Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Go Bucs Bitch 15-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

sweet thursday posted:

I hear if you bet on them they just burn your money in front of you

I’d put like $50 on them if I gave a poo poo.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

N: Rich Paul is looking to expand to the NFL.

V: Old white owners are probably going to try to prevent it if the NBA is any indication.

V2: I hope he eventually represents college athletes.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

All three of them probably clock a faster 40 time than I do.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Codependent Poster posted:

Brown has always been a shithead and everyone defending him should feel bad

Yep, I thought maybe he was just a neurotic genius but I’ll eat crow on this one.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

CyberPingu posted:

Hes not the most dominant champion in any sport ever though,

Phelps, Bolt, Federer, Nadal all have more "titles" than he does.

Now do team sports.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Doltos posted:

Yep and this forum would have an entirely different opinion if AB was some amazing community member, which is also dangerous. There are a lot of rapists out there convicted every day hiding behind the facade of a community leader.

I think you hate this forum more than you hate rape.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwrighttv/status/1171841497911693313?s=19

They just had a child like a month ago holy poo poo that sucks

Well, that was an unexpected swerve right at the end.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Depends on what you mean by personal growth. Educated on this topic? Maybe. Learned to not shoot off at the mouth about poo poo he doesn’t know about? Probably not.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I feel like football news this season has been 15% injuries and 85% Antonio Brown.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Athanatos posted:

Jets could live without Darnold. He didn't look that great anyway.

Now Bell being out? They're hosed. He looked fantastic and was the only thing on the field that looked worth a poo poo.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

How long before the browns draft another QB?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Darnold should play. Make it biological warfare.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Larch posted:

Troy Polamalu better go in unanimously.

Otherwise the whole thing is a joke.

Why wouldn’t he? He’s arguably a top 5 safety ever.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lamar will probably go 13-20 180 0td 0int in a Ravens win and the hype train will derail

That’s a gritty, “just wins games” (JWG(tm)) statline and you should be ashamed for making it out to be anything else.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’d be okay with the Bucs getting blown the gently caress out for 16 weeks next year if it means we get Lawrence or Tua and drop Jameis.

Or whoever is next year’s Daniel Jones, idgaf. I just want to get rid of Jameis.

Draft a place kicker to move him to QB. Seriously, gently caress Jameis (for reasons unrelated to his performance on the field).

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

I don't mean establishing the run. I mean converting first downs any way you can. That's why the Steelers became so dominant starting in the early 00s. They grabbed two strong WRs with Hines Ward and Plexico Burress and started being able to grab chunks of yardage with their WRs and stay on the field. Then Peyton Manning was a guy who could convert a first down from any down that was 20 or less to go. It was hard to keep them off the field. That's what I mean by sustain. Not that we need to run more.

And yeah when you can KO punch a team it's awesome. But that's not going to happen every week even with a good scoring offense. When you're up by a score or even 10 points as the game goes later on you need that first down conversion ability.

They should’ve tried to play shittier to prepare their fans for better teams, you know?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

He seems like he has a “when it rains it pours, and when it’s sunny out that just means it’ll rain later” kind of attitude.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is similar to what my mom did when she had surgery on her mouth and needed an ice pack for it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m not usually someone cool with dirty play but if someone on the dolphins elbow drops AB’s ballsack WWE style, except real, I would buy their jersey and donate to a gofundme to help pay the fine and help cover whatever lost earnings happen from any suspension.

colachute fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 13, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Retire

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Are injuries increasing? Are we just more aware of what an injury is? Are we just so connected at all times that it just seems like there are more injuries?

I know it’s probably all of the above I just feel like injuries have dramatically increased recently (not just this season).

E: I also feel like this gets brought up every year so maybe it’s just more than it’s going on right now as opposed to remembering it in hindsight.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

How much do playbooks resemble each other from team to team? I imagine there are a bunch of plays that are exactly the same (like the one mentioned in that article comparing the Pats and Chiefs).

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is that the one he chose?

So we are back to the helmet drama?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Kalli posted:

Sort of.

:words:

Thanks, I enjoyed reading this post.

So depending on the system, does a WR only care about the part of the playcall that applies to them? Which means the QB has to remember way more information than everyone else?

This has always been my theory but I’ve never asked.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is Mark Davis on meth? Or has he been a heavy chain smoker for like 30 years?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's something to be said for genetics here.

I don’t know what a picture from last week proves.

gently caress thats hideous

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

There’s an MRA out there fuming about the hypocrisy of the PC police saying you can’t have your dong out but we have to accept breast feeding in public.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Drew Brees will have to win a thumb war to be cleared to play.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope that NFL QB Ben Roethlisberger does not play in the NFL again.

I also hope that he comes back next year and throws like 30 interceptions and his last season is a miserable failure.

So I don’t know what I want.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

What QBs aged 25-35 are good?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I ask that question because once the old guard retires it seems like all of the good QBs (except a few) will be really young. Which is pretty cool.

I’m also not sold on Murray. I can’t get over how small he is.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I understand not hitting defenseless players but why is that the line when it comes to putting your body weight on a player? Does it hurt more to have 300lbs come down on you when you’re throwing the ball than it does when you’re a runner? Why don’t teams get penalties when there’s a pile of players fighting for a fumble? Someone is at the bottom of those piles, after all.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

At least Flacco is getting the moral victory over Trubisky. I’m sure he would take that over the W and Trubisky’s stat line.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Remember when a guy body slammed a woman on a bed of rifles and he still played?

This isn’t a *~*Patriots*~* or Belichick problem. This is an NFL problem. Pinning the blame on just the team that facilitated it is why the NFL doesn’t give a poo poo to really stop it.

Stop watching, because as long as people watch you’re gonna have rapists playing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's still gross and they should cut him.

I 100% agree. But that doesn’t change the fact that if he’s cut, there will be a rapist playing some other week.

This is how the NFL is. And we support it whether we admit it or not.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Play posted:

regardless of what happens to that player, a team could at least say that they aren't going to have someone like that on their team. that means something in itself. it's not that hard, and there are teams that would do it in this situation. the patriots aren't one of them

And then another team will sign him even though someone took a moral stand. Because this is a league wide issue. You just seem to hate the Patriots and want to make it a Belichick issue.

If Belichick took a stand and cut him, the problem doesn’t go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Its Rinaldo posted:

Guess teams shouldn’t do anything death is certain eat at Arby’s

That wasn’t my point but that’s a good leap.