Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ravens embarrassing their biggest rivals with backups when that team was playing for their playoff spot AND have a supposedly excellent defense is next level

Ravens with a bullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Biased as gently caress but Ravens. Capped off the season by knocking out the Steelers in essentially a playoff game (for Pittsburgh) with back ups running it down their got drat throats. Not to mention this game solidified the Ravens season with most rushing yards ever while averaging well over 200 yards per game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ETR is supposed to be about one goal: Establishing the Run

This bullshit about quality of opponents or which string utilized what is pure bullshit. What do the numbers say. Who established the run?

It was the loving Ravens

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Asema posted:

ETR is supposed to be about one goal: Establishing the Run

This bullshit about quality of opponents or which string utilized what is pure bullshit. What do the numbers say. Who established the run?

It was the loving Ravens

I agree it is the Ravens, but the run cannot be limited to a mere quantitative property. It transcends statistics.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finger Prince posted:

I agree it is the Ravens, but the run cannot be limited to a mere quantitative property. It transcends statistics.

I see a 2.0+ ratio and I see that the run was not only established, but respected.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Current Votes:

Ravens 7 (A big flaming stink, MakaVillian, Fenrir, Finger Prince, DeimosRising, The Puppy Bowl, Asema)
Titans 7 (King Hong Kong, Vincent Van Goatse, Athanatos, Maggot Soup, Shinji2015, ShadowedFlames, Qwijib0)
Seahawks 1 (Chichevache)
Bengals 1 (Cavauro)

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Athanatos posted:

Current Votes:

Ravens 7 (A big flaming stink, MakaVillian, Fenrir, Finger Prince, DeimosRising, The Puppy Bowl, Asema)
Titans 7 (King Hong Kong, Vincent Van Goatse, Athanatos, Maggot Soup, Shinji2015, ShadowedFlames, Qwijib0)
Seahawks 1 (Chichevache)
Bengals 1 (Cavauro)

I vote Titans because Derrick Henry is just so dreamy. The Titans call on his 53 yard TD was great.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Ravens

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Titans

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ravens

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Titans were my second vote after Marshawn.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Tits up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nothing is so pure as the way Derrick Henry runs. The Titans are the best at establishing the run and they have my vote.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
ravens

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Current Votes:

Titans 12 (King Hong Kong, Vincent Van Goatse, Athanatos, Maggot Soup, Shinji2015, ShadowedFlames, Qwijib0, pasaluki, DariusLikewise, Chichevache, Android Apocalypse, thrilla in vanilla)
Ravens 10 (A big flaming stink, MakaVillian, Fenrir, Finger Prince, DeimosRising, The Puppy Bowl, Asema, Flikken, Leperflesh, Despera)

Bengals 1 (Cavauro)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ravens, because like most NFL games I want a tie.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Ravens

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Absolutely the Ravens.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Fitting that the Ravens crush this weeks run on the way out of 2019. They are a shoe-in for end of season awards, and finish up our weekly winners with a hell of a ratio.

Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings - 46 Attempts for 265 yards, and a 3.80 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 2: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 259 yards, and a 1.62 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 3: The Minnesota Vikings - 38 Attempts for 211 yards, and a 1.81 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 4: The Philadelphia Eagles - 33 Attempts for 176 yards, and a 1.22 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 5: The Indianapolis Colts - 45 Attempts for 180 yards, and a 1.50 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 6: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 99 yards, and a 1.24 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 7: The Arizona Cardinals - 38 Attempts for 156 yards and a 1.81 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 8: The San Francisco 49ers - 38 Attempts for 232 yards and a 1.73 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 9: The Baltimore Ravens - 41 Attempts for 210 yards and a 1.78 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 10: The Tennessee Titans - 26 Attempts for 225 yards and a 1.37 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 11: The Indianapolis Colts - 36 Attempts for 264 yards and a 1.50 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 12: The Baltimore Ravens - 48 Attempts for 285 yards and a 2.09 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 13: Washington - 30 Attempts for 248 yards and a 1.20 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 14: The Los Angeles Rams - 35 Attempts for 162 yards and a 1.09 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 15: The Dallas Cowboys - 45 Attempts for 263 yards and a 1.96 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 16: The Arizona Cardinals - 40 Attempts for 253 yards and a 1.48 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 17: The Baltimore Ravens - 44 Attempts for 223 yards and a 2.10 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC West: 6
AFC South: 3
NFC East: 3
AFC North: 3
NFC North: 2

Loser Divisions:
AFC East: 0
AFC West: 0
NFC South: 0

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Man, I can't believe Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't get any votes for being the season leader at establishing the run for the Dolphins, and the oldest player ever to lead his team.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm at work phone posting. Can someone sum up all the winners stats for weeks 1-17 so we can see what the hypothetical establish the run team season total was? We can omit the terrible rams week if we want to simulate a bye.

I could also do it when I get home.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
End of Season Award Nominations time:

Team Awards
Establish the Run Champions - The team that most exemplified establishing the run for the 2019 NFL Season.

The Moving Wall - The O-Line that even Trent Richardson could find a hole behind. The best overall group of Offensive Linesmen in 2019.

Individual Awards
That Run. - The single play that shows what the run can be in all it's glory.

Individual Establishment - The guy a team went to to Establish the run. Might not be the guy with the top running stats, but if you needed yards on the ground, you were calling his number.

The Beastly Blocker - The best beast mode block of the season. Can be an individual on a play, or the entire O-line on a play.

Quote the part you are nominating. Add a clip or description for the ones that need it. We'll let nominations run a while then will vote.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 3, 2020

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The Ravens set the all time rushing record. Open and shut.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Run Champions stat totals as a team that played 17 games:

667 attempts
3721 yards
5.57 yards per attempt
41 rushing TDs
1.72 R/P ratio

Hell Yeah passing sucks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

EmbryoSteve posted:

Run Champions stat totals as a team that played 17 games:

667 attempts
3721 yards
5.57 yards per attempt
41 rushing TDs
1.72 R/P ratio

Hell Yeah passing sucks

:okpos:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fenrir posted:

The Ravens set the all time rushing record. Open and shut.

More than 1200 yards came from a quarterback. That is a heresy.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Athanatos posted:

Individual Awards
Individual Establishment - The guy a team went to to Establish the run. Might not be the guy with the top running stats, but if you needed yards on the ground, you were calling his number.

While it's true the Ravens set a new bar for team achievement, we absolutely cannot overlook - like we did in the final week of the season - the individual accomplishment of Derrick Henry. Henry only played fifteen games, but he took the rushing yardage crown with 1540 yards (102.7 yards per game!), which itself should be enough for this award.

But the way he did it is surprisingly impressive. Do you know where Henry, who has the most rushing attempts, ranks if you sort by yards before contact? Seventh! Just 567 yards, good for 1.9 yards per rush before contact. But Henry had 973 yards after contact or 3.2 yards per rush after contact. That was the second highest yards per rush after contact in the league, behind a guy who had less than a third of his total yardage.

I say all this as someone who regularly bemoans having to watch the Titans.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The Beastly Blocker - The best beast mode block of the season. Can be an individual on a play, or the entire O-line on a play.

Not a beast mode block per se but a fancy block for beast mode:

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1211484660217393152

Joey Hunt being held/blocking another dude spins and gets a double block. Also joey hunt is tiny for an O lineman 6'2 prob sub 300lbs

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chichevache posted:

More than 1200 yards came from a quarterback. That is a heresy.

He only had 39 rushes on yards designed as passing on 176 rushing attempts this season.

Even though he is a QB, designed runs are still establishing the run.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Since this is a run the football thread, I think we should also nominate the Best Run Stopper.

Allow me to nominate: the week 17 game clock in Seattle.

Athanatos posted:

He only had 39 rushes on yards designed as passing on 176 rushing attempts this season.

Even though he is a QB, designed runs are still establishing the run.

I disagree.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
My favorite block of the season was on a pass play:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1196903437700665349

I'll leave it to the jury to decide if it can be nominated.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Athanatos posted:

My favorite block of the season was on a pass play:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1196903437700665349

I'll leave it to the jury to decide if it can be nominated.

It kills me to say it, but probably any of Kittle's run blocks will do.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1206339133750284288?s=19

Edit

Here is another great one. Three blocks on one play.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1175481844298440705?s=19

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 4, 2020

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Athanatos posted:

Team Awards
Establish the Run Champions - The team that most exemplified establishing the run for the 2019 NFL Season.
This should go without saying. The Baltimore Ravens

Athanatos posted:

Individual Awards

As much as I’d like to make a homer pick, I won’t here. Instead, I’ll second the nod for Derrick Henry from the Tennessee Titans. Man led the league in rush yards, after all.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Also if we're still doing the weekly for the playoffs, it's the Titans. I don't care about the numbers, Derrick Henry (who should also win individual for the year) knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs. On the road.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

I disagree.
Then you're a dumb dumb. QB designed runs are clearly Run Establishment, especially since you're choosing to use even the "passing position" to Establish The drat Run instead.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Skip the voting and give Henry the individual award.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Yeah, we pretty much need these 3:

The Moving Wall - The O-Line that even Trent Richardson could find a hole behind. The best overall group of Offensive Linesmen in 2019.

The other 2 are pretty locked in.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Athanatos posted:

All right, blatant homer pick and let the Inquisition come at me, but...

This Lamar Jackson run against the Bengals. You know the one—the spin move touchdown run.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's beautiful but that one can't count. I figure it's one of Henry's runs because Chubb's best run was just the typical 80 yard TD after blowing through a stacked box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont read this thread im just clicking on everything in post tom death euphoria but basically anything about the run this season should just be like 99% ravens stuff and its not really close. if u want to make rules to make that not true i guess you can have ur fake thread with phony awards if u can live with the shame of knowing that i know