Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

maybe they should be better quarterbacks then tbh
Why don’t you just make more money if you don’t like being so poor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
To be fair, Cam sprained his ankle week 3 9f preseason. Doesn't explain his throws though. They weren't even close most of the time.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ron Rivera being hilariously overdue to get fired is one frustration point Panthers fans know well and have become accustomed by now, but watching Cam absolutely fall apart is so loving depressing. It really says something that I'm much more despondent about this loss than I am angry. It's just...sad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
RIP cam the refs never protected you

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Diva Cupcake posted:

Why don’t you just make more money if you don’t like being so poor?

look, if they can't perform as well as the greatest quarterback of all time, then they're just garbage

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Brady would have retired a decade ago if he took the hits that cam has to take with no flags

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Metapod posted:

RIP cam the refs never protected you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Luck lives in the most boring boomer suburb in the most boring state lol.

This is why you have Cam move in next door for the wacky hijinks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

in the super bowl wade figured out that the refs wouldn't call poo poo on cam, especially if he was running the read option. This was a combination of him kinda being a running back, and the refs not giving a poo poo because he was so big.

Shula never realized or didn't care, so in 2016/2017 cam was just taking kill shots every single play. And as the refs kept ignoring the hits, they got worse and worse. I remember one Falcons game specifically where they just just diving straight into his helmet head first, arms down, trying to knock him out.

The hit in pittsburgh that blew up his shoulder wasn't even that bad; it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

The Panthers wasted Cam and Luke for a decade. And now Ron is going to murder CMC in a lost season to hold on to his job.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hate to see it

https://twitter.com/KDPomp/status/1172347488227004416?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

people are so dumb

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh man blue shirt just throwing sucker punches out there

also lmao that crowd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RG3 gonna outlast Luck and Cam in the league :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
O lord my friends out here saying cam got what he deserved with his playstyle

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

That was definitely a feel worse about the Panthers then good about the Buccaneers kinda game.

Watching the Bucs just stomp the Panthers on D over and over and over again was.... unexpected to say the least.

The Bucs have an acceptable defense. We started seeing it in the preseason when they really were not allowing teams to move the ball much, and it's continued into their first couple games. Remember, without the TWO Jameis pick sixes the game against the niners would've been 17-17, and there was another pick as well.

Although, they have yet to face a truly good offense so we'll have to see how they hold up in those situations. But they seem very very strong against the run which makes it difficult for teams to keep things in rhythm

I'm sad about Cam. He's given me so many great memories and while I didn't want to believe all of you saying he's washed, he certainly looked it :smith:

MacheteZombie posted:

O lord my friends out here saying cam got what he deserved with his playstyle

Please punch them in the face for me? Just a little bit? Feel free to use a blunt object if you don't want to hurt your hands

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Play posted:

The Bucs have an acceptable defense. We started seeing it in the preseason when they really were not allowing teams to move the ball much, and it's continued into their first couple games. Remember, without the TWO Jameis pick sixes the game against the niners would've been 17-17, and there was another pick as well.

there were open receivers all over the field last night. Samuel was alone for most of the game.

They just took away cam's dump off and blitzed, deciding they were going to make him prove he could beat them.

He couldn't.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

there were open receivers all over the field last night. Samuel was alone for most of the game.

They just took away cam's dump off and blitzed, deciding they were going to make him prove he could beat them.

He couldn't.

I was more talking about the run game and the defensive line. The Panthers weren't made to throw 50 times a game even when Cam was healthy. There were a decent number of open throws missed but the Bucs did a good job forcing Cam to try

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Play posted:

Please punch them in the face for me? Just a little bit? Feel free to use a blunt object if you don't want to hurt your hands

It's really dumb. Even as a trolling argument it's just stupid.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MacheteZombie posted:

It's really dumb. Even as a trolling argument it's just stupid.

The only time this is true is when players run for the sideline then do that little fake ooh am i stepping out dance then go back in because defenders have to pull up on them.

Once you pull that once, defenders should have free reign to kill you until you're past the foot of white on the sideline.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

The only time this is true is when players run for the sideline then do that little fake ooh am i stepping out dance then go back in because defenders have to pull up on them.

Once you pull that once, defenders should have free reign to kill you until you're past the foot of white on the sideline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ueCO7ZoRo

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

One of the analysts said almost that exact thing when Matt Ryan did that last sunday.

Hard to disagree

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Unless it's third down, in which case they basically have to try to pick it up and defenders need to realize that and plan accordingly

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I mean Cam being a power runner is what made him so unique as a talent doesn't help his longevity as goes. That said refs let him get cheap shotted to hell and back

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bucs defense shows so much improvement from last year, which I guess is just damning with faint praise, but it's still nice to see. We really kept their run game in check which forced Cam to make a bunch of those terrible throws.

loving injuries, though! Lost 3 players, including Devin White, loving hell. Thursday night games should be abolished.

I noticed that Jameis was making a shitload of safe throws that couldn't be picked off if they went astray, like shots to the sidelines designed to go out of bounds if the receiver can't make the catch. I guess that's as good a trick as any to keep him from turning the ball over, but he drat well tried anyway. Thank gently caress the Panther defender dropped that one potential pick.

I look forward to seeing how our D performs against an offense that's really clicking and hopefully with a W safely eaten, Jameis can get a little confidence back and make better throwing decisions (spoilers - he will not do this)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I think the reason Cam was overthrowing so bad is he's trying to throw the ball faster by throwing it harder. If the balls keep falling short, it'd probably mean loss of arm strength, but I think he's trying to zip it as fast as he can. It still just floats out there like a pop fly. He had plenty of space to work on some of those deeps throws and was completely off.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I love Cam and it’s sad to see him in pain and struggling.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I only own one football jersey and it’s Cam Newton.

Tis a sad day.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cam needs to take off a Luck season and have the throwing guy teach him to throw but instead of retire come back and own the NFL again. Also head to europe for some of those good old stem cell steroid cocktails.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Cam needs to take off a Luck season and have the throwing guy teach him to throw but instead of retire come back and own the NFL again. Also head to europe for some of those good old stem cell steroid cocktails.

He knows how to throw. His shoulder won't do what it's meant to do and he's not at all able to mechanically do what he should. It's not a technique issue at this point.

You don't go from Brett Favre arm strength to Christian ponder because you forget how to toss one. He's broken.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Fire Doug Marrone holy poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cowboys good

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Way to blow it against a crap team, Chargers.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Solid performance all around by the 49ers. Jimmy looked good, run was established, Brieda had more than 100 yards. Defense did their job. On the road nonetheless. Again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm gonna slit Doug Marrone's throat

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
What did Marrone do

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Kirk Cousins is poop from a butt and there's no outcome of the Packers game that would change my mind

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My hot take is Doug Marrone should be the lifetime coach of the Jaguars.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Refs bad. Jackson -> Hollywood Brown good.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sheen Sheen posted:

What did Marrone do
Gardner Minshew put the team on his back and tied the game up single-handedly

Marrone went for 2.. by running the corpse of Leonard Fournette up the middle. short. game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Sheen Sheen posted:

What did Marrone do

Minshew carved up the Texans' D, scored a touchdown, then Marrone called a play for Fournette to run up the middle on the 2 point conversion after Houston showed no ability to stop the Jags' passing attack. Cowardly rear end playcall that costed the Jags a chance to win the game.

Also he got into a sideline pissing contest with Jalen Ramsay, so. Things are going real great in Jacksonville right now.