Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Of QBs in the league since Mitch entered in 2017, minimum 300 attempts (random cutoff that includes Brett hundley and Brock) , 42 qualifying qbs

Mitch is 26th in completion %, 29th in td% (the one stat he was good in last year), 23rd in int%, 29th in rating, 27th in y/a, 27 in ay/a, 26 in NY/a , 30 in ypg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Guze posted:

Why trade for Rosen if you're just gonna tank to pick a QB?

You can trot some other bum out there with Fitzpatrick and lose 16 games.

This is the one thing I don't get with their tank. Rosen certainly has some trade value and they can't be all that invested in him at this point. A mid rounder from the Colts or Vikings should be an easy sell.

I really think they should trade down from wherever they end up next year. Tua, Herbert and Fromm will be attracting enough attention that someone will pay out of the nose (which again Colts and Vikings for obvious candidates). Toss in the matter of owning 2 other teams 1sts you could pull a Sashi trading back a bit and grabbing support pieces. This all of course depends on their talent evaluation process being worth a drat.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bears need to to pull the QB ripcord quickly cause Mitch ain’t it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Dolphins next season are basically going to be an expansion team.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Le'veon Bell will single handedly carry the Jets to their 2 wins of the season over the Dolphins

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/tole_cover/status/1173772389261467648?s=09

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AndrewP posted:

Bears need to to pull the QB ripcord quickly cause Mitch ain’t it

Rosen appears to be worse but I wonder if Miami would take Mitch for him with no picks included

Nov 6, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Rosen appears to be worse but I wonder if Miami would take Mitch for him with no picks included

You can't really even evaluate a QB on the Dolphins roster right now. Their line can't stop anyone and their receivers can't catch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Weird question, is it part of the cba or something that gives players leverage in demanding a trade?

A few buddies are doing the whole "they signed a contract" bullshit arguing about trade demands and I'm curious what gives player leverage other than status/skill

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You can't really even evaluate a QB on the Dolphins roster right now. Their line can't stop anyone and their receivers can't catch.

He sucked in Arizona too but maybe he's a hidden gem like favre or young

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

He sucked in Arizona too but maybe he's a hidden gem like favre or young

His first few passes hit receivers in the hands and were some of the worst drops you've ever seen wait, you're a bears fan, nevermind. After that Rosen was completely rattled and useless, but he could've possibly done something if the Dolphins receivers weren't abject garbage.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Is taco charleton any good beyond having an all world name. He is also on the trade me train

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Is taco charleton any good beyond having an all world name. He is also on the trade me train

I looked this guy up and he's a DE, I could have sworn he was a WR, turns out I was thinking of Taco Wallace

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mastershakeman posted:

I would take Rosen over Trubs for sure. Trubs just isn't good, with Rosen there's at least a chance of some decent passing performances coupled with the great defense could win them some games. Basically, we know what Trubs is but Rosen still has some room to grow

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Weird question, is it part of the cba or something that gives players leverage in demanding a trade?

A few buddies are doing the whole "they signed a contract" bullshit arguing about trade demands and I'm curious what gives player leverage other than status/skill

they can sit out until week 10 or whatever before they have to play to accrue a season.

agents can steer their players away from the team and players might just not want to play there.

it's a lot of soft power, not a lot of actual power.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think if you're the Bears you go for a more proven commodity than Rosen. He might be better than Trubs, but theres a lot of talent on that team that you shouldn't be gambling on something like that.

Trade for Gardner Minshew, imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

trubisky has another year on his contract plus an option year, they could pick up rosen and not piss trubisky off too much and figure out which one they want.

do they do that? probably not.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kalli posted:

I think we should talk about how the Buffalo Bills have a smart plan.

I think what McDermott has succeeded in more than anything else is team cohesiveness.
The team doesnt have much top-end talent, but has better depth that it has had in recent memory.

I think the overall mentality of the team has improved. One of the things that Josh Allen does seems simple, but really lionizes the team. He goes over to the defense and fires them up or encourages them. Even if he fucks up, or turns the ball over he engages with them directly.

Although it seems like a small gesture, I think the defensive players see that it is coming from a genuine place and respect Allen more because of it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

trubisky has another year on his contract plus an option year, they could pick up rosen and not piss trubisky off too much and figure out which one they want.

do they do that? probably not.

That would be as good as admitting defeat with regards to Trubisky, which would reflect poorly on the current administration

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

I think if you're the Bears you go for a more proven commodity than Rosen. He might be better than Trubs, but theres a lot of talent on that team that you shouldn't be gambling on something like that.

Trade for Gardner Minshew, imo

:hmmyes:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bears should give the Ravens a third for RG3 imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

That would be as good as admitting defeat with regards to Trubisky, which would reflect poorly on the current administration

I'd think picking up the option softens the blow for him but yeah.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
trade for eli

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

EmbryoSteve posted:

He was a touted prospect, but he cant even work his way into the Dline rotation in DAL on game days and is a healthy scratch.

I'm guessing he hasnt been able to convert to the NFL, but if some team wants to take a flier on a DE crazier things have happened (in the last day tbh)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trade for Bortles

EmbryoSteve posted:

Trade Taco to the Rams

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hifi posted:

they can sit out until week 10 or whatever before they have to play to accrue a season.

agents can steer their players away from the team and players might just not want to play there.

it's a lot of soft power, not a lot of actual power.

Thanks that's what figured, but wanted to ask

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1174019585525321734?s=19

Siemian out for the season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes turns 24 today.

Yes we're all old.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kiimo posted:

Mahomes turns 24 today.

Yes we're all old.

I'm just over twice his age :corsair:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Jets should make a deal for Eli, because that would just be so loving god drat funny.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a bunch of lovely teams are gonna accrue decent win totals this year because nearly the entire nfl is garbage

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw a commercial with Patrick Mahomes and his voice sounded normal and not like Alex Jones bred with Kermit the Frog. Voice over or did he take lessons?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I saw a commercial with Patrick Mahomes and his voice sounded normal and not like Alex Jones bred with Kermit the Frog. Voice over or did he take lessons?

they pipe the state farm commercial through a vocoder and have a legion of people tweak filter and amplify it so it sounds normal and on key

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Taco would probably be better in a different scheme. Cowboys never seemed like they knew how to use him. Their scheme requires quick upfield penetration, but Taco is more of a reactive type. The hope is that he is a slow developing player that will grow into a good technician given his build, but he hasn't put anything consistent together. Ultimately, Taco is a huge bust in Dallas for one reason or another.

Robert Quinn returns from suspension this week.

Nov 6, 2002

If you'd been in a coma for two years what would be the worst NFL news to wake up and find out about?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
More Patriots super bowls

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If you'd been in a coma for two years what would be the worst NFL news to wake up and find out about?

The Rub Tape was successfully suppressed

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Patriots have been to the last two superbowls and are going to now go for a 4th time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

seiferguy posted:

Dude could certainly afford a vocal coach and speech therapist out of pocket