Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So the Dolphins traded away another starter, because a 102-10 point differential over the first 2 games wasn't enough I guess.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1173780967342989318?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I really don't get this "We have to destroy the entire team to save it" philosophy. The Dolphins have mostly been mediocre to "normal" bad, not some kind of incredibad omnishambles. Teams that looked way worse than the 7-9 2018 Dolphins turned things around quickly without just burning everything to the ground.

code:
                   PF  Yds
Team Stats         10  384
Opp. Stats        102 1024
Lg Rank Offense    32   32
Lg Rank Defense    32   32
:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think more than ever the general sentiment is that you need a decent QB to win at bare minimum in the modern NFL and that you almost certainly need to pick somewhere at least in the top 10 or higher to guarantee your best shot at getting one. So it is starting to lead to NBA style tanking, where you really want to pick super high up since the value of that one player on your franchise is so incredibly high.

The idea of picking a dude later to develop on the bench for a few years as a successor seems pretty dead. Off the top of my head the only young QBs playing in the last five years that weren't Top 15 picks are Dak and I guess now Lamar (who was still a first rounder).

Yeah, but the Colts basically just took a year off to draft Luck, because it's easy to lose out when you... just start super bad backup QBs. The Dolphins on the other hand seem to be burning the team to the ground way beyond what's necessary to get the draft capital for a high 1st round QB.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Rate+ indexes your passer rating against the league average that season, so if you were exactly league average in a season you get a rate+ of 100.

Eli's average rate+ for his career is

And he's a Hall of Fame lock. :laugh:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The Jets lie about everything even when everyone knows the truth already.

Of all the things to copy from the Patriots...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

weird that there are people who think eli won't get into the Hall

I think it's an absolute lock. The storyline is just too good - beating the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl, Super Bowl MVP both times, with iconic big plays in each game, 18-1.

His career stats are trash by HOF standards, but it won't matter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Eli chat got me thinking: am I the only guy who thinks the 2007 Patriots are kinda overrated? Their first 10 games they were insanely awesome, but after that they mostly looked like every other Patriots team that had to just bullshit their way to several close wins every year. Once the shock effect of NEVER MIND THAT poo poo HERE COMES MONGO MOSS wore off and the team started to wear down physically and mentally, they were kind of "just" a good Super Bowl team instead of a historically unstoppable juggernaut.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

In the Ravens game they had that sequence on 4th down late where they stopped Brady on one of his sneaks but Rex Ryan called a timeout for no reason at all, then they stopped them AGAIN but the Patriots made a false start so there was no play. Then the Patriots converted on the following play.

They also almost lost to an Eagles team starting a backup QB.

Those first 10 weeks I think teams literally had no idea what to even attempt to do on defense, like the 2007 Cowboys had a really good pass rush and Brady just laughed at them and hung 48 points on them or something.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 18, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

As a Pats fan, Eli belongs in the HOF, Edelman doesn't and Peyton Manning was a always a bitch.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Especially with the red socks.

Searching for these throwback jerseys brought up the images from the Pats/Titans game in 09 - the complete drubbing - which I think is one of the most beautiful games ever put to tape because of both teams wearing gorgeous throwbacks set in the middle of a snowstorm.

Shamelessly quoting because these images just own bones. :getin:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Raku posted:

i remember a time when jacksonville had an actual mascot

The best one, in fact.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'm on team "Why don't you just loving purge AB already?" but does it even make sense for a coach to comment on an ongoing player investigation beyond "we're looking into it and will let you know how it goes"? Isn't the rule of thumb if there's an ongoing investigation to, you know, shut the gently caress up about it?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

I think after Kareem Hunt, it's stupid to just cut a good player, as teams do not care, but the league should absolutely throw him on the commissioner's exempt list.

Yup, Belichick saw what happened with Hunt and was like, "gently caress that poo poo, either we have him, or the league punishes him and nobody does, and maybe we get out of paying him too."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My hot take is AB can go eat poo poo forever.

He might also not get any money because his contract with the Pats had a huge "everything voided if you make us look bad" clause, which just the latest texts by themselves probably triggers.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

They can be poo poo on, just not from Pats fans.

The Chiefs didn't purge Hill, the Pats did purge AB. High ground regained.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Also, Steelers knew :911:

:hmmyes:

And here's the part of the contract that possibly gets the Pats off the hook for all the money:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1171780783717191680

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

indigi posted:

exactly, which is why it's not surprising trafficking charges didn't stick. I just thought maybe there was a new development I wasn't aware of

It was more that they never had any evidence and never even attempted to bring charges on it. It was just a pretext and/or PR justification for the raid.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

This isn’t correct. Rub and tugs are hotbeds of human trafficking, and they did have evidence that people were living in the parlors prior to the warrant application.

So this story is incorrect?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-sex-work-trafficking-florida-823153/

"Prosecutors Say There’s No Evidence of Sex Trafficking In Robert Kraft Case"

“No one is being charged with human trafficking. There is no human trafficking that arises out of this investigation”

e: this is probably more of a rubmaps thread conversation anyway.

e2: Deadspin reported the same thing https://deadspin.com/prosecutor-theres-no-evidence-of-sex-trafficking-in-th-1834008710

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 21, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nm

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 22, 2019

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

E: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Because all those mid rounders are certain to work out as starters!

Yall did notice Andrew Luck the most recent sure thing died right?

Nobody will repeat that mista... oh.