Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

So the Dolphins traded away another starter, because a 102-10 point differential over the first 2 games wasn't enough I guess.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1173780967342989318?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I really don't get this "We have to destroy the entire team to save it" philosophy. The Dolphins have mostly been mediocre to "normal" bad, not some kind of incredibad omnishambles. Teams that looked way worse than the 7-9 2018 Dolphins turned things around quickly without just burning everything to the ground.

code:
                   PF  Yds
Team Stats         10  384
Opp. Stats        102 1024
Lg Rank Offense    32   32
Lg Rank Defense    32   32
:wtc:

We’ve been in that 7-9 range for nearly 2 decades. At this point I think everyone just wants to try something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

Except that the guy in charge of the rebuild has been with the team for twenty years, director of scouting since 2007 and GM for almost four years.

I have no idea how good or bad Grier is because I have no idea who he's actually "picked" over the course of his career because the power structure has been such a clusterfuck in Miami for so long :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

axeil posted:

I want a repeat of the last Dolphins/Steelers MNF game where that punt got stuck in the ground. It was the most glorious terrible game I've ever watched.

back in 2007 when we went 1-15

it's like deja vu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w&t=18s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AndrewP posted:

So Goff is... running plays called by a coach? What’s the issue here

Most people expect it to go like this:

play caller gives the QB the play

QB gives the play to the team and the huddle breaks

QB gets to the line of scrimmage and reads the defense and makes the necessary adjustments

That tweet is claiming that Goff isn't doing that final step and instead just relies on McVay to do it for him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Finger Prince posted:

What the hell is even a "scripted yard earned per attempt"? And if you have less, or more of them, and still win, how does that equate to anything relevant, at all?

just look for your team’s logo and react!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Meanwhile, in Charlotte...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Adam Gase does not seem like he's good enough to be the general my way or the highway rear end in a top hat that he is.

yeah but he loves football so much that he only stayed for a few minutes after his child was born so that he could go to the office and grind tape with peyton

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jalen Ramsey only got to a meeting 4 minutes early instead of 5

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is also the dude that called Dwayne Haskins a mobile QB. I'll trust his NBA sources but he's got nothing anywhere else.

He's a content machine that spends like 8 hours per day commenting on sports. At some point he's going to give an uninformed opinion. Doesn't mean you can't trust his NFL sources.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

poor fella

what a lovely start to his career

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if anyone picks him up

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my man

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's still junk KALLI!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If the Dolphins take a qb this year somebody should be fired

what the hell??

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The line sucks and there's how many competent receivers? Why would you stick a rookie QB in that situation?

draft Tua with the first overall pick

spend the other two firsts on OL x 2 or OL + WR

continue to invest in OL and WR with the menagerie of picks we have in rounds 2-7

use the 160m in cap space we have to bring in additional OL and WR

and we can sit Tua for a year if we want because we have Rosen

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Here's the transcript if anybody cares to read a whole lot of nothing:

wow I can't believe tom brady is a stupid rear end in a top hat

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Dont draft tua

it's too late I already talked myself into it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Or they can flip that #1 into 2 more firsts and a bevy of other high picks. They've out sold the 1-32 browns already and it seems way more likely that they'll be in the top 3 if not the 1 again after that. This team is bad enough to land back to back #1's or at worst the 3rd overall

I'm not gonna advocate for passing on a QB we love because we are lovely right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Because all those mid rounders are certain to work out as starters!

Yall did notice Andrew Luck the most recent sure thing died right?

Drafting Andrew Luck was 100% the right move for the Colts though :confused:

I don't understand how the Colts doing a poor job with Luck's medical issues and not putting together a good offensive line is supposed to impact my opinion on whether Miami should take Tua.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Because you're putting him on a shittier team than the Colts. It's not going to coalesce after just 1 draft.

I think you're making too many assumptions.

You're assuming:

Miami will get the first overall pick two seasons in a row (we might not even get it this year with the way the Jets are playing!)

Miami can't use an historical combination of draft and cap ammunition to make the roster go from "terrible" to just "below average".

Miami can't further bolster the roster in 2021 with another stupid amount of high picks and cap space.

A QB will be available in 2021 that we'll like as much as Tua (Lawrence has looked worse so far this year, he could also get hurt or even decide to go back another year to Clemson).

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the miami dolphins will never be good again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

is the word again really necessary?

They were good when I was a boy!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Ross will die eventually.

I don't know if that matters that much tbh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really don't want to keep having this "the dolphins are so lovely that they shouldn't draft a QB" argument across multiple threads, so I'm just going to drop it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

What made him a 3rd round talent? I never saw the story on him.

He was an awesome pass rusher at Florida. He’s got a ton of wasted potential because he’s apparently a huge jackass.