Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dammit

Blasphemous 1 looked really cool so I decided to take the plunge with 2.
After 10+ tries trying to take out 2 of the first 3 bosses I ran into Emry and I just can't right now.
It's only been 5 tries or so but I just can't avoid his bullshit. I just can't.
I don't know if I'm in a different headspace than when I played Elden Ring or if Blasphemous doesn't have the same crutches but I've never been good at these kind of games and I don't know if I have the patience to get through this one.
I know this is easy for a lot of you. But I am not a lot of you. This stuff is hard for me.
This isn't on the game but just...dammit. I wish I had the mindset or the skills or the reaction time or w/e to deal with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ChrisBTY posted:

Dammit

Blasphemous 1 looked really cool so I decided to take the plunge with 2.
After 10+ tries trying to take out 2 of the first 3 bosses I ran into Emry and I just can't right now.
It's only been 5 tries or so but I just can't avoid his bullshit. I just can't.
I don't know if I'm in a different headspace than when I played Elden Ring or if Blasphemous doesn't have the same crutches but I've never been good at these kind of games and I don't know if I have the patience to get through this one.
I know this is easy for a lot of you. But I am not a lot of you. This stuff is hard for me.
This isn't on the game but just...dammit. I wish I had the mindset or the skills or the reaction time or w/e to deal with this.

He was REALLY hard for me too and I've put hours into the first one. My suggestion is to wander around a bit and practice as well as tweak your little statues to see if you can find a good combination.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You can slide under his spinning top move and block just about everything else. Use the regular sword for that guy. The dual swords suck rear end for 90% of the game and then the upgrades make them snowball out of control. The censer hits hard but can't block, and blocking will save your bacon on that boss.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Horace Kinch posted:

You can slide under his spinning top move and block just about everything else. Use the regular sword for that guy. The dual swords suck rear end for 90% of the game and then the upgrades make them snowball out of control. The censer hits hard but can't block, and blocking will save your bacon on that boss.

The dual swords are MONSTROUSLY overpowered, but have the most insane learning curve and requirements to get them there, but once there, they can trivialize almost any boss.

Besides that yeah this is the way to go.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

doomrider7 posted:

The dual swords are MONSTROUSLY overpowered, but have the most insane learning curve and requirements to get them there, but once there, they can trivialize almost any boss.

Besides that yeah this is the way to go.

In the most recent patch they mentioned fixing a bug where the dual swords were hitting multiple times when they should only hit once. I wonder if that changes how much of a blender they are.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Hackan Slash posted:

In the most recent patch they mentioned fixing a bug where the dual swords were hitting multiple times when they should only hit once. I wonder if that changes how much of a blender they are.

Yeah I saw. Am wondering about that myself since there was also mention of elemental damage too.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Horace Kinch posted:

Where I got frustrated was where I realized I could slide through the block initially. Then he did the double top. Which still wasn't hard. But the triple top hits me before I could slide again. And then everything else in his extended bag of tricks just bewildered me and I couldn't figure anything out.
I supposed I should try again. Not right now though. Sleepy.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Picking the Censer Mace makes the game 100% easier from beginning to end. But especially the beginning. It’s massive multi hit attack arc allows you to beat just about any enemy or boss in safety using the patented Symphony of the Night “Aerial attack at the height of your jump while moving backwards”. Sure the Dual Swords can get some nasty boss dps in the late game, both that’s only after a ton of upgrades to unlock its actual abilities, leaving you with a glorified toothpick for a good chunk of the game. The Censer is OP out the gate, and it’s upgrades unlock new avenues of cheese to abuse.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I went to Emery after I beat three first bosses and I had the altarpiece resonance that gave +15% damage to Ruego al Alba (and likely some other bonuses too) and I think I got the second tier unlocked for it too, so it was not incredibly hard for me. If you use Ruego, get some upgrades on Blood pact and go to town on him with it.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I beat him after another half dozen tries. Probably not many tries in the grand scheme of things but I'm easily disheartened.
Then I spent the rest of the night Exploring the map with double jump and later, air dash. Right now I'm fighting the boss(?) in the sea of ink. The one with no healthbar. I can also go through the Elevated Temples. I'm stonewalled on one side because of a gauntlet that involves one those updated 'guys who have the lightning magic and the upward slice' (I hate not knowing names) except this one has a much nastier mystic spell
Is it wrong that I call The guy who gives you/fixes the Maiden piece 'The Honeycomb Hideout guy'?