Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

the morally correct mystery gang bang buddy is fred, a kindhearted himbo too stupid and insulated by privilege to approach a relationship in terms of power dynamics. despite innate chad energy, he has found his most fulfilling friendships with stoners, stray dogs, and loving dorks, and embraces that fact with no concern for perceived social status. he lacks the complexity to be anything other than a loving and supportive partner.

good luck getting him to choke you tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/PurpleOJ_YT/status/1614007000609837077

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The thing is on paper I like everything about the casting but it just seems like they missed the mark on the show itself.

Oh yeah, apparently the Shaggy and Feed voice actors are killing it while delivering from a cringe script.

https://twitter.com/Stupacabra/status/1613556384817184768

https://twitter.com/BurrfullyThicc/status/1613711535330697217

Just... when I go to Scooby Doo, I don't want meanness. I like when Scooby Doo characters are nice to each other and have a dog.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

the number one thing I use HBO Max for is Sesame Street, which is technically not animated

Studio Ghibli is #2 but you really only watch those so often even with a 2-year-old

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

yeah when I say "Studio Ghibli" I mostly just mean "Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service over and over"

I still haven't watched Ponyo with her yet but my wife has

Oh Ponyo is so good, especially in light of the recent Mermaid reboot. It's protagonists are precocious children instead of a rebellious teen and guy with dog. That tonal foundation makes all the difference.

Soup du Jour posted:

introduce your toddler to the horrors of war and industrialization with princess mononoke

Last week was the first time me and lil me watched Porko Rosso. Week before that we watched nuPinnochio. Mussolini has been on my brain more now than when I was playing HOI4.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Coaaab posted:

ok but what about king of the hill

My favorite anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKyaFTeC7c

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Exactly as I remember KOTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqA2NNEFKQ

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1614711448667820032

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I want streaming trophies for playing the entirety of a prestige series. Would help me screen out da fake ones who just read the vulture articles.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dudes gotta put a talking gun in his mouth and convince it to pull the trigger after these leaks.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im a pedophile morty, i want to gently caress kids just like Jeffrey Epstein

Wubba dubba diddle you~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1614785365901967361

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

lol just turning a generation into Chris Hansen. a decent idea tbh

Ghost Leviathan posted:

isn't this just helldump

Children need to learn war and combat one day. Going to a neopets chatroom and clearing out the pedophiles should be a volunteer opportunity on the same level as cleaning cigarette butts from a park or clearing litter from some highway. Luring a HungryBoi1985 from the chatroom to voip and opening the call with "Hi I'm with GRETA, and this is a sting. Do not hang up your IP address is 127.0.0.1" should be the new rite of passage that replaces hunting a deer.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

So um

You know how I've been posting about how there's no Scooby Doo in Velma

Well,

https://twitter.com/MrYGuy2/status/1615119797766836224?t=m6182z0jezbLqVytPWhAkQ&s=19

They made the dog a black woman

named Scoobi with an I

I think we got hoodwinked... Which made me lol. It is so believable.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

the outsized attention Velma is getting is very obvious to explain: nothing really exciting is going on in the news right now and it's on the front page of the HBOMax app for everyone in America. that's it.

I do agree with her that Mindy did not intentionally make it "ragebait"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Some Guy TT posted:

the pop culture thread must forever live in shame of the fact that we like everyone else believed black woman scoobi was real for a few hours

although really [Pop Culture] a good thing in the long run but for now, it’s just another thing that sucks probably fits

I sent it to my wife before verifying 😭😭😭

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

remember when alec baldwin killed a lady

He busted that union up

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

It was shocking to me to learn that they use real guns on movie sets, let alone real bullets, but, I'm not Alec Baldwin, who should probably have known about this

They shouldn't, there is no practical reason to use live rounds on any set. Even practical effects rely on blanks and replaced pyrotechnics. The live rounds were meant for shooting bottles after hours as some team building thing, Alec Baldwin has bloodlust, or because it's just fun. Absolutely negligent armourer behaviour, her dad should disown her.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

that's why it's involuntary

Alec Baldwin, as head producer on set and owner of the main production house that ran the set signed off on the live ammo purchases, hired the inexperienced armorer, created an unsafe environment that caused a wildcat cinematography strike, pointed a gun at the person guarding the cameras, pulled the trigger.

But of course, he didn't really premeditate it, he's just retarded like most rich people. So he gets charged with "involuntary" I guess

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They broke up 2 years ago.

You might not be the right one. This might not be the right time. But there's something about us.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gramma watched Sing 2 every day with my toddler son for a solid 3 weeks. It is now imprinted on him, he will forever associate mommy pigs, singing gorillas, koala Matthew McConaughey, and one dimensional elephants with feelings of comfort and childhood. I think we picked a good one to MKUltra our baby with.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nonsense posted:

Jim Carrey had more viewers for his two Sonic films than all his others combined.

He deserves it. Motherfuckers went full Spider from Transmetropolitan and got out the Children's Movie game completely. Fully went back up his mountainholm and got the High Hrothgar beard. Then, right before the end of the world he comes outta retirement and knocks it out of the fuckin park.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Se7en was also a good movie

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If hollywood is going to continually reboot things, I hope they start doing it without even saying it's a reboot at all.

Like give me a season-long legal procedural about how a rich mogul could insert his adult son into the public school system as part of a petty wager but don't mention that it's Billy Madison at all.

I fuckin wish for this future

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Anyway the movie is just a Small soldiers remake

Oh hold up. Ok I'll try and fit in watching M3gan someday like I have with PussinBoots

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Some Guy TT posted:

me when creating this thread: give me the nerdiest references you have!!!

me today:

Frosted Flake posted:

My problem with The Last of Us, like any zombie fiction I guess, is that it's trivially easy to kill unarmed, foot-mobile targets. In a crisis that was considered existential, with the amount of ordnance that could be thrown around, and for something as fragile as a fungi, there's no reason CBRN weapons wouldn't be employed. It would still be bad, and I realize there's no plot if national militaries just flatten population centres during the first week, but the genre always makes it out like it's an unsurmountable problem when I'd expect a result about on par with Omdurman, even if the first day was more similar to Khartoum.

no thats too nerdy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nichael posted:

I am invested in the Spokescandy plotline.

I can see the needle they are trying to thread. They're trying their best

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oscar noms just dropped

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My boy Ke Huy Quan better get that Best Supporting Actor.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Antonymous posted:

The oscars are an industry award like if an exclusive American dental association awarded for 'best root canal' and always selected from its own memebers... and somehow the world recognized it as valid.

it's almost completely meaningless who is nominated, wins, loses but they have about a century of american media saying it's the most important award show so it still is even tho you openly have to bribe votes to win

Those bribes we're dope tho, gonna plug Marvelous Mrs Maisel for the rest of my life. My loyalty is valuable yes buy me a tank of gas in a whimsical way and I will promote your show for years..

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I watched You People and it is a treat if you have physically been to all of the cool places in LA that are the real stars of the film. The Establishing Shots are so well crafted and speak to all of the neighborhood in present day 2020s fashion. The rest of the movie blow and takes too drat long to get to a bit that needed to be cut. It's buckwild how Kenya Barris can be so confused as a director about what this movie is about. Eddie Murphy plays his role with absolute Family Drama seriousness. Julia Louise Dreyfuss was given the opposite (comedy focused) direction and went omega California Jewish mom. David Duchovoney was instructed to be as high as he possibly could be and Nia Long was asked to appear and be even less of a character.

Just ughhh. It strictly adheres to the Guess Who's Coming To Dinner structure but takes so god damned long to get to each point that they forget to even build to the breakup. The most romantic chemistry comes early in the film and is entirely in montage. The jokes that are there are only fun if you've done the homework and leave you cold if you haven't. It's just disappointingly bad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mantis42 posted:

How about a game with no cutscenes but you do get locked into a room with NPCs having a conversation for 5 minutes? You can jump around or read the carefully curated newspaper clippings that explain the background lore pinned to the wall.

Pentiment has all the conversation and codex entries you desire in a serious and thoughtful way. It is a choose your own supper adventure. Beautiful storybook presentation.

Frog Detective 1, 2, and 3 has all the conversation. It is a treat. Absolutely adorable game that I would feel comfortable reading to a baby.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ArmZ posted:

rowling is pure projection. she believes the mere existence of trans people is a direct threat to her, and she wants them exterminated.

I don't like the way she describes muggles. Why? Cuz bitch I'm a muggle and I don't like to be called what she calls me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

War and Pieces posted:

what they fail to consider is that autistic nerds relate more to cgi and anime characters than human actors.

More american people learned about racism through Westworld then they did through Roots.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah, make that VHS 2010s money

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Thr3e Batsketeers

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Luann is a Maoist

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Will Smith is so lucky that it was Chris Rock hosting the Oscars.

If Kevin Hart wasnt canceled the previous year or so... Oh man Kevin would have showed old dude what West Philadelphia born and raised really means.

Dave Chappelle wouldn't even have to do anything, Jaime Foxx would have Bodyguard tackled Will as soon as he got up.

Hell, if any white comic was hosting, the academy would have actually punished Will.

Will is so god damned lucky they put the only comic on earth that instinctually puts their hands behind their back to prepare for getting slapped. Punk bitch hasn't even worked out the material for his tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Will Smith unloading an Uzi clip into Chris Rock for making the laziest possible "your wife is bald" joke with a 20 year old reference

It was the mildest not-a-joke that was possible. "Jada, love ya, can't wait to see GI Jane 2" lmao rofl "KEEP MY WIFES NAME OUT YA MOTHERFUCKING MOUTH"

Jada set Will up to do that though. I know deep down in my heart what that married couple look was between them.