Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Florida's OL still cannot run block. This is a big problem for a Dan Mullen team in general. This becomes a bigger problem now that Florida's opponents don't have to account for Franks, who became a respectable, if awkward runner. Since Florida can't run the ball, and their best players on offense are WRs, Florida relied on a short passing game. Kyle Trask was able to execute this while Franks couldn't. That being said, Trask's decision-making was questionable at times and Kentucky should've picked him off once. And Dan Mullen cannot stop calling QB Power so expect to see Emory Jones here and there.

Kentucky absolutely has Todd Grantham figured out, going back to Grantham's time at Louisville. They had the right idea to expose Florida's LBs in coverage, and Kentucky's OL soaked up Grantham's blitzing. Shawn Davis stepping up as the second safety has solved a question coming into the season. Marco Wilson should stay another year, as the dude has just been burnt crisp in both non-cupcake games this year.

LSU and UGA are going to absolutely murder us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Where is he now?

Mizzou.

Gonna be real fun watching him destroy our secondary later this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Why do I feel like Tenn is gonna give UF fits this weekend? Is that natural? Are the UF goons feeling the same way?

Uh, yes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/ainsliestwobits/status/1173982437094973440?s=21

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

My bad football opinion is I don't quite understand the Notre Dame hatred.

They're usually not very good, and if they are, they always get stomped by a real team. I gather that it's because there are a bunch of wake up the echoes fans in the Midwest and Northeast, but they don't really exist in Texas, so they're not bothersome in the slightest.

I think it’s a combination of a few things.

Many of their fans exist because of front-running bullshit. They’ve been preferential treatment in like every bowl system to date in spite of not joining a conference. Their fans are frequently holier-than-thou dickheads who crow about academics and blame poor performance on their “standards.”

One of my best friends is a lifelong ND fan and while I don’t hate ND as much as most people do, I get tired of his horseshit about academics being the real reason they’ve been bad for 25yrs and how no one else has standards for their athletes anymore.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

These anecdotes about "bad" Notre Dame fans makes me think most of y'all haven't had more than passing interactions with Aggies.

Watching hammered be-salmon-shorted 40 year old Georgia dudes angrily barking at small children in Jacksonville is also quite an experience.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

I had like exactly the same experience, but it was a frat dude at LSU.

Why barking? :shrug:

Georgia Bulldogs, although Uga is better at snorting and dying from heat and hemophilia than he is barking.

Not sure about LSU though. Cajuns are weird (and wonderful).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Probation cat. You must've ventured into a political subforum again. :doh: Please don't do that on gameday, we need your various witticisms.

Ate a 6er for talking about the stress of school shootings being valid in spite of their overall statistical improbability. A controversial take.

Gotta keep living up to the avi.

MourningView posted:

Florida fan trying to mock someone else's choice of shorts smh

I'll have you know I haven't worn jorts since middle school.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone said that the gator chomp was like saluting hitler and cupping his balls at the same time and that just tickled me real good

:vince:

That's pretty great.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I gotta be honest i thought Jeremy Pruitt would be panning out a bit better. Doesnt seem like poo poo should be this bad.

Tennessee will never be good as long as Georgia, Clemson and Bama are locking down all the talent from Florida, Georgia, SC/NC, Bama and Tennessee.

Also they can't seem to recruit nationally anymore the way Fulmer could. They always had a good QB from Florida or California or somewhere other than Tennessee.

When I was in high school like every top flight OL/DL/LB in SC and NC would end up at UT or FSU.

Also a lot of this applies to UF to a slightly lesser extent.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 19, 2019

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

What? In this past years class we got:

[snip]

Pruitt is doing just fine with recruiting close to home and nationally considering what a poo poo show we’ve been. Recruiting will get even better if he can start winning.

I never said you guys haven’t recruited somewhat well, but the depth isn’t there and y’all haven’t had the pick of the southeast the way you did like 95-05—not to mention how many classes have been rated highly and haven’t panned out.

Kiffin bailing after a year probably set your program back like ten years on top of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Yeah I agree that you shouldn’t bail on Pruitt and he will ultimately be fine. I guess we are just making two different points largely. I definitely know how quickly fortunes can change in the SEC. UF was 12-1 in 2009 and signed the ‘best ever’ recruiting class in 2010 and by 2013 we were 4-8 with most of that class gone and zero offense.

Bama seems immune to that so far but UGA and Clemson may still flag with some NFL aspirations, coaching turnover and/or midnight chest pains.

Mostly I think Tennessee lacks a lot of the natural recruiting advantages of several nearby program s so Fulmers sustained success is probably unrealistic for the foreseeable future. I should’ve been more specific with the ‘never be good again’. More like ‘never be that good again.’

Then again I’m an idiot rear end in a top hat and I’m wrong about everything so it’s best to ignore me.

Also it’s criminal that we didn’t get legit OG air raid in the SEC. One more reason to hate Fulmer.