Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I need to go back and start with the sprawl trilogy because I'm pretty sure William Gibson got body snatched (rich) at some point. Trying to figure out when that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

yeah it's usually old guys who pooled their money for a little rc runway in a semi-rural area

we have one of these in town and it is DIRECTLY adjacent to the landfill, and they do their stinky little air shows on the weekends when it's nice. i should get out there sometime.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/dizchris/status/1769440693389517278?s=20

reading some replies, this is apparently a Known Issue with Disney parks lmao.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

my cousin wants us to catapult his body through the glass of the bass pro shop pyramid that repo’d his boat

selec
Sep 6, 2003

all my friends were basically on the Watch What The Hell You Want parenting plan and somehow I had the self-knowledge to understand I was way too much of a pussy at age ten to watch the VHS of faces of death or whatever. I didn’t even watch much mainstream horror until I hit my twenties. have never regretted taking my time.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

loquacius posted:

I was a weakling child and got really hosed-up by the Twilight Zone when I was 9

the twilight zone episode where the guy keeps seeing the same man on the side of the road as he drives was an all-loving timer for me as a kid. just such a haunting image, found myself recreating that feeling or homaging it or whatever several times making art as an adult.

the other TV episode that genuinely popped my head open as a child was the two part GI Joe episode where Shipwreck is Truman Showed. like, I wonder if the word “Kafkaesque” ever came up in the writer’s room when they were developing the cartoon to sell toys

selec
Sep 6, 2003

seriously who the gently caress signed off on a dark “nothing is real/paradise is a trap” two parter

https://youtu.be/dabVaor2NlQ?si=qljb_4TscCFUWMid

https://youtu.be/GZB_VKM7Zpo?si=-4xIFS5dqCOpV4Ui

selec
Sep 6, 2003

do we have a “help me find this piece of media I swear existed” thread on the forum?

I am obsessed with locating a headache medicine commercial from the 80s or 90s that used either the original or a cover of “Release Me” by Englebert Humperdinck, which was IIRC a series of slow mo shots of close ups of faces looking pained, and I can never find any evidence it existed beyond my memories of it

selec
Sep 6, 2003

sonatinas posted:

guess this weekend you will have to binge the hours long videos on YouTube that are all 80s 90s commercials

I will not be doing that!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

loquacius posted:

I did a search earlier and there's one from season one called "The Hitch-Hiker" which fits most of this description except that the main character is a woman

it feels like that exact same plot, but the episode I’m remembering was in color, the driver was a man and the guy he kept seeing on the side of the road was somebody who was maybe already dead and he felt some kind of guilt about it.
might’ve been a scientist of some kind.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the guy he was seeing alongside the road was also obviously ghostly/glowy too

selec
Sep 6, 2003

SomethingBeautiful posted:

pretty sure the first run was all in black and white so it would have to be from one of the later series if it was in color, maybe the 80's version?

really does sound kinda like the hitchhiker though which iirc the hitchhiker is death and the woman is already dead

yeah, that trope i am very familiar with—this feels a lot more like a trope about trying to escape something you feel guilty about

selec
Sep 6, 2003

god-tier work. thank you!!!!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

fallout tv show has a 93 on rotten tomatoes rn. feel like an unknown weight I was carrying around was lifted

selec
Sep 6, 2003

fallout leaning really hard on the Chekhov's MacGuffin Injected Into A Scientist's Head trope in episode two a little hard smdh

selec
Sep 6, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

He must be

It's kinda complicated--there wasn't a ton of crossover between Rocafella and Bad Boy in terms of artists/lanes--Rocafella was glitzy and glammy, and you would have some guesting on each other's poo poo, but they were also different crews. I mean Jay-Z fuckin' stabbed Un Rivera lol, there's not a ton of love lost between the two camps over poo poo like that.

I think Jay Z absolutely has skeletons in his closet but I don't think it's hella likely he's that tangled up in Puffy's poo poo. He probably has his own entire parallel setup, for whatever his pervert fantasies are.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the demented insistence on adherence to The Lore falls into the same category as people who do the hosed up Power Scaling analysis. It's people terrified of ambiguity, which is ultimately the unrealized fear of death. If the narrative decisions in a show upset you because of a game that preceded it, you probably need to meditate in your chamber with a decaying corpse for a few months to get over it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the focus on black isle/obsidian lore getting violated is sort of burying the lede, which is that the show contradicts Bethesda’s games too.

again just from the first episode, the vault door for 32/33 is right along the coastline and you can see a pier with a waterfront in it, so it wasn’t concealed at all. the whole point of the vaults is that they’re supposed to be hidden from the outside world to maintain control in Vault-Tec’s behavioral experiments. anybody walking along the coast could’ve found it and tried to crack it open.

and again with character behaviors not making sense: vaults 32 & 33 only interact on occasion to exchange goods and mating pairs, and it’s something they’ve always done. shouldn’t they notice that none of vaults 32’s representatives are recognizable? the fatalities from the grain blight doesn’t explain it away either, because one of the raiders has a full body tattoo that’s peeking out of his vault suit. plus, they think vault 32 has a grain blight but they make no effort at all to control for it. they let the vault 32 party come in without even closing the door.

it’s one thing if it’s just dumb fun where 33 was invaded cuz woke DEI HR management, but I shouldn’t have my suspension of disbelief being broken constantly like this. and it’s not played like a joke. it’s just not funny.

not all vaults were hidden away. vault 76 in FO76 had a parking lot right off the road, not hidden whatsoever.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

finished fallout tonight. wife really enjoyed it too, and we’re looking forward to season two.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

defense against the drake arts

wifi with parental controls fully enabled

selec
Sep 6, 2003

chilly gonzales rules so loving hard. he gets unbelievably sweaty when he's up there humping the boards.

timestamped for great piano playing by exceptionally sweaty man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vmq8kCAYng&t=3258s

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Augus posted:

i don't think it's crass and tasteless to say "please stop sending threats to random people I know because you read tea leaves to determine they're a rapist"

Sunil Tripathi’s family would probably agree.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Monkey Man was good as hell. Dev Patel fucks. Saw somebody say he should be Nightcrawler in a solo X-Men movie, and yeah, I could see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

loquacius posted:

I must see this movie

it’s so good. horny as hell, great cast. if r/relationships existed back then the posts from Kellogg and Oneida followers would’ve been sacred texts by now