Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m reading about the Packers young incredible secondary and brutal edge rushers and can’t loving wait for Patrick to face them in a few weeks and test his mettle

Oh KC will utterly destroy us. No illusions about that. That KC offense is on another level.

But this is shaping up to be one of the better Green Bay Packers defenses in almost two decades. We’re a little excited about it. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

imagine losing this bet because Mitch Trubisky has the game of his life.

You'd have to kill yourself at that point, right?

How much do you put on the Bears to hedge your bet? Your entire savings (assuming it's not much if he's making a hail mary bet like that)?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wait a minute are we talking about stud young DBs?

https://twitter.com/LsuFBallTruth/status/1175908418516860928?s=20

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

FizFashizzle posted:

Well, the alternative to losing that 89 cent bet is a non-zero chance of joining the bookmaker by disappearing and later being found dead.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1176238504470360066?s=19

Team wants QB to pass the ball

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BGrifter posted:

Oh KC will utterly destroy us. No illusions about that. That KC offense is on another level.

But this is shaping up to be one of the better Green Bay Packers defenses in almost two decades. We’re a little excited about it. :shobon:

I didn’t mean it in a bad or backhanded way, I truly love great matchups and that pass defense may force Mahomes to do some new things

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

So does the guy with the $0.89 bet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

it would be very chargers to somehow lose that game

purposefully giving the ball to the other team . . . interesting strategy

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Washington has been historically bad at MNF since they moved to FedEx. No way Trubisky doesn't put up like 350 and 3 TDs tonight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I didn’t mean it in a bad or backhanded way, I truly love great matchups and that pass defense may force Mahomes to do some new things

Packers D is still fairly raw so I think Mahomes has room to pull out some miracles -- especially if King has a couple boneheaded moments again like he did yesterday where he just flat out stopped running on a deep pass to look back at the QB.

The key issue is figuring out how to stop the Smiths and Kenny Clark from just overpowering the offensive line. Mahomes has plenty of zip on his legs so I expect to see him throwing on the run quite often against the Packers defense next month.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mind_Taker posted:

Washington has been historically bad at MNF since they moved to FedEx. No way Trubisky doesn't put up like 350 and 3 TDs tonight.

Yikes:

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1176108584209436673?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I still think Washington might win if they can simply put up 20+ points. The Bears will never score more than that, it's literally impossible

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe we will get a redo of the 2004 bears Redskins game where brunell went 8/22 for 95 yards, td and int and Jonathan Quinn went 10/22 for 65 yards with an int

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BGrifter posted:

To illustrate

The difference between #1 KC and #2 NE is the same as between NE and Denver

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

it would be very chargers to somehow lose that game

Oh I'm terrified and glad I wont be able to watch it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1176238144250896384

Ooof. I guess he’s just a lazy shithead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

What made him a 3rd round talent? I never saw the story on him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kiimo posted:

To illustrate

The difference between #1 KC and #2 NE is the same as between NE and Denver

lol jesus christ KC

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

He was 1st round talent who plummeted during the combine because of disastrous team interviews and attitude problems.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

seiferguy posted:

As I recall he was far better than 3rd round talent but had significant maturity concerns and hosed up a bunch of interviews.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

sack numbers for his final year in college, I believe. That's what really got his name up there; obviously such numbers can be very deceiving based on a number of other factors including temperament

Surprisingly, Baltimore actually has them beat in total yards per game this season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If only the Ravens would trade for a runningback!

;)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I really hope Ravens vs Redskins is not on MNF next year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

I already wanted the Bears to lose but now I REALLY do

https://twitter.com/FamousCeleb/status/1176230778167906305?s=19

almost certainly a fake, but the only sane move would be to hedge profits by betting heavily on the Bears money line tonight

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Play posted:

Surprisingly, Baltimore actually has them beat in total yards per game this season

Playing the Dolphins will do that

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I don't want to alarm anyone but Frank Gore is only like 350 yards away from being #3 all time in rushing yards. And he's somehow getting like 60 yards a game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez Gore

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OneMoreTime posted:

I don't want to alarm anyone but Frank Gore is only like 350 yards away from being #3 all time in rushing yards. And he's somehow getting like 60 yards a game.

Frank Lore

because he's... legendary

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so who's the emergency QB for the Jets with Falk's backup gone now?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

OneMoreTime posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

so who's the emergency QB for the Jets with Falk's backup gone now?
I think it's Bell?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers D is still fairly raw so I think Mahomes has room to pull out some miracles -- especially if King has a couple boneheaded moments again like he did yesterday where he just flat out stopped running on a deep pass to look back at the QB.

The key issue is figuring out how to stop the Smiths and Kenny Clark from just overpowering the offensive line. Mahomes has plenty of zip on his legs so I expect to see him throwing on the run quite often against the Packers defense next month.

Honestly I think that game has a lot more to do with the packers offense at that point. If rodgers is back to relative form and the offense is consistent and performing to its potential, it will force mahomes to have to stay aggressive against a ball hawking defense. If our offense craps out and kc goes up by 3 touchdowns by the 2nd half then obv he can be much more conservative and not have to risk much.

In any event I hope it turns out to be a great game rather than a one sided asswhoopin by kc. Time will tell!

I'm also worried about how we hold up against the Dallas run game. Weve been giving up some hefty yards on the ground and dak is playing good to boot so its gonna be a rough one I think

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

He was an awesome pass rusher at Florida. He’s got a ton of wasted potential because he’s apparently a huge jackass.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

im a bit late and it seems like the qb thing has passed but i'd recommend the fins NOT draft one this coming year, because there will be intense pressure from management and ownership to trot whatever kid they get out there to be massacred and i dont have any faith that what seems like a transitional coach and staff will be able to stand up to that without getting fired and overruled anyway

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1176270376021745664

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If he has the flu I'm going to rethink that shot the pharmacy offered me

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He was 1st round talent who plummeted during the combine because of disastrous team interviews and attitude problems.

So... Polite didn't live up to his name?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Chichevache posted:

So... Polite didn't live up to his name?

Pause should be after his name

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

OneMoreTime posted:

It’s because T.J. Yeldon fumbles and they probably don’t trust Singletary in some contexts(and he’s currently hurt). Plus, he’s not half as slow as you would think and runs hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Go Giants.