Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Bread Liar
Kirk Cousins just earned $132,211 per completion today while also turning the ball over 3 times.

Avg yards per completion? 6.9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/1173332032195354625

in 50 years they'll still be called the san diego chargers

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the Bengals are such a raging pollutant dumpster fire that they are threatening to block out the Sun, permanently alter the Earth's climate and their noxious fumes may well alter (or end) the evolution of many species

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Bills looking like a balanced team for once?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Getting Brissett that up to speed considering how fast the Luck thing went down is impressive, in my view. The defense plays well, the offense is doing pretty well considering a changing of the guard. I'd honestly say Reich is a good coach.

I can't really say the same of Vrable. I don't know what to make of him. If he's gone tomorrow, whatever. If he's here for another three years, I doubt this team is smart enough to hire anyone better anyway.

Brissett practiced with the ones all offseason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Steelers/49ers next week. Steelers boutta start 0-3 :getin:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Getting Brissett that up to speed considering how fast the Luck thing went down is impressive, in my view. The defense plays well, the offense is doing pretty well considering a changing of the guard. I'd honestly say Reich is a good coach.

I can't really say the same of Vrable. I don't know what to make of him. If he's gone tomorrow, whatever. If he's here for another three years, I doubt this team is smart enough to hire anyone better anyway.

I think you guys have a good team. I though we were losing the game when you got the last position. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

they had the best fight song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vertical Lime posted:

Maybe all the Spanoses will be dead and they'll come home

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hand Row posted:

Packers offense hadn’t done poo poo, I don’t blame them for punting especially the way Cousins was throwing.

Aside from one throw Cousins was terrible dude. Cooks was good though

https://twitter.com/ZachAJacobson/status/1173334538602172416?s=19

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the nfl cares about player safety

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I just realized we get Jets/Dolphins twice this year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I just realized we get Jets/Dolphins twice this year

dolphins/giants in mid december

my body is ready

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What the Ravens could use in my mind is a real Marshall Faulk or Charlie Garner style pass catching RB. It would fit the offense we're trying to run well and since we're not using WRs that much.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thank you Seahawks for making the Steelers 0-2.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1173332290740637696?s=19

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Aside from one throw Cousins was terrible dude. Cooks was good though

https://twitter.com/ZachAJacobson/status/1173334538602172416?s=19

That’s what I was saying? Don’t put the game on Cousins completing a fourth and 7.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Shadow225 posted:

I think you guys have a good team. I though we were losing the game when you got the last position. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

You guys are good too. It felt very evenly matched, even between errors, which is why I'm grousing on some decisions so hard because it was so drat close. It just comes down to seeing how Vrable handled a fourth down compared to how Reich handled a forth down, and it literally changed the game because it takes away a full minute from Mariota's final drive.

Rematch should be interesting, though I'm betting it goes Indianapolis's way again.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

What the Ravens could use in my mind is a real Marshall Faulk or Charlie Garner style pass catching RB. It would fit the offense we're trying to run well and since we're not using WRs that much.

they should trade like a sixth for kalen ballage

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I decided to look at the Bengals subreddit and made a post about Thom Brennaman being a horrible unwatchable broadcaster who somehow got grandfathered into broadcasting like every Cincinnati sport forever because of his dad and it got instantly deleted.

It makes me appreciate this Safe Space where I can post about how Thom Brennaman being a horrible unwatchable broadcaster who somehow got grandfathered into broadcasting like every Cincinnati sport forever because of his dad. Thank you.

Also re: the Bengals: Better luck next week guys!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, Thom Brennaman sucks

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hand Row posted:

That’s what I was saying? Don’t put the game on Cousins completing a fourth and 7.

Initially I took your statement the same way. It read a bit weird in my head. But I see what you're saying.

My take away from that game is that the Packers offense has a lot of potential, but they're still very sloppy. They were dogshit in short yardage situations even though they were putting together drives and generally moving the ball well. Throw in a couple turnovers when it looked like they might ice the game and it's real lucky they went up 3 scores immediately.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It really is quite hilarious that the Giants aren't starting Daniel Jones this season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ben Roethlisberger looks like he needs Tommy John with the way he was grabbing his elbow.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Hmm Kirk Cousins might suck
I can't watch the Vikings anymore with Kirk "Kissing" Cousins, who isn't the answer, making GBS threads it up as QB

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Chiefs are going to feast on our secondary next week. It will be ugly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cowboys look good and like a mostly complete team. Some mistakes on the field today, but otherwise another good game. :unsmith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just fire Marrone and make Minshew the world's first rookie player/coach. he was basically already his own coach at wazzu.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Starting to think Miami was successful in tanking strategy selection

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've been making GBS threads on Cousins since day one and it hasn't gotten easier to deal with him pooping his pants football-speaking

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Fire Doug Marrone holy poo poo

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I think the Bengals might not be a good team. That has, essentially, always been true, but it might be more apparent this year.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Hell yeah great game to watch gently caress the Steelers

Glad I was on the dk hype train before it was cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
who is shocked

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1173275155809931265

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Aw, Mrs Rivers brought her friends to the game :3:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

DC Murderverse posted:

it is really hard to watch a sport where guys who are good and exciting retire before their time, or continue to play out despite not having it any more while Tom Brady continues to not age and win rings. It's possible that Cam and Andrew Luck, two of the most exciting football prospects and sure-fire number one draft picks of my lifetime play less time combined than that garbage human being and don't win a single ring between the two of them and the first week or so of this season has really hammered that home for me. it's like watching some wall street douche walk down the street and find a hundred dollars stuck to his foot, which he then uses to buy a stupid hat, all while everyone at his firm has to work 80 hours a week just to pay rent

Brady never takes a hit and rarely puts himself in a position to get hurt running some stupid play like a read option or whatever. QB's who like to run have a short shelf life.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I for one am shocked that the QB who reveled in eating huge shots and complimenting the guys who delivered them was forced out of the league young by injuries

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

daslog posted:

Brady never takes a hit and rarely puts himself in a position to get hurt running some stupid play like a read option or whatever. QB's who like to run have a short shelf life.

randall cunningham played for like 15 years in an era where they could hit QBs way harder

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So through 2 games, by statistical arguments, are the Patriots better than the Dolphins are bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
$84 million dollars