Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Seams posted:

is there anyone stronger than roderick strong?

Have you witnessed the power of Roman Reigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Sometimes you get distracted for a minute in the middle of typing up a post and somebody beats you to it before you realize you forgot to refresh.

And if you do, then you're a motherfucker who is ruining the forum!!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Spirit Squad gave us this.

That's pretty drat cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Does Ziggler still do that superkick/exhausted flop pin in 5-minute matches?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Minidust posted:

There was also the extra-polite variation with “don’t make me mad!” printed on the guitar :kiddo:

That's the most cute and ineffectual threat I've seen since:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Mark Henry set powerlifting records over 20 years ago that still stand. He's loving incredible.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This is probably just a result of the early days of the Internet explosion. I did a lot of DBZ web searching at the same time and it was filled with the same made up garbage. I remember someone doing a recap of an episode, translated by themselves from the original Japanese, where Goku yelled out "FUUUUUUUUUUCK" as Namek exploded.

Turns out it wasn't nearly as cool as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvNxgHTWIlo

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

What exactly makes a squash match? Is the pre-bell ring time counted? I once watched a match where the heel beat the face down for 15 minutes before the match bell, then it was over in 15 seconds. Is that still counted?

In light of that, what are the highest-rated squash matches of all time according to Big Dave?

I think Brock's 2014 squash of Cena got four stars. Cena had two brief hope spots, but otherwise got destroyed for like 15 minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/3xeWnGI.gifv

Goddamn that match was beautiful :allears:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

man, remember how a chunk of the crowd started chanting "boring" during this? wonder if they felt stupid after it was all said and done

I also remember that one kid periodically yelling "Let's go Ceeeenaaaaa" as Cena whimpered on the floor.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Didn't Show once get a "please retire!" chant, then smugly boasted to the crowd that he had an ironclad contract, and then the crowd chanted "ten more years!" or something? I might be conflating things.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

Big Show was always usually good, it's just that being both as big and as good as he was meant WWE treated him as if his credibility was untouchable. It was not.

I vaguely recall him lamenting that on Austin's podcast, that he was treated as a joke far too often, instead of like a, well, enormous loving man who should have been a huge threat at all times.

He also shared a story about the WCW main eventers ribbing him when he became champion, until Sting clued him in. Big Show owns.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Test's theme, of course, has no lyrics. If it does I never want to know what they are.

Pretty girl, put your hand in my buttcheeks.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Kidman's SSP was ugly as balls even when he did it correctly.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I loved Here Comes The Pain, but also I think the last wrestling game I actually played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2006.

I liked the one right before that, Shut Your Mouth. IIRC, HCTP was when they started to a veer bit more toward making the gameplay slightly more realistic and slower paced, whereas in SYM you can cheese it so that you're using all of your biggest moves (minus finisher) and putting people through tables within seconds of starting the match, and nobody's weight mattered, so anybody could lift The Big Show, even though IRL nobody can lift The Big Show (he's too big).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Shorty, willing, and G.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I hope Bryan has Wyatt in the Yes Lock for 20 minutes before passing out himself from the strain of keeping the hold.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Chris Benoit's diving headbutt was so stupid. He'd be like *throat cut gesture* and then jump on the guy and then roll around like "OH MY GOD WHY DID I DO THAT" and then cover the guy and he kicks out.

Does anybody have the gif handy?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Random question:

What is the difference between RVD's Five Star Frog Splash and a regular one? I seem to remember he always clutched at his stomach or something after doing it too, at least in the video games so I guess it even hurts him more?

RVD at least pinned people with his "I HATE MYSELF" move. Benoit just hurt himself all the time and then died.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

See Neville, Adrian

Yup.

The clip I'd saved has been deleted, but PAC (fka Neville) snapped his poo poo doing a baseball slide against Jericho. Jericho improvised and rolled him up, but the ref didn't seem to realize what was happening and only counted two. Jericho very audibly yelled "he's hurt, HE'S HURT" and shoved the ref, who then called for a DQ.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you ever use wrestling lingo in real life?

Didn't either Meltzer or Bryan once refer to a play-action pass as a "worked handoff"?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

All I know of Imagine Dragons is that song I overhear at work that sounds like, "wrap me up and throw me up the river *tsh tsh* the river *tsh tsh*"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Am I dreaming or did Triple H have a t-shirt design between 2005-2009 which was based around the hemorrhoid cream preparation h? Like a "apply some of this before you get your rear end kicked" vibe.

Some people call me "The rear end-itcher."

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Seams posted:

what about that time big show turned face

Best face turn of the year (2001-2015).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I think the only Del Rio match people still talk about is the Del Rio/Ziggler double turn match.

It was beautiful. Del Rio's facial expression as the crowd turned on him was like "lol gently caress you guys, I'm still gonna win" and he kicked Ziggler's concussed head in.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The stomp was awful. It was a lovely "recipient holds themselves in an awkward, completely useless position for no reason other than to get hit" move.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Used to be Skinner’s finisher

May I see it?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

That was so loving adorable.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Hirez posted:

Why even have a vote when this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZp6awlL58

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheek!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Didn't Sexy Star shoot break someone's arm in a worked match?

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

TNATROLL3 days ago 

GFW Fans: (parody to All Star by Smash Mouth) 

At TripleMania, Sexy Star injured Rosemary with an arm bar 
She’s lucky the Demon Assassin didn’t retaliate with some mist spitting 
I heard it from Joseph Park that Sexy Star’s her own biggest mark 
Rosemary didn’t do anything because she didn’t want to end up in a Mexican prison 

Congrats to Eddie Edwards on his GHC title win 
Even when he acts serious, he can’t hide his grin 
I heard a rumor and I don’t know if it’s a true story 
But apparently RVD wanted to change BFG to Bong for Glory 
When Bruce Prichard’s on TV, some people develop Tourette's 
Jim Cornette’s going to get Kongo Kong to wear a singlet
Eli Drake has a golden voice and silver tongue 
Don’t ever doubt or underestimate the defiant one 

Hey now, GFW fans, every Thursday night, it’s time to watch Impact 
Hey now, GFW fans, wouldn’t it be great if at BFG, Austin Aries came back 
Eli Drake’s always focused and hungry 
If you never thought he’d be world champion, he’ll call you a dummy 

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Pretty girl put your hand in my buttcheeks.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Billy and Chuck's wedding is a truly bizarre segment, I'm pretty sure 3 minute warning was involved and they also were involved in a lesbian bashing angle that's nonsensical and gross.

Yeah, that happened. It was part of this exceptionally lovely angle where Bischoff walked up to (IIRC) Trish Stratus and Lita and told them that nobody cares about women's wrestling, and that the real money was in "hot lesbian action." He later sent out some women to make out in front of the crowd, then got bored and sent out 3 Minute Warning to beat them up.

Also, at one point Bischoff tried to win Vince McMahon over by bringing out some "bisexual lesbians" to bang him.

"Bisexual lesbians" :psyduck:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewtrich/status/968941863087550467?lang=en

32 camera cuts in 34 seconds. And the cuts slow down a bit at the end when some loser fuckface nerd enters the ring, so there are points earlier where the camera cuts multiple times per second.

This is how they want their TV show to look. :psyduck:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The 2013 Bryan/Cena ending was awesome because the camera crew didn't do anything when Bryan hit his finisher (didn't he debut it that night? They probably just didn't know it was coming). You had a wide shot of the ring, and Bryan just kneed Cena in the loving head and Cena went out cold. No impact zoom, no smash cut; it ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oR_1WBmkHM&t=1610s

So of course, every time Bryan's ever hit the knee again they've done the smash cut and impact zoom.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

One of the reasons we* all love him.

*All good righteous, sane, clever, Depeche Mode fans

Kill motherfucking Depeche Mode.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Used to be ironic but it’s just been true for like 10, 15, 20 years now, depending on how you view them

Nope.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

To be fair, I haven't bought a KMFDM album in many years, and my belief that they do not suck-suck is based on how much fun their concerts still are.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Anyway to ask a pro wrestling question with a KMFDM theme, which would be your pick if you had to choose a KMFDM track as an entrance theme. I think DIY would be cool because you could either use the super bombastic intro or just skip straight to the beat depending on what you need. The lyrics don’t really work obviously but whatever

DIY would be good poo poo, yeah. When I was a teenager, I'd use Sound Forge to chop songs into pro wrestling entrance versions. My favorites for KMFDM were Flesh and Money.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Was Rock already doing some movies at that point or no? Even if he wasn't doing the gimmick, maybe there was some resentment there.

I remember watching the PPV and we were all rooting for Brock, probably largely due to the fact that he was a new guy who loving ruled. It was time for something new and the fans wanted it.

Yeah, it was a combination of The Rock clearly being on his way out to act full-time, and everybody being ready for Brock to just murder everybody. He came off 100% legit like a guy who was too good to ever lose.

Man, that match was so much loving fun. You can see in the first 10 seconds why people were so excited for Brock as champ. Rock runs in, starts throwing punches, and Brock just grabs him and throws him into space.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Just watched that match. Still owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

are we seriously at the point where people miss CFO$ now

I like that one theme that was "dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, dun, dun" and then it looped.