Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You're in charge. Do you ever pull the plug on the Timeless Toni Storm gimmick or let it run her whole career? Maybe a John Cena thing where he was no longer the Doctor of Thuganomics but retained elements of it in his later character?

You keep it until it stops being over and well-liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

For those that watch GCW more than a week a year, is there a reason why Jimmy Lloyd is Matt Cardona's lacky? Like I get Steph De Lander, but what happened to Jimmy?

He lost a match with the stip being that he had to become Cardona’s broski

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

edogawa rando posted:

Why is the choice an immediate cold turkey termination of the gimmick, or carrying it her entire career? I reject the very premise of your question.

Timeless Toni Storm moves from the 1940s black and white aesthetic, to 1960s~70s New Wave cinema aesthetic, starting with a deconstructivist approach similar to Godard when he did À bout de souffle or Une femme est une femme, or Easy Rider, something like that, until she reaches the modern day.

Or she eventually drops the title, give her time off, and then bring her back as the All New Toni Storm, who refuses to acknowledge Timeless. Like, "I haven't the slightest clue what you're on about, darling" and looking confused whenever it's mentioned.

They’re gonna bring Kevin Dunn in for all the Godard jump cuts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Toni Storm as Klaus Kinski

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Toni Storm owns but it's obviously too gimmicky to last forever, so yeah it'll be interesting to see how she keeps it fresh until it's time to put it down.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

CommonShore posted:

Toni Storm as Klaus Kinski

Tbh her promos aren’t terribly far off from this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Very very excited for Toni's Quentin Dupieux phase

(She's already been dialing down the gimmick and making it a fuller personality and it's lead to some very good matches; I'm sure it'll be fine as she goes. She's doing well as the over-the-top delusional sort with a dash of amusing old school wrestling and film references)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

She’s going to have the first cinematic wrestling match that qualifies under the Dogme 95 vow of Chasity

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

edogawa rando posted:

Timeless Toni Storm moves from the 1940s black and white aesthetic, to 1960s~70s New Wave cinema aesthetic, starting with a deconstructivist approach similar to Godard when he did À bout de souffle or Une femme est une femme, or Easy Rider, something like that, until she reaches the modern day.

This all leads to an albino Juice Robinson fighting a magical construct of Juice Robinson as they discuss the Ship of Theseus.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

This all leads to an albino Juice Robinson fighting a magical construct of Juice Robinson as they discuss the Ship of Theseus.

Also known as “your typical Tuesday morning for Juice Robinson”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

haunted bong posted:

Also known as “your typical Tuesday morning for Juice Robinson”

The one thing I want most from the world is a Juice Robinson/Toni Storm reality show.