Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

:siren: :siren:Jump to https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898296&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post501564274 to vote!! :siren: :siren:

I am commandeering this OP: Athanatos.

Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings - 46 Attempts for 265 yards, and a 3.80 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 2: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 259 yards, and a 1.62 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 3: The Minnesota Vikings - 38 Attempts for 211 yards, and a 1.81 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 4: The Philadelphia Eagles - 33 Attempts for 176 yards, and a 1.22 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 5: The Indianapolis Colts - 45 Attempts for 180 yards, and a 1.50 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 6: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 99 yards, and a 1.24 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 7: The Arizona Cardinals - 38 Attempts for 156 yards and a 1.81 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 8: The San Francisco 49ers - 38 Attempts for 232 yards and a 1.73 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 9: The Baltimore Ravens - 41 Attempts for 210 yards and a 1.78 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 10: The Tennessee Titans - 26 Attempts for 225 yards and a 1.37 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 11: The Indianapolis Colts - 36 Attempts for 264 yards and a 1.50 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 12: The Baltimore Ravens - 48 Attempts for 285 yards and a 2.09 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 13: Washington - 30 Attempts for 248 yards and a 1.20 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 14: The Los Angeles Rams - 35 Attempts for 162 yards and a 1.09 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 15: The Dallas Cowboys - 45 Attempts for 263 yards and a 1.96 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 16: The Arizona Cardinals - 40 Attempts for 253 yards and a 1.48 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 17: The Baltimore Ravens - 44 Attempts for 223 yards and a 2.10 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC West: 6
AFC South: 3
NFC East: 3
AFC North: 3
NFC North: 2

Loser Divisions:
AFC East: 0
AFC West: 0
NFC South: 0

Old OP:

week 1: colts established the run

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Week 1: Seattle did not and I’m this *holds fingers super near each other* close to suicide, op

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The patriots failed for most of the game, but they did have a white guy do a matrix glitch

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1170887826617110528

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Vikings passed the ball 10 times and ran the ball 35 times

No one established the run more thoroughly.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

OxySnake posted:

The Vikings passed the ball 10 times and ran the ball 35 times

No one established the run more thoroughly.

after much deliberation, the committee concurs

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Shadow225 posted:

week 1: colts established the run

Many times "Return of the Mack" was listened to this week.

Shadow225 posted:

after much deliberation, the committee concurs

Need a run commissioner to assign a top "Established the Run" team of the week.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

the dolphins established neither the pass nor the run

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quarterback Matthew Stafford almost had half as many rushing yards as RB Kerryon Johnson.

Then again the Lions will never establish the run, so this is all moot.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the Patriots did whatever the opposite of establishing the run is

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chiefs sort of did. :shobon:

Shady looked pretty good.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Athanatos posted:

Need a run commissioner to assign a top "Established the Run" team of the week.

The commission must award this hallowed prize to as many teams as necessary each week, for establishing the run is not the province of ONE team but of ALL teams. This week we have two co-winners who show us what establishing the run is truly about.

Come on down, Minnesota Vikings! You employed the dreaded forward pass an admirable ten times and established the run to the tune of 172 yards on 38 carries for 3 touchdowns. Truly your commitment to the run sets an example for us all.

And our co-winner, the Baltimore Ravens! Despite passing way too much for the commission's liking,we had to acknowledge the accomplishment. The Ravens ended the game with 265 rushing yards on 46 carries for 2 touchdowns. Talk about carrying the ball!

Congratulations to the winning teams and may every team do all they can to establish the run, so help you god. Please clap

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hello yes, I have a question for the commission. The raiders had a running back jump for a touchdown. Yet, in spite of jumping, it says here it’s a rushing touchdown??

was the run established by the Raiders, I feel it was but not sure

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Do screen passes count as establishing the run

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

a neat cape posted:

I fell they do not as a pass by definition is not running

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more often than not screens end up counting as a rushing attempt in the numbers, which are then pulled by unaware forum users. it's actually a badly hosed up conspiracy to establish the pass in secret

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles did a good job establishing the run in the 2nd half. Sproles looks ageless and Sanders looked really good.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Did anyone establish the run less than the bears with 15 runs vs 50 passes

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles did a good job establishing the run in the 2nd half. Sproles looks ageless and Sanders looked really good.

Yeah the game was probably Too Much Sproles overall but he looked good, Miles Sanders was a great pickup, and Jordan Howard is a powerful man. If they can keep that up while also deep threatening with DJax, Alshon, and Agholor and using Ertz and Goedert across the middle they could really keep defenses honest and tear things up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah the game was probably Too Much Sproles overall but he looked good, Miles Sanders was a great pickup, and Jordan Howard is a powerful man. If they can keep that up while also deep threatening with DJax, Alshon, and Agholor and using Ertz and Goedert across the middle they could really keep defenses honest and tear things up.

please don't talk about WRs in the run thread

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

indigi posted:

please don't talk about WRs in the run thread

Our WR had a rushing TD :colbert:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens established the mf’n pass

The run was a foregone conclusion

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

If the pass is forward, it's untoward.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cmc established the poo poo out of the run

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

The Niners will establish the run no matter how many RBs die in the attempt

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Better than a deep pass, much much worse than handoff

AndrewP posted:

Ravens established the mf’n pass

The run was a foregone conclusion

I like this attitude. Before anything else, establish the run. Then once that's done we can maybe talk about something more exotic, like a pass

mastershakeman posted:

And they paid the price for their hubris, did they not?

Chokes McGee posted:

hello yes, I have a question for the commission. The raiders had a running back jump for a touchdown. Yet, in spite of jumping, it says here it’s a rushing touchdown??

was the run established by the Raiders, I feel it was but not sure

The Commission finds your question extremely stupid. But yes, that is establishing the run. Touchdown runs are one of the most treasured kind of runs

Kalli posted:

If the pass is forward, it's untoward.

I see you've been reading the Commission's promotional material. "If the pass is forward, it's untoward" has been one of our organizational slogans for over 50 years

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm not sure when the establish the run meme started this year, but I am glad its here.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

I'm not sure when the establish the run meme started this year, but I am glad its here.

It was born in the NFC West thread out of a sense of crass exceptionalism (the NFC West is foremost in establishing the run) but has since matured into a movement; nay, a way of life

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mark Ingram, Jr. is first ballot a hall of famer so yes

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
4.9 YPR

:schotty:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

another big loser went 14/51

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The Packers had 47 yards on 22 attempts. Completely failed to establish the run :negative:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Fenrir posted:

The Packers had 47 yards on 22 attempts. Completely failed to establish the run :negative:

Then why are you posting in here?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Todd Jerome Gurley II, 14 carries, 97 yards, 6.9 YPC

nice

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

after building a 17 point lead through the air the washington racists most assuredly did not establish the run: 28 rushing yards on 13 attempts lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

another big loser went 14/51

andy only lost my one point! so very unkind to call them big losers

but you are correct. the run was not established and they paid the price

Mind_Taker posted:

after building a 17 point lead through the air the washington racists most assuredly did not establish the run: 28 rushing yards on 13 attempts lmao

that's a statline that makes the fine members of our commission wanna HURL!!

DariusLikewise posted:

nice

ni.ce

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I submit to the committee that mr. frank gore, esq. deserves consideration for the lifetime achievement award in run establishment. Gore has been unflinchingly establishing runs for an uncountable number of seasons and despite being an elderly man, he continues to this day to agelessly perform runs.

OK, in fairness, this week Gore only gained 20 yards on 11 carries, while rookie upstart Devin Singletary had 70 yards on just 4 carries and quarterback Josh Allen had 10 carries for 38 yards. But I submit to you that the bills are trash, so he shouldn't be blamed for that, and anyway low-yardage runs are still run establishment, and probably gore made some of those Allen carries possible. And besides, they won the game, which means every one of those yards mattered.

You wish you could look like this at age 36

We are not here to praise the bills, but to take note of one of the all-time greats in running the dang ball, still out there doing his thing no matter how old he gets or how mediocre his team might be (having recently played for the Colts and then Miami and now the Bills, ugh). He is 4th on the all-time rushing list (and just 500 yards out from overtaking Barry Sanders for third), but he is first in our hearts.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 11, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Leperflesh posted:

I submit to the committee that mr. frank gore, esq. deserves consideration for the lifetime achievement award in run establishment. Gore has been unflinchingly establishing runs for an uncountable number of seasons and despite being an elderly man, he continues to this day to agelessly perform runs.

OK, in fairness, this week Gore only gained 20 yards on 11 carries, while rookie upstart Devin Singletary had 70 yards on just 4 carries and quarterback Josh Allen had 10 carries for 38 yards. But I submit to you that the bills are trash, so he shouldn't be blamed for that, and anyway low-yardage runs are still run establishment, and probably gore made some of those Allen carries possible. And besides, they won the game, which means every one of those yards mattered.

You wish you could look like this at age 36

We are not here to praise the bills, but to take note of one of the all-time greats in running the dang ball, still out there doing his thing no matter how old he gets or how mediocre his team might be (having recently played for the Colts and then Miami and now the Bills, ugh). He is 4th on the all-time rushing list (and just 500 yards out from overtaking Barry Sanders for third), but he is first in our hearts.

I feel, anyone named after an animal action that involves charging forward and impaling someone on a horn, is establishing the run merely by existing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
frank gore is establishing the run against old age

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Gore, with his 3,882 rushing attempts, will certainly be a first ballot inductee to the Hall of Run Establishment. Attempts are valued more than all other rushing stats because establishing the run is not about success, it's about CONVICTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

DariusLikewise posted:

nice

How has the Rams OL looked? Was the run established by good blocking or is Gurley back (baby awooo)?

I thought OL was a big question mark for them this offseason.