Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So the Vikings improved on their running in week 2 with 198 yards from 27 carries, but shamefully established the pass with 32 attempts, sealing their doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The 49ers are likely to be candidates for week 2. Their two leading rushers (Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert) put up 204 yards on 25 attempts and called a run play on 61.76% of their plays, the highest in the NFL this week.

Vando posted:

So the Vikings improved on their running in week 2 with 198 yards from 27 carries, but shamefully established the pass with 32 attempts, sealing their doom.

The gods spoke their anger in those two picks which cost Minnesota the game. If they had run the ball, who knows what wouldn't happened there

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings

Divisions:
NFC North: 1
Everyone Else: 0

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The Cardinals did not establish the run this week.

11 attempts for 20 yards.

Pathetic!

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

The Seattle Seahawks established the run in week two, going for 151 yards on 33 carries with 1 rushing TD, and most importantly, iced the game by converting a 4th and 1 by rushing for the first down instead of taking a long fieldgoal.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Though the 49ers should win the week for Establishing the Run, the Seahawks deserve an honorable mention for running on 4th and 1 to beat the Steelers; a field goal would have given the Steelers a chance to win, and was the cowards’ way out.

Edit - actually, no, give it to the Seahawks for the balls that took.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 16, 2019

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Everyone needs to understand the run is never established, it is in a constant state of being established

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Bears learned their lesson from Week 1 and established the run in Week 2 running 29 times for 153 yards. Running the ball two more times than passing, and they used six different rushers too.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bears learned their lesson from Week 1 and established the run in Week 2 running 29 times for 153 yards. Running the ball two more times than passing, and they used six different rushers too.

Nine runs in a row resulting in a score.

That's setting up for the establishment of the run.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Pats D/ST established the run and also established the fun imho

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

marxismftw posted:

The Seattle Seahawks established the run in week two, going for 151 yards on 33 carries with 1 rushing TD, and most importantly, iced the game by converting a 4th and 1 by rushing for the first down instead of taking a long fieldgoal.

35 pass attempts? A shameful establishment.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ravens currently lead the league both in attempts (79) and yards (447), so far the coveted NFL ETR Champions and best team in the league

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My vote is with the niners. If you watch the game, it is absolute domination via the establishment of the run. Almost every time they ran the ball it worked, Raheem Mostert was out there looking like a pro bowler and Breida had some truly beautiful stop/start runs, ending the day with over ten yards per carry on 11 attempts.

They ran the ball the most, they ran the ball SUCCESSFULLY the most, and they generally just dominated their opponent through the zone run game. When they weren't running they were using the run to set up play action deep shots, remember the best kind of pass is a hard run play fake and/or a screen.

Seahawks definitely deserve honorable mention for that ice-cold big-balls 4th down to win the game. If we were voting on a single run, that would be my choice

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hizawk posted:

Nine runs in a row resulting in a score.

That's setting up for the establishment of the run.

Nagy even said after the game that they were going to run it until they scored there.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
A bunch of the Niners so-called passing yards were quick forward pitches, essentially running plays, so their establishment of the run is actually undersold by the stat line

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Play posted:

Seahawks definitely deserve honorable mention for that ice-cold big-balls 4th down to win the game. If we were voting on a single run, that would be my choice

I would like to put forward the motion that you can't establish the run with one single run alone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Establishing the run is just like art; it's never completed, only abandoned.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The 49ers ran the ball 42 times for 259 yards, I don't think anyone else came close to that this week.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I would like to nominate Marlon Mack and the Indianapolis Colts for an honorable mention. Mack carried the ball 20 times for a grand total of 51 yards. That is an absolute commitment to establishing the run.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I would like to nominate Marlon Mack and the Indianapolis Colts for an honorable mention. Mack carried the ball 20 times for a grand total of 51 yards. That is an absolute commitment to establishing the run.

:hmmyes:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Frank Gore 1 yrd TD is the most establishment of the run.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Ravens currently lead the league both in attempts (79) and yards (447), so far the coveted NFL ETR Champions and best team in the league

U can’t argue with da facts people

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
This thread needs to talk about fullbacks

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it looks like Patrick DiMarco (BUF) has 1 yard in 1 attempt with 0 TDs and 0 first downs and James Develin (NE) has 3 yards in 2 attempts with 0 TDs and 1 first down

in short, some vintage FB play right there that surely electrified the fans

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

it looks like Patrick DiMarco (BUF) has 1 yard in 1 attempt with 0 TDs and 0 first downs and James Develin (NE) has 3 yards in 2 attempts with 0 TDs and 1 first down

in short, some vintage FB play right there that surely electrified the fans

Any and all fullback runs should count like 10x towards establishing the run

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Tight ends are just fullbacks of low moral character

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

Mike Gillislee in week 17 of 2006 recorded amazing 28 yards on 24 rushing attempts with 0 TDs, that's some extreme run establishment right there

is this a typo or something? Mike Gillislee was 16 in 2006 (edit: ah yeah it was this gem of a game https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601030buf.htm)

but otherwise totally believable as a Gillislee stat line

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 17, 2019

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sorry, I meant 2016

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm tempted to vote for the 49ers because the run was established and it is good.

But deep down I need to vote for the Ravens because their QB established the run and that is #blessed

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Have you heard the story of Jimmy Kleinsausser the Large? It's not a story the pass happy NFL would tell you.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Week 2 DEtR Rankings

The NFC North worked the hardest at establishing the run this week and were the most successful as well. NFC West in a close second.

2019 Season DEtR Rankings

The NFC West is trying their hardest to establish the run while the AFC South is finding the most success.

Everyone laugh at the peasants in the NFC South

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

In NFL 2K5 I always so kliensasser runs in shortage situations and he was guaranteed 3yd runs. Every time.

Edit:. Woops, I meant Corey Schlesinger.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

OxySnake posted:

Have you heard the story of Jimmy Kleinsausser the Large? It's not a story the pass happy NFL would tell you.

Six to one receiving/rushing TD ratio? A shameful back.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

:hmmyes:

excluding blocking tight ends, of course, who are integral to establishing the run. those tall, thin divas that are just slightly fatter wide receivers? they can go kick rocks

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Vando posted:

Six to one receiving/rushing TD ratio? A shameful back.

Do not let the stats fool you for they are but a trick. Jimmy Kleinsasser was a FB/TE, whose strength was not catching or passing (192 receptions in 12 years) but of blocking.

Behold a man who was a TE, but whose job it was to help seal the edge, dominate DE and OLB, and ensure that runs were established for as long as possible. So much so, he was active in 7 of the 8 highest rushing seasons in Vikings history.

He was also a man who looked like this

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
This is now the Jimmy Flyin' Saucer tribute thread, everyone name your fave blocking TEs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vando posted:

This is now the Jimmy Flyin' Saucer tribute thread, everyone name your fave blocking TEs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

captain david morgan. unless he is a white supremacist. I don't know anything about him, but if he's bad as a person then I don't like him. But

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Any and all fullback runs should count like 10x towards establishing the run

Always give the fullback the ball with 1 yard needed in the 4th.

Every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Looks like the 9ers are the Establish the Run winners this week:

Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings - 46 Attempts for 265 yards, and a 3.80 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 2: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 259 yards, and a 1.62 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC North: 1
NFC West: 1
Everyone Else: 0

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 19, 2019