Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/15/pat-shurmur-starting-daniel-jones-not-a-conversation-for-right-now/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/giants-name-daniel-jones-their-starting-quarterback/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

ESPN Power Rankings, Week 3

Seems a little high? The Seahawks barely beat the Bengals in Seattle, whereas the 49ers steamrolled them in Cincinatti. Beating the Steelers at home is cool and good, but against a dead Big Ben for half the game.

Lmfao the cards move up one spot and the little blurb is about our kicker

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is up:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-2-quick-reads

Top half of the article is some analysis about how when a QB gets pressured, they have to make a choice... do they hold onto the ball for as long as possible, taking more sacks, do they throw riskier passes downfield and get intercepted more, or do they throw dumpoffs and throwaways and not move the ball.

Meanwhile....

The top are a bunch of the top QB's and Jimmy G, while down in hell:

33. Josh Rosen -126

34. Ryan Fitzpatrick -209

you buried the lede. let's argue about this

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Weird question, is it part of the cba or something that gives players leverage in demanding a trade?

A few buddies are doing the whole "they signed a contract" bullshit arguing about trade demands and I'm curious what gives player leverage other than status/skill

they can sit out until week 10 or whatever before they have to play to accrue a season.

agents can steer their players away from the team and players might just not want to play there.

it's a lot of soft power, not a lot of actual power.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

trubisky has another year on his contract plus an option year, they could pick up rosen and not piss trubisky off too much and figure out which one they want.

do they do that? probably not.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

That would be as good as admitting defeat with regards to Trubisky, which would reflect poorly on the current administration

I'd think picking up the option softens the blow for him but yeah.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I saw a commercial with Patrick Mahomes and his voice sounded normal and not like Alex Jones bred with Kermit the Frog. Voice over or did he take lessons?

they pipe the state farm commercial through a vocoder and have a legion of people tweak filter and amplify it so it sounds normal and on key

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Eli getting in is fine but I'd rather it be with the HOF being a "big house" than catering to the new york types and the big market teams.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah owners don't fit anywhere in the hall of fame aside from al davis. Its gonna suck poo poo when goodell gets in

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

I got chewed out for at least a page a few years ago in a GDT over a looming QBocaplypse when some garbage people were playing (I think it was Bort Bortles and Christian Ponder? :barf:).

Doesn't seem unrealistic now and all the olds are dying off with Ben and Brees going down.

And none of these morons will sign Kap either lol

Nobody gave a poo poo when the cards were starting skeletor, this is 100% a east coast big market opinion, that the NFL has to do something about qb quality

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

More blood. How did they not know it was broken before Wednesday?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1174448192257236993

injury reports come out today, so i think this is just the latest you can not tell the media about it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1175066360310841344

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i still support labor. i wish the pats were on the hook for everything they owned ab. adios

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

imagine if there was a well defined bargained-on process instead of just poo poo thrown at a wall that's failed everyone involved from ray rice to AB. ray rice was 6 years ago and nothing has changed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://www.footballzebras.com/2019/09/new-clapgate-information-does-not-provide-clarity/

nfl ref leadership is awful

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

At least they backed off of the immediate snap thing. Like that's how you do a snap count while clapping, wait two beats after the clap instead of one.

I honestly don't understand why this is even a deal.

quarterbacking while black/coaching while millennial.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ravens would probably be better if they cut hurst and sign jaelen strong

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i don't trust hollywood brown to put up a 1k yard season and the RBs look bad with the o line they have and the between the tackles plays harbaugh wants to run. kawalimus is probably right aside from his thoughts about jalen ramsey. The RB and WR depth chart sucks

kiimo posted:

Okay I'm out. Best the Ravens have looked in years, full of young potential on offense. I'm extremely glad you aren't getting Ramsey who shut down Tyreek Hill last year.

Ravens have entered the AFC arms race and I sincerely hope they try to add more running backs instead of an area of need.

Also Justice Hill is a loving stud.

Ingram looked like t rich for most of the arizona game.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I really wanna get kawalimus on the "trade a fifth for kalen ballage" hype train

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cause it's against a horde of dipshits who only check their fantasy football stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a week later "why are only the rookies getting screwed on holding calls"