Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

It's already higher than the game from the 2007 season where they went 16-0 and miami went 1-15

I'm a :patssay: rear end in a top hat and all, but I feel like this is an overreaction.

Ehud posted:

no brian flores is a sleeper agent

The Belichick coaching tree is a disease vector... but the Patriots ALSO lost to lame-rear end Lions and Titans teams coached by ex-Pats doing typical :effort: ex-Pats poo poo, and crapped the bed in Miami last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

quote:

In the first 59 minutes of Sunday night's loss to New England, Roethlisberger threw for exactly 1 yard on New England's half of the field.

:laugh:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That can't be right.

Seems impossible but that's what Football Outsiders posted.

e: Maybe they mean real time and not game clock time, but that seems like an odd/imprecise way to put it? :iiam:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 10, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Proof I'm not :350: (this time, anyway):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Is there an actual story behind that dude trying to take a snap under the guard? Concussion? Trick play gone stupid?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Pats have cut DT twice in one offseason lol

e: I mean technically it's 1 cut and 1 trade to the Jets, but po-tay-to po-tah-to

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 10, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'd hope the league and/or Patriots just say "gently caress it" and suspend/dump/whatever AB. Yiiiiiiiikes.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody should have any standards just shut up and consume

Worked for the Steelers and Big Ben's sex crimes so there's certainly a precedent for doing this instead, though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The real champions are the people who don't care about any of that poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Your team's quarterback is a rapist.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

So what team does AB really want to play for? Is he just going to burn them all for massive signing bonuses and never have to actually play again?

So there are probably 20 more teams that will sign him that is 200 million a year. Not bad.

Huh?

Either this gets ignored :barf: and he just plays for the Pats, or he gets suspended/commissioner's magic list-ed and his career is (at least temporarily) hosed.

e: Compare the guaranteed money he got to what "not publicly known as a child abuser fuckbag" Julio Jones got. As much as Hill got off light he still lost a lot of money because of his poo poo.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 11, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It wouldn't surprise me if AB get punished more than Hill because he's been a huge pain in the rear end to uptight white guys running two (or three, depending how surprised & pissed Belichick actually is about the news) teams.

His punishment is going to be the result of a combination of craven self interest and personal vindictiveness by the team and the league, with no connection to the seriousness of AB's alleged actions (which are loving terrible.)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

japtor posted:

I’d assume the Pats protected themselves too.

Oh yeah. They gave themselves a huge "get out of jail free" card.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1171780783717191680?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Democrazy posted:

Says a lot about the NFL when Josh Gordon is more likely to get suspended or banned than Antonio Brown.

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised they're letting him play in 2019 in spite of :frogsiren: THE DEMON WEED :frogsiren: or whatever the gently caress.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

What? This is an honest question because I've been out of the loop for some time.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I literally meant that as far as anybody knows Julio isn't a scumbag.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Democrazy posted:

Was it ever confirmed that it was pot? I know it was not PEDs.

He took all kinds of recreational drugs, and I don't care about any of them TBH.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Two major neck injuries in 3 years. Yikes. Retire.
My understanding is that noted hand job aficionado Robert Kraft was getting serviced by the house madame and not the slaves.

The prosecutors admitted there was no evidence of human trafficking at all. Not that it stopped goons from endlessly repeating it.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-sex-work-trafficking-florida-823153/

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ketchup vs catsup posted:

That means cutting him is zero cost. Please cut him, Patriots.

All poo poo talking and :patssay: stuff aside, not only do I want AB to gently caress off, but this feels like the perfect guy to :redhammer: if you're an insincere dickhead who wants an easy PR win like Goodell (or Kraft!)

3 teams hate the guy, you don't really need him anyway, the money cost is somewhere between a big "so what" (if you have to pay his guaranteed money only spread out over 2 years) and literally zero (if you invoke the giant "everything is void if you make us look bad" clause), and he hasn't even played a snap yet. Just burn the prick.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'd like to think AB's next contract is gonna be for peanuts but then I look at Tyreek...

Didn't he get like 1/3 the guaranteed money that Julio did, probably entirely because of his off-field scumbagitude?

I mean it should be zero, but still.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You seem really triggered my man. Football men do bad poo poo all of the time, this isn't some weird bullshit attack against the Patriots beyond they were so hot to sign him that they look bad.

That's not really what I'm saying though? I've been arguing AB should be dumped ever since the rape stuff came out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Then why are you saying poo poo about vengeance reprisals against him? You're not even the 3rd team and fanbase he's embarrassed since last Dec

I don't trust the league's disciplinary system for anybody, on any team, for any offense. It just seems to be an arbitrary process run by morons.

That has nothing to do with the fact that this one guy looks like a huge POS with the rape allegations. If he gets whacked by the league I won't feel bad about it at all, but it won't be because the process is good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Simplex posted:

On the other hand Ben Roethlisberger...

With him the rape stories came out before the really bad teammate stories IIRC.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Belichick: "I just answered that question"

Reporter: "Actually you didn't"

Belichick: "Actually I did"

Possible answers from Belichick:

code:
1. Yes
2. No
3. gently caress you, rear end in a top hat <---

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the Kraft story is annoying because it turns out the cops lied like usual, which sucks only in that I want Kraft to suffer, but also think criminalizing sex work is wrongheaded, but the mythical good system that has no human trafficking is also nigh-impossible to implement.

In short, jerking an old man's dick is a land of contrasts.

Best take I've read all day. :hmmyes:

Looks like the DA looking into AB is a big nothing.

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/sta...849908799885312

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwrighttv/status/1171841497911693313?s=19

They just had a child like a month ago holy poo poo that sucks

Goddamn that's terrible :stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

That whole story is one big :stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

colachute posted:

How long before the browns draft another QB?

I imagine they'll purge at least 1 and possibly 2 coaching staffs before they punt on Mayfield unless he transmutes into Ryan Leaf or something.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's going to turn into a big pile of mush and there will be an out of court settlement and everyone will just forget it. :barf:

I mean this morning GMF was singing the praises of noted domestic abuser (including pouring bleach on a little kid!) fuckface Suggs before going into Very Serious mode about AB. It's all bullshit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I thought Suggs retired?

:dadjoke: "He's on the Cardinals, so basically!"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

wyoak posted:

The league consistently looks for loopholes as to why they won't discipline a star and "well there's no criminal investigation" is a pretty big one for them

"Wait for the investigation" is also a super easy dodge.

Especially if AB settles out of court.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Too be fair he was a loving dumbass before the CTE.

It's hard to say since he probably started working on it in elementary school.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fartknocker posted:

NFL Network is replaying the very first Monday Night Football game, between the Browns and Jets in 1970, for those of you curious about the dark ages of NFL offenses.

Worse than the Super Bowl in 2019?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Most seasons the AFCE is :mediocre:, not terrible on a Brownsian scale. There are a shitload of 7-9 to 9-7 seasons in there for the Bills, Jets and Dolphins, with the odd 10-6 or 11-5 to give everybody a nice shock.

2019 is shaping up to be incredibad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

man the steelers gotta be better at keeping things under wraps than any political cleanup crew ive ever heard of

trudeau should have hired em to cover up those finance crimes he apparently did

It unironically makes me think Mike Tomlin is an underrated coach now. They were just able to push through Big Ben being a rapist that every single teammate also personally hates, and also somehow kept AB's combination of sex criming, narcissism and hating his quarterback tamped down for years before it inevitably melted down. His biggest crime is not hiring a DC who can decode the Patriots offense, which basically means maybe Wade Phillips or :iiam: anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d still give it better than 50/50 odds that after this week when the NFL interviews all the parties involved that AB is put on the exempt list.

I feel like the Patriots are going to do a total responsibility dodge and just go along with what the league does (or doesn't) do. If AB gets nuked they aren't going to go out on a limb for him, but if they let him off the hook the Pats will just go "Whelp, league says it's fine so he's playing, everyone can eat a buffet of dicks."

The league has gone soft on so much appalling poo poo (Hill says hi) that I have no idea where this goes. My prefernce is that AB just fucks off already.