Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Athanatos posted:

Looks like the 9ers are the Establish the Run winners this week:

Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings - 46 Attempts for 265 yards, and a 3.80 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 2: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 259 yards, and a 1.62 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC North: 1
NFC West: 1
Everyone Else: 0

Good gooood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Athanatos posted:

Week 1: The Minnesota Vikings - 46 Attempts for 265 yards, and a 3.80 Run/Pass Ratio
Week 2: The San Francisco 49ers - 42 Run Attempts for 259 yards, and a 1.62 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC North: 1

Honorable mention to the Ravens, who have had two exemplary weeks, not quite enough to win but they will reach these hallowed halls before long

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Athanatos posted:

<-----------------------------

This is how excited I am

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

Honorable mention to the Ravens, who have had two exemplary weeks, not quite enough to win but they will reach these hallowed halls before long

At the rate they're going, they could very well win the season.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Their QB is a heretic.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27623968

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
May I submit for your viewing pleasure this classic game of establishing the run?

https://youtu.be/hO3lL80SHIE

46 rushes and only 22 cowardly passes from the Eagles.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He's just telling them what they want to hear, obviously, and I refuse to believe otherwise

The media is in the tank for Big Pass, everyone knows that

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Frank Gore again just establishing that run.

Wearing some lovely crusty shoes like I would to mow the lawn.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

For week 3 I would like to again nominate the Vikings for running 32 times vs 21 passes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hello,

Recently, I ran into some road bumps in life that have effected my faith in Establishing the Run. I want to stay a good Establishmentarian, but i have been struggling with Cris Carson lately. How do the rest of you stay faithful in times like these?

Sincerely,
Sleepless in Seattle

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chichevache posted:

Hello,

Recently, I ran into some road bumps in life that have effected my faith in Establishing the Run. I want to stay a good Establishmentarian, but i have been struggling with Cris Carson lately. How do the rest of you stay faithful in times like these?

Sincerely,
Sleepless in Seattle

Pray to our lord and say 10 halfback dives my son

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DariusLikewise posted:

Pray to our lord and say 10 quarterback dives my son

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

OxySnake posted:

For week 3 I would like to again nominate the Vikings for running 32 times vs 21 passes.

:hmmyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Sleepless in Seattle

if Establishing the Run is gospel, then Brian Schottenheimer is the anti christ.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Sleepless in Seattle

In times like this we must look to those who are cursed to cheer for the pass.

You must pray your coach sees the light, and makes a move for the backup to become the starter.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I would like to nominate Mark Ingram the ETR champion of week 3, because besides his statline (16 for 103 yds, 3 TDs) he actually punched the logo of the team who was beating Baltimore's rear end with nothing but passes in a sheer display of disgust

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1176122043269558273?s=19

MIN and SF at the top, also the 2 weekly champs.

:whatup:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chokes McGee posted:

Always give the fullback the ball with 1 yard needed in the 4th.

Every time.

Mike Alstott is the champion of establishing the fullback run.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cook getting obliterated for no gain despite the sick FB block makes that gif even better

Mystic Stylez posted:

I would like to nominate Mark Ingram the ETR champion of week 3, because besides his statline (16 for 103 yds, 3 TDs) he actually punched the logo of the team who was beating Baltimore's rear end with nothing but passes in a sheer display of disgust

That Ingram celebration loving owned and he should definitely be recognized for his aggressive Establishment Of The Run

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CMC with the longest establishment of his career

also bonus points for juking the safety out of his jock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJ2TWgcDiE

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Who was week 3 champ?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Who was week 3 champ?

We haven't discussed it yet, and it's a bit of a tough week to differentiate because several teams had similar results. Four teams had a rusher go over 100 this week: Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, and Ravens.

The Ravens, who still haven't won, are far and away the best rushing team this season by yards per game at 216. So they would be well-deserving although week 3 was not incredibly notable for them as far as establishing the run.

The Cowboys actually had two RBs go over 100 yards, which is pretty drat notable. Between the two they had 32 rush attempts for 228 yards. So I'd say the Cowboys or the Ravens would be good options

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
In week 3 the Vikings had 38 rush attempts for 211 yards, including a rushing touchdown by a wide receiver which I consider to be establishing the run so hard it's begun stealing the passing game's weapons.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I feel like there should be an obstinacy award for perserverence in the face of overwhelming defense for the team that does like 20 straight runs up the gut for no gain in a losing effort. You don't establish the run by winning, that comes after, if at all.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I vaguely recall the Jaguars once running TJ Yeldon up the gut on the one yard line 4 times in a row for no gain. I don't know if that's failure, or the purest form of success.

e: it was Toby Gerhart but the rest of the story is entirely true.

Vando fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 25, 2019

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Top 5 Ratios this week:

1. Vikings - 1.81 - Won - 38 Runs (Avg 5.6 Yards) 21 Passes
2. Denver - 1.31 - Loss - 38 Runs (Avg 3.9 Yards) 29 Passes
3. 9ers - 1.25 - Won - 40 Runs (Avg 4.2 Yards) 32 Passes
4. Panthers - 1.19 - Won - 31 Runs (Avg 5.6 Yards) 26 Passes
5. Dallas - 1.06 - Won - 34 Runs (Avg 6.9 Yards ) 32 Passes

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My vote is for the Vikes. Both an impressive ratio of runs to passes and yards gained from the run.

:schotty:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I second that vote because of this reason:

Vando posted:

In week 3 the Vikings had 38 rush attempts for 211 yards, including a rushing touchdown by a wide receiver which I consider to be establishing the run so hard it's begun stealing the passing game's weapons.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah that ratio is hard to argue against for the Vikings.

I liked the Cowboys a bit because of the two 100 yard rushers but since 1) it was against the Dolphins and 2) they passed the ball way too much I say congratulations to the Vikings, our first two-time award winner

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Our first 2 time champions, the The Minnesota Vikings are the Establish The Run victors in week 3.

Week 3: The Minnesota Vikings - 38 Attempts for 211 yards, and a 1.81 Run/Pass Ratio

Divisions:
NFC North: 2

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hmm, the week the Vikings abandoned the run is also the week they lost. Tells me everything I need to know.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bears are 5th in the league so far in rushing yards allowed. It’ll be interesting to see how much the Vikes run it on Sunday. Will their faith in the run falter?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bird in a Blender posted:

Bears are 5th in the league so far in rushing yards allowed. It’ll be interesting to see how much the Vikes run it on Sunday. Will their faith in the run falter?

Bears are likely playing without their best interior lineman so the vikes should be successful as long as they don't abandon the run and throw end zone picks like against the packers

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Life is but a series of illusions.

Only The Run is real.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Should we consider an enabling the run razzie type award?

I guess the Dolphins would just win every week after glancing at the stats. The Chiefs give up by far the most yards per carry but they have that annoying thing where they convince teams to stop establishing the run, the Dolphins have no problem giving up 5.4 all day and never making anyone think it's necessary to do anything else.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Play posted:

He's just telling them what they want to hear, obviously, and I refuse to believe otherwise

The media is in the tank for Big Pass, everyone knows that

Not all QBs are intimidated by the nefarious forces of Big Pass.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Attempts > Yards

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Attempts > Yards

Attempts on fourth and long is an honourable mention.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hizawk posted:

Attempts on fourth and long is an honourable mention.

At least the Browns will win something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a draw is a cowardly run play... faking the pass instead of just ramming it down their throat... probably why it didn't work for Freddy