Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how did all those talking heads predicting the panthers go 3-13 know about this before the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird! Do the dirty bird!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm really proud of my team and I think they are going to pick up their first win soon. i bet they will win at least one of the next three games, and 1 out of 3 would actually be a great batting average. Baseball sucks very bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I mentioned this before but if they are smart they won't trade Mark Walton, one of the best backups rb in the league based on stats and not because I saw him do well in madden and confused that in my memories with him seeing the field at all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it used to be a pretty big deal. i remember when your team got a monday night football, it felt like they had won a game, just from getting to be on monday night football. That lasted until when the new teams kept coming in, in the 90s. espn killed it with blatantly second-rate and third-rate matchups but it wasn't a huge deal any more starting in the late 90s. i don't know why but this is historically accurate. Might be from the big internet companies like prodigy, or when they started using extensive graphics in 1997. the world got bigger, or smaller, and some things just got lost in the shuffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd say the culture changed during the September 22 1997 game between the Steelers and the Jaguars (playing on Monday night for the first time in their short history) which had one of the craziest endings in MNF history. The Jaguars were up by 2 with almost no time remaining and the Steelers attempted a field goal. Jacksonville blocked it and Chris Hudson returned the ball for a touchdown. During the return, Steelers head coach Bill Cowher cocked his fist back like he was going to throw a punch at Hudson when he was running down the Steelers sideline for the winning score. The extra point was finally kicked about 15 minutes after the cameras had stopped airing the game. This was similar to when the black skinned coach for the Steelers, instead of the white skinned coach, did a similar thing against the Ravens, and people got very mad. No one got mad at the white coach, which is historically accurate

as for people who keep telling me espn didn't get it in the 90s, i know. I said it died with ESPN but already wasn't a big deal anymore in the 90s. here's what I said: espn killed it with blatantly second-rate and third-rate matchups but it wasn't a huge deal any more starting in the late 90s. that might not be worded well, but it implies that the game had lost its luster before espn killed it. my current theory is that It was because of incidents like the above, where racism started becoming popular again.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 17, 2019