Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Asema posted:

The MNF schedule looks real loving bad.

Oh, it can't be that bad.....

9/23 Bears @ Washington
9/30 Bengals @ Steelers
10/7 Browns @ 49ers
10/14 Lions @ Packers
10/21 Patriots @ Jets
10/28 Dolphins @Steelers
11/4 Cowboys @ Giants

:psyberger:

Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The cowboys giants games are almost always good for a variety of reasons

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Goodnight sweet goofus.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 17, 2019

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The Browns are in 4 Primetime games this year LOL.

Of their remaining games half are either primetime or later afternoon games.

A lot of people are gonna be stuck watching the Browns this year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

9/23 Bears @ Washington
9/30 Bengals @ Steelers
10/7 Browns @ 49ers
10/14 Lions @ Packers
10/21 Patriots @ Jets
10/28 Dolphins @Steelers
11/4 Cowboys @ Giants

Oh no

In order:
Two bad teams
Two bad teams
Could be decent?
Mismatch
Mismatch
Two bad teams
Mismatch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lions-Packers is gonna be good. Past 2 seasons aside the games are usually close and sometimes you get an insane ending like the hail mary.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If Baker can get his head out of his rear end the Browns might be pretty good still. Seems like enough pieces are there

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

The Browns are in 4 Primetime games this year LOL.

Of their remaining games half are either primetime or later afternoon games.

A lot of people are gonna be stuck watching the Browns this year.

Would you rather watch the Browns or Miami, the Jets, Giants, Bills, Bears, Steelers, Bengals....

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

9/23 Bears @ Washington
9/30 Bengals @ Steelers
10/7 Browns @ 49ers
10/14 Lions @ Packers
10/21 Patriots @ Jets
10/28 Dolphins @Steelers
11/4 Cowboys @ Giants

Oh no

Darnold may be back for the Pats/Jets game.

Dolphins/Steelers though… we'll see if the Steelers are purposely tanking by then.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Browns at Niners is gonna be a great game. Because I get to see Baker :swoon:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Let's be real here, who cares about Baker when Jimmy is there

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah Baker vs. Jimmy G could be fun.

Trubinsky vs. Keenum… yikes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Darnold may be back for the Pats/Jets game.

Dolphins/Steelers though… we'll see if the Steelers are purposely tanking by then.

I want a repeat of the last Dolphins/Steelers MNF game where that punt got stuck in the ground. It was the most glorious terrible game I've ever watched.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

ESPN moved a bunch of teams that won this week down in their power rankings. Checks out.

ESPN Power Rankings, Week 3

“ESPN” posted:

7. Seattle Seahawks (2-0)

Week 2 ranking: 11

Pleasant surprise: DK Metcalf producing this much, this soon after surgery. It was clear in the offseason that Metcalf would factor heavily into the Seahawks' offense as a rookie. Less clear was when he would start to make an impact once he had minor knee surgery Aug. 20. He made it back by the opener and has seven catches for 150 yards thus far, plus a touchdown that came in a pivotal moment in Seattle's win over Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Seems a little high? The Seahawks barely beat the Bengals in Seattle, whereas the 49ers steamrolled them in Cincinatti. Beating the Steelers at home is cool and good, but against a dead Big Ben for half the game.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Still trying to decide if I want to take a night off my beer league hockey, drive down from Sac, put a $milllion for parking and go see Baker.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Trubinsky continues to play at his current level, at what week do the Bears HAVE to think about trying Daniels?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1173969377902960641?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick Reads is up:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-2-quick-reads

Top half of the article is some analysis about how when a QB gets pressured, they have to make a choice... do they hold onto the ball for as long as possible, taking more sacks, do they throw riskier passes downfield and get intercepted more, or do they throw dumpoffs and throwaways and not move the ball.

Meanwhile....

The top are a bunch of the top QB's and Jimmy G, while down in hell:

33. Josh Rosen -126

quote:

28-of-36 for 444 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. No, those aren't Rosen's splits in any category. That's what Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa did against South Carolina. Just sayin'. As for Rosen, all of his dropbacks this week came in the fourth quarter with the Dolphins down by at least 37 points.

34. Ryan Fitzpatrick -209

quote:

Fitzpatrick's second pass of the game was complete for 15 yards on first-and-10. The next time he picked up a first down, the Dolphins were down by 30 points in the fourth quarter. He had three plays in New England territory: two pick-sixes and a third-down sack. He did not convert any of his seven third-down plays, going 1-of-5 (a 2-yard completion on third-and-14) with two interceptions and two sacks. I swear every word of this write-up is true. Fitzpatrick and Rosen combined for -336 DYAR this week, a total that would set the single-game record for negative DYAR (pending end-of-year opponent adjustments) if it had been done by one player.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

axeil posted:

I want a repeat of the last Dolphins/Steelers MNF game where that punt got stuck in the ground. It was the most glorious terrible game I've ever watched.

back in 2007 when we went 1-15

it's like deja vu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w&t=18s

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is up:

Top half of the article is some analysis about how when a QB gets pressured, they have to make a choice... do they hold onto the ball for as long as possible, taking more sacks, do they throw riskier passes downfield and get intercepted more, or do they throw dumpoffs and throwaways and not move the ball.

Luke Falk better than Trubisky :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1173971060552818691?s=19

116-116 lmao

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

wandler20 posted:

He's loving awful. Seriously, I think he was in the top 5 worst rated lineman in the league last year.

Sounds like next year someone’s gonna pay him $50M cause scar’s gonna make him an pro bowler with a ring.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Apparently the last time his record was .500 was back in 2007

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

"Quarterback W-L" is almost as dumb as "pitcher W-L."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Professor Funk posted:

And Trubisky better than Baker and Matt Ryan!

Lol at the Giants benching Eli just to avoid a conversation about "Are we really gonna induct a QB with a losing record into the Hall of Fame?"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Was Eli ever like one of the best 5 QBs in the league any time during his career? Maybe in 2011 (but probably not)?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Perfectly adequate

edit: Eli is 95 off of the career INT lead there's no loving way he was ever going to get there.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Rate+ indexes your passer rating against the league average that season, so if you were exactly league average in a season you get a rate+ of 100.

Eli's average rate+ for his career is

And he's a Hall of Fame lock. :laugh:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

It'll be interesting to see if the Bucs can shut Barkley down like they did CMC. Make the rookie QB beat you in his first start.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Elisha

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nail Rat posted:

edit: Eli is 95 off of the career INT lead there's no loving way he was ever going to get there.

Among the lone and level fields, the Funslinger stands tall.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
He didnt deserve MVP the 2nd time around

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Professor Funk posted:

Cougs binch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:smith:

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1173980491437039617?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Is it just me or are there a lot more QB retirements this year?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/15/pat-shurmur-starting-daniel-jones-not-a-conversation-for-right-now/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/giants-name-daniel-jones-their-starting-quarterback/

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1173961282590072832

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

ESPN Power Rankings, Week 3

Seems a little high? The Seahawks barely beat the Bengals in Seattle, whereas the 49ers steamrolled them in Cincinatti. Beating the Steelers at home is cool and good, but against a dead Big Ben for half the game.

Lmfao the cards move up one spot and the little blurb is about our kicker

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is up:

Meanwhile....

The top are a bunch of the top QB's and Jimmy G, while down in hell:

33. Josh Rosen -126

34. Ryan Fitzpatrick -209

you buried the lede. let's argue about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CyberPingu posted:

Is it just me or are there a lot more QB retirements this year?

Nah this year is weird. Losing Luck, if we lose Cam that's honestly heartbreaking. Ben can gently caress off but also may not play again. It will only accelerate from here for that generation of QB, but Luck and Cam are way too young which means it's out of the ordinary

Looks like the word came from on high (Gettleman/the owner) to start Daniel Jones. They're only playing the Bucs so it isn't an awful game to start him in but he still might have trouble.