Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Went for two in the last seconds and instead of letting the QB that was hot as hell make a play, he called a run to Fournette who sucks poo poo, which ironically is what Marrone also sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

JT Jag posted:

Gardner Minshew put the team on his back and tied the game up single-handedly

Marrone went for 2.. by running the corpse of Leonard Fournette up the middle. short. game over.

I hope Jalen punches him again

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

JT Jag posted:

I'm gonna slit Doug Marrone's throat

Not if I get to him first

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Giants could very well go 0 for 3 on their first round picks if Jones finally gets the call to start and can't hold onto the ball whenever he gets hit.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Between a poo poo head coach and a top five cornerback I think I'm gonna side with the guy worth a drat thing, by the way.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God Lamar Jackson really can be a generational QB if he keeps improving. He's so drat good and multidimensional in his game. And I love those outside runs he makes where he doesn't get touched. You saw some of the old Lamar in the 2nd half so he's not totally gone. But then on that last throw, man that was an all-pro play. He's just gotta keep on improving.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Kirios posted:

Between a poo poo head coach and a top five cornerback I think I'm gonna side with the guy worth a drat thing, by the way.

It's likely Coughlin making the call, so it could honestly go either way. Which one is more punctual?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mason rudolph looks like a player.

finally the steelers catch a break.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dirty as hell

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/status/1173320661500121090?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I totally thought that Marrone had gotten fired after last year.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills scared me by going into the tank all 3rd quarter, but they managed to pull it together and keep the Giants down. Worried they’ll do it against a good team and get wrecked though.
I hope Devin Singletary’s hammy is okay though. :ohdear:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is Mark Andrews a generational TE

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/surrender_index/status/1173327918920945664

:wtc: was the plan here?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Miami Dolphins total net yards passing today: 142
New England Patriots yards from pick-sixes today: 123

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

God Lamar Jackson really can be a generational QB if he keeps improving. He's so drat good and multidimensional in his game. And I love those outside runs he makes where he doesn't get touched. You saw some of the old Lamar in the 2nd half so he's not totally gone. But then on that last throw, man that was an all-pro play. He's just gotta keep on improving.

You were so down on him last year. Are you sure you didn't break your neck doing a 180 so quickly?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is Mark Andrews a generational TE

No. But he's a good one!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hmm Kirk Cousins might suck

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

You were so down on him last year. Are you sure you didn't break your neck doing a 180 so quickly?

Wrong!! I wasn't down on him last year except when he was drafted but I was probably one of his bigger supporters last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Two missed field goals

Two TDs called back because of penalties.

6 dropped passes.

A fumble at the one yardline.

Way to poo poo yourselves, Chargers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Drunken football fans fighting, a phenomenon unique to the Carolina Panthers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dolphins offense is not an NFL caliber offense. Their line can't block, their receivers can't catch, everyone is playing wrong, they are very, very bad.

The Dolphins defense has some life to it. They aren't great, but they have players and can do make some plays.

But that offense is going to make it extremely hard for them to win a game.

Pats had a bunch of injuries today, hopefully nothing too serious, but they did what they were supposed to, but it's hard to evaluate against that caliber opposition.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Wish our O had let a sack to Suggs, get his HoF case that much higher.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kalli posted:

The Dolphins offense is not an NFL caliber offense. Their line can't block, their receivers can't catch, everyone is playing wrong, they are very, very bad.

The Dolphins defense has some life to it. They aren't great, but they have players and can do make some plays.

But that offense is going to make it extremely hard for them to win a game.

Pats had a bunch of injuries today, hopefully nothing too serious, but they did what they were supposed to, but it's hard to evaluate against that caliber opposition.

I legitimately think they're going 0-16 this year and are going to have a strong case for worst team of all time. They're that bad.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Frank Reich is the best coach in the AFC South, which is some skinniest kid of fat camp praise but if the kid was actually skinny. Fat camp is still a fat camp though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

I legitimately think they're going 0-16 this year and are going to have a strong case for worst team of all time. They're that bad.

They're bad but they're not 1-31 bad

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

And my team won't lose to them this time!

They're definitely an 0-16 candidate but they'll face other teams down the road who are also out of it and don't give a crap so we'll see.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JT Jag posted:

I'm gonna slit Doug Marrone's throat

Don't do this.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

IIRC they had three timeouts.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

To have a best coach in the AFC South implies that there is actually a coach in the AFC South. With how poor their teams are playing there is absolutely no way they have any semblance of a coaching staff. Otherwise, they'd all need to be fired!

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Two missed field goals

Two TDs called back because of penalties.

6 dropped passes.

A fumble at the one yardline.

Way to poo poo yourselves, Chargers

It really was a dogshit performance. Lacked the crispness that has defined the Lynn era so far. They'll still be ok going forward but that was a garbage game the Chargers put on.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Packers offense hadn’t done poo poo, I don’t blame them for punting especially the way Cousins was throwing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Wish our O had let a sack to Suggs, get his HoF case that much higher.

Im thinking they need to move him to 3rd down LB only. They're trying to do way too much with him and he's old and the game against the lions already proved the starting MLBs aren't great at coverage either.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Getting Brissett that up to speed considering how fast the Luck thing went down is impressive, in my view. The defense plays well, the offense is doing pretty well considering a changing of the guard. I'd honestly say Reich is a good coach.

I can't really say the same of Vrable. I don't know what to make of him. If he's gone tomorrow, whatever. If he's here for another three years, I doubt this team is smart enough to hire anyone better anyway.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

It really was a dogshit performance. Lacked the crispness that has defined the Lynn era so far. They'll still be ok going forward but that was a garbage game the Chargers put on.

It's week 2 and this was really uncharacteristic of the team so I'm not too worried. Still though, man.

Ekeler and Jackson continued to flash pretty brightly and the offensive line did a LOT better than last week.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hand Row posted:

Packers offense hadn’t done poo poo, I don’t blame them for punting especially the way Cousins was throwing.

Yeah, I was surprised the Packers picked up a first. If they hadn't, MN would've had a much better shot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bill O'Brien didn't use the first of his three timeouts in the first half until there were 15 seconds left at the Jags 40 yard line. The Texans ended up kicking a FG on 2nd and goal from the 2 with 2 seconds left. Great clock management there, BoB

e: worth mentioning, the Texans took possession with more than 3 minutes left in the half

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

your 2-0 buffalo bills

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly have such a low opinion of BoB that they'd need to get to at least the AFC Championship game for me to not think his rear end needs to get fired after the year. I'm tired of seeing that black hole he calls a buttchin every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Jonathan Fisk posted:

your 2-0 buffalo bills

Kings of New York