta posted:

There was some guy who came into the SC sub ages ago to promote his book (On agile development) and constantly repeated that CIG are doing a great job with their agile project methodology.

I think his points were - They are using Jira. They have milestones and sprints, therefore its Agile.

I'm pretty sure a lot of these people have never worked a day in any sort of management capacity.

The aforementioned guy has gone strangely silent...

Meanwhile there are still two (or more) reddit users consistently providing "progress report" breakdowns. I think one of them is the "no bamboozles" guy.

The whole thing is :psyduck: af

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

lol, bwahahahaha

but is it doxxing

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I like that every year CIG can "hunker down" for 3+ months working on a gummed up demo level; with their very real 300 employees. Then half the time Turbulent ends up doing it for them.

We all know Chris 'somebody should have made me focus' Roberts is going to throw his team under the bus eventually. I just wanna call it right here any say he should have fired Papy, Tony, Eric? all of em, at least 2 years ago. They can't get poo poo done in any amount of time. CryEngine is no excuse.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

lol yes if The Expanse did a crossover, Star Citizen would be the one losing integrity. l o loving l

also, gravity goo

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 21, 2019

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

Control over the official servers will be handed to the Something Awful moderators.
Moderators will stay in touch with us for any important events that might occur.

:five::five::five::five::five:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

There is a guy in charge of props? So basically the entire project?

The Outer Worlds sitting at 82/100 on metcritic. Eat your heart out Chris Roberts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

lol what the actual....

This project is the gift that keeps on giving.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

52 step process

Star Citizen: Enjoy your coffee

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

zebedy posted:

can someone please link me that thread recap website?

https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/

I'll probably post Oct Set 1 & 2 later today.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

That's him in the fold out sofa.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

CIG has already proven everything they need to for me. But that's because I have been paying attention and have watched them build their game from the ground up and have seen the progress.

Are you guys seeing this incredible progress? lol this one is going to age quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Der Shovel posted:

I finally figured out what CIG’s written reports remind me of: those student projects where nobody did anything meaningful for a few weeks and now have to give a progress report in front of the class. A lot of ”the team started learning” and trying to twist basic poo poo into something revolutionary in an attempt to make ”copy pasted some basic code from Stackoverflow into a file and it kinda compiled?” sound like a time-consuming task and significant progress.

I also know how these student projects tend to end up, and it does not bode well for CIG.

:five::five::five:

That November report read exactly like something from SOTA.