Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

wilderthanmild posted:

I was looking up the betting line and spread for the Browns/Rams game. I expected the Rams to be a heavy favorite there, but they are currently drat near even on those odds. Though to be fair, one site that showed how people were betting had 93% of bets on the Rams spread at -1.5.

Do I not understand how they set those odds? Because Browns/Rams basically being a coinflip odds wise seems ludicrous to me. Was some oddsmaker drunk?

Lines start at home team -3 by default. The Rams have uninspiring wins against Carolina and the Teddy Bridgewater-Saints. The Browns are 1-1 and still have a massive amount of preseason hype following them and showed flashes of their big play offense last night. The only way a road team gets over 3 points on the spread is if they are really blowing out teams or the home team is bottom of the barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I hope they cut him and he comes back to the Rams for vet minimum

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Trade for Bortles

EmbryoSteve posted:

Is taco charleton any good beyond having an all world name. He is also on the trade me train

Trade Taco to the Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It's funny that no one else other then Belichick has countered this by shifting defenses past 15 seconds

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams being the 9th offense and 5th defense in DVOA is not what I expect but it's acceptable

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wish Minshew was on the Colts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Goff is a top ten QB and you will respect him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Goff is my very special large adult son and I don't care for the attitude and tone of this thread

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1174073630562639872?s=20

Is CJ Anderson still fat?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

What the hell is even a "scripted yard earned per attempt"? And if you have less, or more of them, and still win, how does that equate to anything relevant, at all?

The first 15 plays of a game are usually chosen/scripted by an offensive coordinator, then they actually start calling plays on the fly after that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You can also use the scripted plays specifically to see how the defense is reacting to certain plays and concepts and based the rest of the game off that

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Every football offense at every level scripts plays

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I checked pro football reference and the top 5 qbs by AV drafted this decade are cam and Russ at 100+, Dalton at 90, luck 79, tannehill 61. Then cousins, Carr, Bradford, kaep, bortles

Jesus christ Dalton being the 3rd best lmao

AV on PFR is a cumulative value based on a players stats. The longer you play the better it is.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1174405013659144192?s=20

thank u kyle allen

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Elway is a giant dumbass

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coughlin retire bitch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How much are we expecting Jalen to command in a trade, given his contract status and stuff?

I feel like there's enough interest at this point that he's going to be worth at least a first round pick

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

now im just picturing your dad just texting you 'FOH clown' every time you try to get in touch lol

Apparently Shad Khan said that he would be willing to make Ramsey the highest paid CB in the league if Ramsey would stay:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001056815/article/jags-owner-willing-to-make-ramsey-highestpaid-cb

Khan needs to take charge and get rid of Coughlin and Marrone and reboot the front office

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

That would be pretty epic if a player actually managed to get a GM fired by requesting a trade because of him

I think it should be done based on how quickly the team has fallen after being a couple plays away from the Super Bowl 2 years ago

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Patriots Legend Antonio Brown released

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Simmons didn’t want AB on the Patriots in the first place and recorded an hour long podcast with his dad talking himself into it as soon as he signed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If Marvin Lewis was still with the Bengals Antonio Brown would be suiting up to catch passes from Andey on Sunday

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That take is colder than frozen dog poo poo. The man throws good now. It's football fact.

The issue is that Lamar Jackson isn’t throwing the football in a traditional sense. He’s suspending the ball in the air and moving reality around the football. When they face Belichick and his 1-1-3-2-4 inter dimensional defensive zone backfield that isn’t going to work.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/FredNBCLA/status/1175614565553332224?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lmao at anyone defending anything AB has done

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

What about when AB called out the fact that Robert Kraft consorted with a human trafficker to receive sex and will never be held accountable because he is rich and friends with the president?

Spidermanpointing.jpg

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aren't the Eagles horribly injured? They're also playing on the road in Lambeau against a fired-up Packers defense. I'm not saying it can't happen, of course, but I think the Packers have to be favored here, right?

The Packers run defense has shown weakness this season, but Jordan Howard has been having a really lackluster start to 2019. The Packers pass defense has been eating people alive.

I'm really looking forward to the game Thursday and I hope the 3-day turnaround doesn't affect match quality too much.

The Packers are favoured in the game right now, the line is -4.5 Packers. I think the Eagles stand a pretty good chance if DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey suit up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Didn't Cam injure his foot in pre-season? They are dumb for even putting him out there