Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris Wessling was right about everything and every Patriots fan is a nihilist tennis player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Good move for the Jets, I guess? Likely at least decent depth for a sixth.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hooooooly poo poo

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

why would she wait until he's making less money to come out with this, if money was her issue? that doesn't even make sense, unless this is some sort of incredibly long con and she's just a steelers fan who hates what he did to that team (which is also done)

Yeah I don't think even Dave Portnoy is going to go there. The accusations are horrifying and credible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Welp I sure was wrong.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1171599513942777856?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

We’ll trade you one Demaryius Thomas for a 3rd rounder.

The Patriots don’t suspend or release AB is my prediction.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidpwoods/status/1171600637345353729?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I sincerely appreciate the Patriots posters here that want their team to jettison AB, but I think we all kind of know deep down what's going to happen. This will all be an afterthought by Week Four.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if AB get punished more than Hill because he's been a huge pain in the rear end to uptight white guys running two (or three, depending how surprised & pissed Belichick actually is about the news) teams.

His punishment is going to be the result of a combination of craven self interest and personal vindictiveness by the team and the league, with no connection to the seriousness of AB's alleged actions (which are loving terrible.)

I think the punishment will ultimately be left up to the Patriots to decide. LeSean McCoy found himself in a similar situation an offseason or two ago and the league did nothing.

Also, the league is sheepish to dole out any more punishments towards the Patriots after the colossal shitstorm the sports media world kicked up the only time they were ever held remotely accountable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Didn't he also claim to slip on a vase in a separate occasion? Marshall really mellowed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well imagine my shock.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

100%. The Pats put out an empty PR statement to RapSheet that if only they had known they wouldn't have signed him. And yet they know now and nothing will change.

Yeah that was pretty remarkable. I'm not sure how they thought that statement would go over in their heads.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How badly does that gently caress over Pittsburgh?

I think Mason Rudolph might be good tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Asema posted:

he came in when the gameplan was for Big Ben. He'll be actually gameplanned for these next few weeks so we'll see.

I liked him a lot coming out of college. I thought he'd be better than Darnold and Allen.