Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who's more hosed this week, Denver or Miami?

if the pats don't go for 100 bill should be fired imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
people were wondering how long AB would be on the Patriots before a massive scandal/distraction and it turns out the answer is like two days. shitheads gonna shithead. fling AB into the sun imo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Brady is a paedo....

this isn't really a funny comeback when the context is an actual, serious allegation of sexual misconduct jsyk

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Fair point,

Then the Pats have a history of bringing in guys with known allegations and charges of sexual assault and seem to do nothing about it.

So throwing stones at one team for having a rapist QB is pretty stupid.

You're not wrong but who else have the Pats "brought in" with charges of sexual assault? Kraft wasn't brought in. Kellen Winslow? I genuinely don't remember any major sexual assault allegations in the last ~15 or so years. I had a quick Google search and all I could find was an SI article on this Eric Naposki guy who played a while ago. We've had a legit murderer but if I'm forgetting a major sexual abuse allegation then I will definitely put my foot in my mouth

e: Edelman was accused of inappropriate touching and I genuinely don't remember that but it's reported on the internet so I guess that's one

barnold fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 11, 2019

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

So what team does AB really want to play for? Is he just going to burn them all for massive signing bonuses and never have to actually play again?

So there are probably 20 more teams that will sign him that is 200 million a year. Not bad.

Boston sports talk is implying heavily this morning that no matter what happens, KC will be ready to add them to their roster should he depart from New England at any point in the foreseeable future because of Tyreek.

They're also saying some guy has proof that the accuser is trying to extort Brown with audio recordings of her conversations which is an ultra gross thing to be speculating about this soon, but I can't say I didn't expect that out of some of these schmucks

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Does the CFL have bad poo poo like this happen a lot? Might pay for local cable instead of the streaming package if not

A cursory Google search shows at least several players this decade who have been released from their CFL contracts for sexual misconduct, so I'm gonna have to go with

Ehud posted:

It's a human being problem.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I meant more teams actually covering for those assholes

The Tiger-Cats apparently had no problem hiring Art Briles until basically the entire world told them what a loving terrible decision that would be and they walked it back less than 24 hours later. I dunno if that counts since Briles never ended up actually working for the team but still, lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

hang on guys let me just bring up Johnny loving Depp to illustrate my point about sexual assault allegations :jerkbag:

I'm looking forward to Bill's press conference in ~5 minutes. Wonder what he's gonna say

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Bill just got hounded off the podium. Nobody, understandably so, wanted to discuss football. Only bombshell there was that Belichick stated that Brown was expected to practice today. Wouldn't confirm whether he was expected to play against the Dolphins.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Anyone tuned into ESPN happen to know what Rosenhaus said? Or has that not happened yet

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

He believes in Antonio and his legal team. He wont discuss whether the Patriots knew about the allegations.

That's about it.

Right as I refreshed the page and read this, 98.5 played the audio coming out of a commercial break. It was exactly what I expected from Rosenhaus. "Hey look I have 2 daughters which means AB didn't do it/you should believe me when I say AB didn't do it" in essence.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

the nfc west - establishing the run
rob kraft - establishing the rub

:eyepop:

quote:

antonio brown - establishing the rape

:vince:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

the fact that pouring drinks on players was referred to as "behavior not reflective of our fanbase" is all the proof anyone should ever need that literally nobody at the Browns organization has a loving clue about being from Cleveland

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I'll tell ya buddy. Unfortunately the negativity thing is something I've had for a long time. I remember in 2001 I went to the Ravens vs Bears opener with my dad. Well there was this football forum I posted on waaay back when and some guy posted a guarantee the Bears would beat the Ravens in week 1. I was like psh no way! The Ravens are invulnerable we are the SB champs and no one can score on our defense." Well we kind of looked like crap most of the game(chicago even moved the ball well on their first drive and almost scored a TD) and for some reason it invaded my brain and I just kept saying the whole game like "omg we'll lose that guy was right". My dad got so annoyed with my negativity during the game he threatened to never go to a game with me again. We did get our poo poo together late in the game but for some reason that game stuck with me and that feeling of unease always crept back. That's just kind of where I remember this sort of thing starting. In 2000 I wasn't negative at all and the only time I really thought we would lose was at Tennessee in the playoffs.

someone buy this as a red text

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Larch posted:

Greg Williams is a motherfucker.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

It's only week 2 so the averages aren't worth much but right now the Patriots are on pace to break the 2013 Broncos record of 606 points scored in a single season. Fuckin' chuck it, Tommy Boy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Two games played, one against a team that just can't figure out the Pat's offense, and another that is already historically bad. So I'd put the brakes on a little pal.

TFF isn't the place for rational, logical takes, you goober. It's Week 3, why take obvious gimmick posts so serious

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Intruder posted:

I think the implication is that the Patriots will soldier forward with AB anyway, the poor souls, feeling so sorry for themselves for having not known the extent of AB's awfulness. But hey, he's under contract so

This is definitely their plan and it's going to suck the entire time.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

fuuuuuuuuck. Where does PIT go from here? I missed the game short of a little RedZone coverage so I didn't get to see Mason Rudolph in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The time has finally come and these ancient elite QBs are going down.

Changing of the guard.