Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Only got to watch about a quarter of the Lions-Chargers game and the highlights but lol that two kickers combined to miss row field goals and an extra point in a dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nobody accounts for the unexpected crosswinds that can spontaneously occur when an entire section rips a Little Caesars-fueled fart at the same time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also what does it say about our offensive line that our starting left tackle, who got dominated by Arizona last week, was injured and the rest of the line shut down Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram without him?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/karenehowell/status/1173290343837683712

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just make that tweet the TFF background image.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the better joke was them hosting the tennessee volunteers.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Can someone clarify something for me?

In the Falcons Eagles game, when Julio got his last TD, it looked like an Eagles DB was flattened before the ball was caught? Is that not technically a pick play?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is was technically like 3 kinds of flaggable but gently caress that let something cool happen

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CyberPingu posted:

Can someone clarify something for me?

In the Falcons Eagles game, when Julio got his last TD, it looked like an Eagles DB was flattened before the ball was caught? Is that not technically a pick play?

Ball was thrown behind line of scrimmage and tackle blocked within 1 yard of Los, right? What's the issue?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

Ball was thrown behind line of scrimmage and tackle blocked within 1 yard of Los, right? What's the issue?

I didnt know you could just lay out a DB like that, if its the other way its PI right?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

I didnt know you could just lay out a DB like that, if its the other way its PI right?

The hit occurred like right when Jones caught the ball. Any earlier and yea that would be flagged.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Hand Row posted:

The hit occurred like right when Jones caught the ball. Any earlier and yea that would be flagged.

Hmm yeah it looked on the replays that it was before he caught it but from some replays its instantaneous.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1173627283048935424

rip in piss, rapistman

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Intruder posted:

They're bad but they're not 1-31 bad

They may be exactly that bad, actually. The game against the Ravens was record-setting in its badness and combined with this one against the Pats where they scored 0 points I'm sure even more records were broken. It's looking to be one of the worst teams of the past decade, easily, and possibly much worse than that

This throw was on first down, as impossible as that is to believe. You're a loving dumbass Kurt

what the gently caress

Hopefully this is the end for him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Play posted:

They may be exactly that bad, actually. The game against the Ravens was record-setting in its badness and combined with this one against the Pats where they scored 0 points I'm sure even more records were broken. It's looking to be one of the worst teams of the past decade, easily, and possibly much worse than that

The Dolphins not only scored 0 points, they had 2 plays across midfield and 28 yards of total offense through 3 quarters. They were ugly bad on offense.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Get out of here Big Ben!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

hes no Eli or Rivers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

The Dolphins not only scored 0 points, they had 2 plays across midfield and 28 yards of total offense through 3 quarters. They were ugly bad on offense.

Even when they’d start off well - 1st Downs back to back - they’d have something ridiculous happen like several drops and a sack or a madden like bobble fumble

The players loving *suck*. The gameplans don’t seem that bad.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

hes no Eli or Rivers

Well. He has the same rings as one and 2 more than the other.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hand Row posted:

Just to clarify, can't you block before the ball is caught so long as it's behind the line of scrimmage or am I getting confused. Also I haven't checked the video to see where the block happened, just a general rules question

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Week 2 Aftermath Thread: Ben is with Joey now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bob Socko posted:

Week 2 Aftermath Thread: Ben and Drew are with Joey now

ftfy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

well, turns out so far I was right

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

Just to clarify, can't you block before the ball is caught so long as it's behind the line of scrimmage or am I getting confused. Also I haven't checked the video to see where the block happened, just a general rules question
correct, there's no PI behind the line of scrimmage

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/pff_chiefs/status/1173661213164810240?s=21

:clint:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
"This is Philidelphia's first extra time out" is still melting my brain, but maybe its just a rule I never noticed before

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The absolute gently caress.........

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Miami is bad but I feel like any of the stats about them are realistic right now because the pats and the ravens weren't really superbowl contenders to start the season and the stats reflect that thinking. I know we all know the pats are going to be good but it's hard to qualify that with the stats unless you add in a belichick modifier. Small sample size etc, we've all heard it before.

miami thru 2 games: 384 total yards
cards thru 2 games, 2018: 350 total yards

Interesting thing to ponder though, the cards are the best team in the NFC and 3rd overall per pfr's SRS rating

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Watching the Cards/Ravens game: These are some good rear end QBs. Jackson has a hell of an arm, every pass is 200 mph. Kyler hits everything too, but the playcalling seem to be way shittier. Might just be protecting him with easy passes since it's still early.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The absolute gently caress.........

I have usually heard run blocking is easier and more fun for OL because they get to engage and lead rather than just react and mirror so that makes this even weirder

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Watching the Cards/Ravens game: These are some good rear end QBs. Jackson has a hell of an arm, every pass is 200 mph. Kyler hits everything too, but the playcalling seem to be way shittier. Might just be protecting him with easy passes since it's still early.

That game was fun as hell. Probably the best game of the week for me, and yeah both guys were balling out throwing AND running the ball. Jackson was better overall though and that won the game for the Ravens, but it was a way more enjoyable watch than I was expecting.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dre2Dee2 posted:

"This is Philidelphia's first extra time out" is still melting my brain, but maybe its just a rule I never noticed before

You get 3 timeouts, if a fourth is called (due to injury under 2 minutes) you get the 10 second runoff. If any further are called you get a 5 yard penalty and a 10 second runoff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

You get 3 timeouts, if a fourth is called (due to injury under 2 minutes) you get the 10 second runoff. If any further are called you get a 5 yard penalty and a 10 second runoff.

In this case, though, BOTH teams had injured players, which is why they did not do a ten second runoff and actually charged Philly for its "fourth" timeout. So the difference was both teams having injured players. I think that's how it went anyways, maybe there was a ten second runoff and I didn't notice

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can Erving...the same from Cleveland? Figures he’d go elsewhere and turn out okay yet apparently strangely unusual

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Seriously, the Cardinals aren't bad. Kirk and Fitz make for a great WR Corp, David Johnson is a top ten RB when healthy, Suggs, Jones, and Marsh looks like a good group of pass rushers and on and on. With Kyler steering the ship they are likely on their way to an 8-8 season. Assuming the coach can be a good deal less cowardly. Kicking it on 4th and goal with 2 yards to go is pretty pathetic.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

That game was fun as hell. Probably the best game of the week for me, and yeah both guys were balling out throwing AND running the ball. Jackson was better overall though and that won the game for the Ravens, but it was a way more enjoyable watch than I was expecting.

that last big pass to Hollywood was really heckin good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This was cool:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kyler Murray was incredibly impressive considering it’s his second NFL game ever. He’s gonna be awesome

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Athanatos posted:

This was cool:

Get thee to the highlights thread with this cool poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joke: It's good that the rapist QB is out for the season
Woke: The rapist QB should've had to play injured on a bad Steelers team all years