Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

His ongoing feud with the Armstrongs was funny. "Somebody call my mama, I just whupped the whole Armstrong family. Where's Bullet Bob?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That probably was the best thing Santino ever did (not that it's a high bar). He had a counter he'd bring out every show and declare how far along he was to surpassing Honky Tonk Man

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, and according to Henry when he went to tell Vince his plans to do this, Vince told him "Okay Mark, but remember, we have no room in WWE for the World's Second Strongest Man." So it was win or be fired

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean I've only been in indy rings, but those ropes are hard to even move. Deadly Elevator Cables sounds about right

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It led to a funny diatribe from Austin on his podcast about the exact mechanics of the Stunner and how if you didn't properly kick the guy in the gut first then it was the difference between landing a knockout punch in boxing after taking the wind out of the opponent and just plain hitting him in the head

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He got a "You can't wrestle" chant and singsonged back "I don't have to"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's really kind of incredible how much better WCW booked the Giant than WWE did the Big Show. Up until the very end when Nash finally Kevin Nashed him, the Giant was treated like walking death for whoever he was facing. It usually took gigantic scmozz finishes for the opponent to have a chance

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Alternately be like Jack Evans, loudly declare "Here's a move you've never seen!", do two backflips, a cartwheel and then rake the guy's eyes

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He won the feud with Ambrose, pretty sure. Win via exploding TV, win via ambulance match in the blowoff

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Stone Cold's heel theme was good stuff (the one that wasn't Disturbed) and I love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfiwgEE-Qk

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Brass knuckles usually mean the match is over

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I forget who it was that had Carcinogenic Right Hands. Big Show had a typewriter-like head

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I guess the closest thing he has is Mick Foley's first title win, but I don't think anyone remembers that for Michael Cole

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wrestled on the Double or Nothing preshow, too

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

WWE really likes that whole bit. There was also the time Orton was feuding with Undertaker, Orton hallucinated Cowboy Bob covered in blood. Then he was fine so it was made clear that we, the audience, were apparently hallucinating along with Randy, and uigoigoi

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Joey Janela sells like he's in a Friday the 13th movie and Jason just took a machete to his nuts

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wrestlers as a whole aren't very smart

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

IRS, although he was nothing special until he started teaming with Dibiase

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He had a match or two with Warlord that were way the hell better than they had any right to be

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The best part of his program with Alberto Del Rio was the immediate meme that it was the tag team of Don Flamenco and King Hippo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If nothing else, Berto was really good at facial expressions. That time he was about to clock Edge with a guitar, was all :haw: and then suddenly :mad: when he nailed him was pretty great

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jericho burned his hand on a toothpick
Jericho burned his hand on a toothpick
Look at Kevin Nash man he looks so wild wild

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I love the stagehand up there who should be leaving, but gently caress if they're going to miss the Rick Rude swivel

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Guy A and Guy B are wrestling. Guy C shows up at ringside. Guy D (who is feuding with Guy C) also shows up to cut off Guy C. Guy E appears to cheapshot Guy B, Guy A wins with a rollup. That's overbooking

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

Godfather was a face at some point right? As a pimp with a ho train, I don't know how but knowing the attitude era he was prolly over as hell as a Pimp.

Then he became the goodfather or whatever, I don't know, I didn't watch after the ho train stopped!

also didn't Kama get loving clowned in the Brawl 4 all but still advanced cause Severn was like lol

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All#Brawl_for_All_tournament_bracket

God I love looking at that Tourney Results Chart so I can remember Bart Gunn kicking the poo poo out of JBL; though JBL winning and getting his head knocked off by Butterbean would have been way more satisfying

Bob Holly has some pretty great Brawl For All stories. Like according to him, WWE was so convinced that Steve Williams was winning they paid him his prize money up front. Then he lost. From then on management was out to ruin Bart Gunn's poo poo, because how dare he ruin their plans by winning

Also Bob bet a whole lot of money on Steve Blackman rampaging the whole thing, which actually seemed like a decent idea until Blackman got hurt

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Which makes me realize AEW doesn't really seem to do ref bumps either. They've more or less gotten rid of the trope that the pro wrestling referee is made of glass and is going to get their poo poo ruined so the heel can cheat

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jake pretty much said on Jericho's recent podcast "I had to lie to avoid molestation as a kid, then I became a serial liar forever"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That was Al Snow's bit as Avatar. It was duly made fun of

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yet all they had to do was book them as a bunch of scary guys who would pop out of the crowd, beat people up and then hold them down for Justin Gabriel to break their ribs. Even if the individual guys in the group were Not Great, it's so drat easy to book around that you'd have to be actively trying not to

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

For some reason bookers *really* liked having Lex almost kinda sorta win the big one, the crowd would be super into him, and then he'd never actually win the belt. Or at least not until all the momentum was dead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Which reminds me of the story of Vince challenging Dave Lagana to an impromptu drag race down the highway. Lagana was winning, so Vince tried to run him off the road to his death

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He had a funny story about being fired from WWE. A few months afterward he was backstage visiting, Vince wanders up. "Why are you not dressed for your match?" "Uh, I was fired months ago." "You're hired, go get dressed"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The closest thing was probably Moolah. No one except the McMahons were overly bothered at Moolah dying, and their attempts to honor her posthumously were largely poo poo upon until they stopped trying

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jericho had a match against...someone (I've forgotten who) where he was supposed to win, decided that didn't make sense to him and decided on the fly to lose instead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He had an interesting interview once where he said he actually couldn't stand MMA, because it made him feel terrible to hurt people, yet he was also very, very good at hurting people. So doing fake wrestling instead solved a lot of problems

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The day after Vince dies, Dave Meltzer's book will be released and he'll disappear forever to a castle made out of gold bricks

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Earthquake once caught Big Bossman coming off the top rope with about as much effort as it would take to catch Rey Mysterio. Dude was freaky strong

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Garvin winding up and stomping on someone's face managed to be one of the most brutal looking finishers in WWF. Greg Valentine looked just like Anne Ramsey and I'm still not convinced they weren't the same person

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean they're all terrible on principle, but Jericho beating Triple H for the title was great until they walked it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Dino was pretty funny as Earthquake's little buddy who also had a little buddy in Jimmy Hart. Earthquake would kill people and the two of them would just run in circles around the carnage like goons