Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, but the Colts basically just took a year off to draft Luck, because it's easy to lose out when you... just start super bad backup QBs. The Dolphins on the other hand seem to be burning the team to the ground way beyond what's necessary to get the draft capital for a high 1st round QB.

The Colts also had a pretty bad/thin roster besides Manning at the time. It was a time of vindication for Colts fans who had been decrying Chris Polian's drafts while nobody else believed the roster was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

ESPN moved a bunch of teams that won this week down in their power rankings. Checks out.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Perfectly adequate

edit: Eli is 95 off of the career INT lead there's no loving way he was ever going to get there.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think more than ever the general sentiment is that you need a decent QB to win at bare minimum in the modern NFL and that you almost certainly need to pick somewhere at least in the top 10 or higher to guarantee your best shot at getting one. So it is starting to lead to NBA style tanking, where you really want to pick super high up since the value of that one player on your franchise is so incredibly high.

The idea of picking a dude later to develop on the bench for a few years as a successor seems pretty dead. Off the top of my head the only young QBs playing in the last five years that weren't Top 15 picks are Dak and I guess now Lamar (who was still a first rounder).

Jacoby Brissett! Just barely in the last five years, but it counts.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Colts already had a good young quarterback on the bench, not much to think about. Just expectations to adjust.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

sean10mm posted:

I think it's an absolute lock. The storyline is just too good - beating the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl, Super Bowl MVP both times, with iconic big plays in each game, 18-1.

His career stats are trash by HOF standards, but it won't matter.

Yeah Joe Namath is in the hall. What will really suck is when Roethlisberger gets in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

quote:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/9/18/20871577/around-the-nfl-week-2-bids-farewell-to-three-historic-quarterbacks

If this an old post so be it, but I'm just dumbfounded by this feelgood "old qb" piece that doesn't mention at all that Ben Roethlisberger is a shithead rapist.

Maybe I should just ready to get used to this when he's inducted in five years

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 18, 2019