Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Just beat blasphemous 2, all in all I had a great time.
I found it easier than the first one.
I think the dualsword is the best weapon for bossing and the censor is the best weapon for clearing random trash monsters.

Total playtime was about 11hours with 98% of the map explored. I have no idea where the last 2% even could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I still need to beat the first game. I know that they added a bunch of stuff but is there anything I should specifically do other than get the standard endings?

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Are there known bugs around item drops? I’m finding I can’t complete the lullaby quest or max my rosary slots even with 100% map completion and walkthroughs.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I just finished it as well, loved everything except the next-to-last boss being orders of magnitude more difficult than anything else in the game.

I want to go back to Blasphemous 1 since I never finished all the DLC, but I feel like it's going to be hard to go back to the insta-kill spikes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Woof, suddenly difficulty goes up a notch as I get to Two Moons

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

King Bahamut posted:

Are there known bugs around item drops? I’m finding I can’t complete the lullaby quest or max my rosary slots even with 100% map completion and walkthroughs.

Not that I know of since I have all the rosary slots. The lullaby quest is being a pain in the rear end and I know the Sigil of the Twisted One puzzle is gonna be impossible without a guide.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Woof, suddenly difficulty goes up a notch as I get to Two Moons

The last zones difficulty spike had me looking up a guide to make sure I wasn't doing the platforming wrong. There was one jump that honestly took me 10 attempts and I breezed through the rest of the game.

The second to last boss I found the most difficult in the game, but I just rushed him down with the dual swords. He died extremely fast once I got the dodge rhythm down

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good LP? All I could find is either suck or no commentary

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I gotta say one thing I expected a different outcome from an NPC quest was the sculptor. Now, I haven't beaten the final boss yet, but so far I haven't found anything more about him (except when his daughter replaces him) and I totally expected that this thing will get a dark turn, the statue will start bleeding or something and he'll go crazy (well he was already blind) but he just ... disappears and the daughter says he needs a rest. And the statue is completely fine too.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

TeaJay posted:

I gotta say one thing I expected a different outcome from an NPC quest was the sculptor. Now, I haven't beaten the final boss yet, but so far I haven't found anything more about him (except when his daughter replaces him) and I totally expected that this thing will get a dark turn, the statue will start bleeding or something and he'll go crazy (well he was already blind) but he just ... disappears and the daughter says he needs a rest. And the statue is completely fine too.

He died. It's why she replaces him and why there's a cherub that lets you do changes to the figures at the...Bonfires.

Sekenr posted:

Can anyone recommend a good LP? All I could find is either suck or no commentary

For all of my LP needs of these kinds of games I usually watch Prod or Lost my Sanity.

Edit: Well now I'm upset. I finished the questline for lullaby and it gives the Tiento to your Thorned Hairs which grants invincibility for a limited time...which would have been REALLY nice for that one boss.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 30, 2023

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Finished the game as well. 19h 42 minutes game time, 94% completion. I'm missing quite a few altar pieces still, found all the cherubs and got the "secret" ending, which was.... a scarf blowing in the wind in a cutscene that lasted for 2 seconds? and also finished the map. Had to do some comparing for the last % but then I noticed a huge chunk in an area which also included the other upgrade for the dualing swords. Whoops. Probably shows how much I used those, even if they'd be good with appropriate buffs.

All in all had a lot of fun, it was a bit easier and less unforgiving than the first one, more streamlined like I said. I really liked the various upgrade systems, they can be modified according to your playstyle. I agree that some weirdness from the first one was lost, and some bosses could've used a bit of work, but there were some excellent ones as well, like the mentioned fencing lady and the elevator boss which I also liked a lot. Music was once again excellent. Sure, liked the pixel art cutscenes better, but there were so few of them altogether that it didn't really bother me, seeing how excellent the actual game graphics were.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Does it still have the NG+ challenge playthrus? Blasphemous 1 had fun stuff like "fervor passively regenerates but your melee damage is halved" so you could do an all-prayers playthru.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Beat the game some hours ago. Legit curious why everyone seems kind of down on the endings since both are very different from one another with different lore implications. I need to look at it entirely, but I like that the True Ending has everyone that's helped The Penitent One through his journey got to go "upstairs" including some of the sainted figures from the games lore like Tentudia, Socorro, and Engracia.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I went with the "secret" ending offering the incense and had look the other one up. I guess I can still get it myself since I can keep playing after the end? But that one definitely seems like a bad ending, whereas in the secret one you are not participating in the rebirth of the Miracle or whatever but instead ascend to sainthood with all your friends you made along the way and the Miracle can gently caress it, I guess - that was my take on it anyway.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there isn’t really a secret ending so much as a good one and a bad one. if you don’t take steps to make the incarnate devotion reject the miracle then it surges back to dominate Cvstodia, which the first game made clear is pretty much terrible all around

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

TeaJay posted:

I went with the "secret" ending offering the incense and had look the other one up. I guess I can still get it myself since I can keep playing after the end? But that one definitely seems like a bad ending, whereas in the secret one you are not participating in the rebirth of the Miracle or whatever but instead ascend to sainthood with all your friends you made along the way and the Miracle can gently caress it, I guess - that was my take on it anyway.

Unless they decide to retcon it, that's basically the True Ending right there that I mentioned.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m missing two cherubs and I don’t know which ones. There’s no easy way to find out, huh?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m missing two cherubs and I don’t know which ones. There’s no easy way to find out, huh?

Yeah there isn't. One of them might be in the lower Site of Grace of the Crown of Towers. That's where I found one. Another hard to find one was in a far side of one of the elevators or the tall rooms of the Basilica(ghost tower with evil paintings).

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah there isn't. One of them might be in the lower Site of Grace of the Crown of Towers. That's where I found one. Another hard to find one was in a far side of one of the elevators or the tall rooms of the Basilica(ghost tower with evil paintings).

I was missing three in the end and one was on the right hand side where you climb to the Elevated temple from the starting city. It's a bit off-screen and I didn't even notice it during the first time I went there.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

TeaJay posted:

I was missing three in the end and one was on the right hand side where you climb to the Elevated temple from the starting city. It's a bit off-screen and I didn't even notice it during the first time I went there.

That was one of the last three I had, and I found that one. Guess I'll just watch Youtube videos of all the locations and see which ones look vaguely unfamiliar.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

My last two were really easy ones I just passed the first time and just didn't return when I had abilities, I think one was in Aqueduct even.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

That was one of the last three I had, and I found that one. Guess I'll just watch Youtube videos of all the locations and see which ones look vaguely unfamiliar.

Here's the list I used.

https://thenerdstash.com/all-cherub-locations-in-blasphemous-2-children-of-the-moonlight/

It's awesome because it breaks up every area and includes pictures of both the cherub and the map locations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Found those cherubs, now the last thing I have is to get all the altarpiece statues. I think my game is bugged though, the only one I don’t have is Trifon and the Forlorn Patio shop guy says he has nothing left to sell. Am I missing something?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

Found those cherubs, now the last thing I have is to get all the altarpiece statues. I think my game is bugged though, the only one I don’t have is Trifon and the Forlorn Patio shop guy says he has nothing left to sell. Am I missing something?

It takes time for him to get new inventory so go out and kill more stuff then come back.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

It takes time for him to get new inventory so go out and kill more stuff then come back.

I got Castula pretty early on and I’ve literally killed everything but the final boss :negative:

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Mons Hubris posted:

trifon is a secret in the old manor zone. There's two old people sitting at a table eating dinner, one of them did be dead. You need to give something to the woman and she'll give you an item you trade for trifon.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

I got Castula pretty early on and I’ve literally killed everything but the final boss :negative:

Hmm...wait did you find the headscarf? You need to find a relevant item and give it to one of them. Manuscript to the old lady and headscarf to the old man. Might need to find it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

Hmm...wait did you find the headscarf? You need to find a relevant item and give it to one of them. Manuscript to the old lady and headscarf to the old man. Might need to find it.

Yeah, I gave the old lady the scroll of the elder or whatever and I still have the cloth of the old woman in my inventory.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, I gave the old lady the scroll of the elder or whatever and I still have the cloth of the old woman in my inventory.

Hmm...Then I dunno. You might have in fact hit a glitch I'm sorry to say.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

Mons Hubris posted:

Same, I got the cloth in my inventory, the old guy alive, and only one of the altarpieces. Not for sale on the patio either

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Only other suggestion would be to wander around doing other sidequests.

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!
Is it possible to fully upgrade all weapons in a single playthrough? I finished it today, but still haven't unlocked all of Sarmiento y Centella's upgrades. I'm bummed I didn't get any unlockables after the end.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Puckanas posted:

Is it possible to fully upgrade all weapons in a single playthrough? I finished it today, but still haven't unlocked all of Sarmiento y Centella's upgrades. I'm bummed I didn't get any unlockables after the end.

Yes...kind of. If you do EVERY questline and scoure the whole map, it is possible to get the necessary upgrades. The figure 8 puzzle is gonna be the hardest though.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys! Here's a guy beating all of the Blasphemous 2 bosses without using any prayers or chants or altarpieces and taking no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThZLh0uziNU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
So I'm at Sindo, the many faces boss and I'm like man this is a slog, I better go look around for upgrades. In the process of this I found out there's a menu where you can upgrade your weapons, imagine my shock! I thought getting the upgrade statues just made them better, didn't know there was more to it.

Enjoying the game, my review is "The best DS Castlevania". I don't know if that's because I've played it mostly on the deck but those are the vibes I get.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am playing through the first game and I am confused; I thought the third ending was locked behind NG+, but I was able to access Perpetva's Grave and get the item from there.

I want to see all three endings but I am seeing conflicting things about if they are possible to do in one playthrough.

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!

Unlucky7 posted:

I am playing through the first game and I am confused; I thought the third ending was locked behind NG+, but I was able to access Perpetva's Grave and get the item from there.

I want to see all three endings but I am seeing conflicting things about if they are possible to do in one playthrough.

No, you can do the new ending on a regular new game, the stuff that mandates you being on new game + are The Amanecidas, a sidequest centered around 5 optional bosses that don't spawn on a fresh game, and they're hard/fun as gently caress.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Puckanas posted:

No, you can do the new ending on a regular new game, the stuff that mandates you being on new game + are The Amanecidas, a sidequest centered around 5 optional bosses that don't spawn on a fresh game, and they're hard/fun as gently caress.

Insanely dope music too.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Puckanas posted:

Yo whaaaaat? My habit of dropping games at the last boss coming back to bite me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!

ilmucche posted:

Yo whaaaaat? My habit of dropping games at the last boss coming back to bite me

Just a caveat, you have to do a sidequest involving Esdras and his sister and defeat two new DLC bosess before you tackle Chrysanta (The boss before the pope) if you beat Chrysanta before doing that sidequest you're out luck until New Game +.